EsOrEnNa

Mommy corner

167 posts in this topic

He's gorgeous Gabi :)

I hope he likes older women. Im wondering when I should break the news about the arranged marriage. But with your cute baby and my cute baby, we should have some stellar-looking grandkids! :lol:

i wanna see those grandkids too :thumbs:

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Mommies, is anyone of you signing with their baby?

I started out with the sign for eat and more and all done but ADam only signs back 'all done'. I'm gonna start the "potty" sign today as well as 'diaper change'...we'll see what happens. I know he's already a year old but still he's not even talking so I guess it won't harm him to teach him a sign here and there.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Mommies, is anyone of you signing with their baby?

I started out with the sign for eat and more and all done but ADam only signs back 'all done'. I'm gonna start the "potty" sign today as well as 'diaper change'...we'll see what happens. I know he's already a year old but still he's not even talking so I guess it won't harm him to teach him a sign here and there.

I have a book about it I got as a gift and it looks pretty interesting. My sister seemed to have good success with her son learning to sign. Im going to try it when he spends a little more time awake, but doing something besides eating :lol:

Does anyone else's baby have vivid dreams? My little one goes bananas in his sleep. He smiles, cooes, shrieks, flails, breathes fast, and sometimes even screams. Is this night terrors, or normal?

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

My babies both had a lot of wiggling and flailing and facial expressions, plus that startle reflex, but no shrieking or screaming. Might be a good question for the doc at your next appointment.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Gabi, Kavi breathes fast, smiles, sometimes flails, and sometimes makes a squeaky sound during certain sleep. I am guessing REM sleep. No shrieks or screams though.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Mommies...look what Adam can do since yesterday http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Ev...nt=MOV03865.flv

Needless to say that I am one proud mom... :lol::luv:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Mommies...look what Adam can do since yesterday http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Ev...nt=MOV03865.flv

Needless to say that I am one proud mom... :lol::luv:

wonderful video eveline, i can't wait for my little guy to do that :blush:

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

@evi.. congrats!! D started that about 3 weeks ago too.. but he cant walk more than 7 steps.. :whistle: but he is getting there.. :lol:

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Congrats to Adam (priceless video Eveline, too cute!) and Damion! And good luck to moms...now the real trouble begins :P

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

We've got walkers too! Haneul takes about 5 steps tops and Iseul can do about 7 or 8.

I do some signing with the babies. Our babysitters sign with them quite a bit because they have two deaf sisters, so they are the real experts. The girls do signs for milk, bath, please, and mine. I also want to teach them them the signs for potty, etc.

Speaking of the potty, is anyone trying elimination communication? Haneul and Iseul are very interested in the potty and I try both of them on their potty chair when I do diaper changes. Both have peed on their little potty several times. Every time I say 'potty' they blow raspberries--it's pretty funny. I didn't teach them that, they just decided on it. I say pssss or shhhhh when they are on the potty to cue them to pee.

My Korean mother in law is the one who turned me on to elimination communication. In Korea in the days of cloth diapers, it was just the way things were done. She told us to start at 3 or 4 months, but we started at 10 months. I'll do more with it when I'm on summer vacation and I'm home and also I think it will be a lot easier with fewer layers of clothes.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Timeline

I have heard of EC but for me it was just too much of a hassle. I did cloth diaper but could never really get myself into having my hand in baby's diaper to see when he peed. Anyway, Adam is not interested at all in his potty. I do put him on there whenever I go to the bathroom (and I don't forget about him) and he sits there and has a good time listening to me peeing but he never peed on it yet. I guess that will still take a while.

Congratulations on your potty training though. It's amazing how you handle the twins like it's no big deal at all. I guess you grow into it eventually.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
I have heard of EC but for me it was just too much of a hassle. I did cloth diaper but could never really get myself into having my hand in baby's diaper to see when he peed. Anyway, Adam is not interested at all in his potty. I do put him on there whenever I go to the bathroom (and I don't forget about him) and he sits there and has a good time listening to me peeing but he never peed on it yet. I guess that will still take a while.

Congratulations on your potty training though. It's amazing how you handle the twins like it's no big deal at all. I guess you grow into it eventually.

I don't know that I handle twins like it is no big deal all the time. It was very hard in the beginning so I think everything since has seemed easier because of that. I have one baby that is what some would call an 'easy' baby and the other is pretty easygoing--maybe a medium need baby.

I wanted and still want to cloth diaper, but my husband is totally against it. I work full time and he's the stay at home dad now, so maybe I will try partial cloth diapering in the summer when I have my summer vacation.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

My daughter is 26 months and is a pretty slow speaker. She understands tons in either English or German, but she just doesn't say a whole lot. I don't know if it is a confidence issue or what. I read that bilingual kids take longer to speak, but you know, I see kids much younger than her just gabbing away in words and sentences. My daughter is huge for her age, easily as tall and weighs as much as most three year olds, so people expect more out of her. So far we have only gotten out of her 'Wo is t'da kilk?' and 'Whaaz dat?' as sentences.

I guess I am just fishing for comments about it from other parents of bilingual kids. We don't know anyone here with kids, let alone bilingual ones.