guteLT

about the documents that need to be sent to NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

NVC asks to send originals or copies of original documents with DS230.. is it enaugh to translate and notarise copies of documents or we need to get apostille that makes documents legal in foreign country- I really don't want to send originals to them. :no: ..maybe somebody could help with that?thanks (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, they need to be originals of certified copies. The place you get the documents from should be able to give you these. Translations on the other hand don't have to be certifed.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi

Check the DS-230 processing website

Enter your Embassy and you will get the information

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
NVC asks to send originals or copies of original documents with DS230.. is it enaugh to translate and notarise copies of documents or we need to get apostille that makes documents legal in foreign country- I really don't want to send originals to them. :no: ..maybe somebody could help with that?thanks (F)

It is not enough to make copies and translations.

There is a special note in the instructions that state if you have a copy, it must be certified by the legal or issuing authority. That means a copy (with translation) must be certified by a governmental department.

Or else you will be RFE'd

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It is not enough to make copies and translations.

There is a special note in the instructions for the DS-230 (look at the instructions for this sentence under each document requested

[b]...."or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority."[/b]

That means a copy must be certified by the GOVERNMENT department that issues the respective documents.

Or else you will be RFE'd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.