discerned1

Removing from this journey

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all. I am just on here to say thanks for your comments and concerns and things. My fiance, if you want to call him that, and I have split because of his dishonesty and suspicion. He said that he received the medical results on Monday and that he failed. He wouldn't tell me what he failed. He kept acting stuck on stupid. He said that's why he didn't go to the interview. He could have went and probably got a blue slip or something to return and have another medical done and gotten a visa. THE IDIOT! No communication, no working it out. He had me in suspense all day long Tuesday. I even took the day off work to hear from him. Here I was thinking that he was at the interview, when all along he didn't go. He didn't call me or text me or email me, NOTHING. He didn't have the guts to call me when he received the medical results ON MONDAY! We could have called the embassy to reschedule or something.

He took my money which was originally meant for the embassy fee and spent it on things while he was in Lagos. He told me he spent it. Ugh! I tried calling him all day long Tuesday and Wednesday only to have the phone ring and ring. I knew he was nearby because one time I called he turned his phone off in the middle of the ringing. I was in a total state of oblivian all day long!! I didn't know what was going on. Was it something I'd done? Surely, not. All I had given him was my understanding, patience, love, and time...and I've sacrificed a lot for him too. He still wouldn't have told me anything if I hadn't perservered on the situation and almost literally had to beg him to tell me what happened.

Finally, I got a hold of him on Wednesday and he was already back in Port Harcourt! He went through all this almost without telling me about anything?! The JERK! (Excuse my language.) I know that he probably felt intimidated to tell me the whole story about his medicals, but to leave Lagos and go back to Port Harcourt without calling me and letting me know anything was toooootally strange. I am glad that I prepared myself with God's covering throughout this process. If it wasn't for God's saving grace in my life, I probably would have flew me and my mob down to Nigeria to beat him in the head. Three whole years have we known each other and it has come down to this. I can't believe how much he's changed since three years?!...and yes there is more than meets the eye between him and I as well that we went through during this journey. The pretences, the lies, the childishness. I will not go into modified detail here though.

What a fool I was. I just kept calling myself that. God loves this fool, God's grace is sufficient and his mercies are new. I guess you live and you learn. NEVER AGAIN, NEVERRRRRR AGAIN!!!! I am glad also that I didn't find this out during married life! WHEW! Thank you JESUS! You've done it again! God has someone better in store for me. I know that all African men are not like this one, but just be careful out there and pray for discernment and perserverance. Have all your ducks in a row. God never fails. Thank you all for everything. :thumbs:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just want to say that.....I admire your strength, you deserve to be happy and to have the best in life!!!!! You seem like such a sweet, loving person...and I am sure that one day...you will find your true love...take care and God Bless You.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm very sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So sorry to hear about this. But you are right....God looks out for His own. Better for you to find out now than during marriage.

There is someone out there who is worthy of your love, loyalty and devotion.

God bless (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

(F) Sorry that you went through 3 years--but be so glad that you found out before he came.

February 17, 2005--mailed in I 129F to CSC!

February 24, 2005--1st NOA

March 15, 2005--2nd NOA

April 11, 2005--Fiance receives Packet 3

May 19, 2005 Fax Checklist(Nigeria police report finally arrives)

June 6, 2005-- Interview Date!!!!Visa approved!!

June 18, 2005--Fiancee arrives in Hawaii!

August 14, 2005--wedding in Oregon

September 12, 2005--sent in AOS

September 20, 2005--1st NOA AOS

September 23, 2005--Walk-in biometrics completed

October 1, 2005--fingerprints received/processing resumed

November 26, 2005--EAD card received in mail

June 7, 2006--contact senators about AOS

June 28, 2006--senator says interview date is for August 14!!

August 14, 2006--AOS interview and 1 year wedding anniversary

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am so sorry for the pain that you are going through right now. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. GOD is with you and HE gives you what is best for you, even when it isn't what you think you want.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

im so sorry...God knows best

K1

3/12/07- Mailed I-129F

3/16/07- TSC recieved and forwarded to CSC

3/22/07- NOA1

6/13/07-NOA2 via email

6/22/07 NOA2 letter

7/12/07- Received by NVC

7/16/07- NVC forwards to embassy

7/24/07- Picked up pkt 3

7/31/07- Medical

9/18/07- Interview-Approved!!!

9/21/07- Visa Pick Up

10/3/07- US Arrival

AOS &EAD

10/22/07- AOS & EAD mailed

10/23/07- Recieved by Chicago

11/2/07- NOA1

12/11/07- Biometrics

12/15/07 - AOS Transfered to California

12/21/07- EAD approved- card production ordered!!!!

01/02/08- Card arrived in mail

2/14/08- Recieved Green Card in Mail.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Discerned1,

I am very sorry that your 3 year visa journey ended like this but God knows best and makes things happen for a reason....This man is not meant for you because you deserve someone who will cherish you and treat you with honesty, respect and love. May your heart heal fast and may God unite you with the the one you were meant to spent you life with very soon!!!!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

It's always sad to break up but it is good you found out now rather then later. Good luck to you :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

May God give you the desires of your heart.

I-129F Timeline

1-03-07 - Mailed to CSC

1-09-07 - NOA1

4-11-07 - NOA2

4-25-07 - NVC received our case

4-27-07 - Case forwarded to Embassy

5-02-07 - Embassy received our case

5-07-07 - Received Packets 3 & 4

7-02-07 - Interview

7-23-07 - Visa Received

7-28-07 - U.S. Entry JFK

7-30-07 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

8-31-07 - Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

9-03-07 - Chicago Received

9-19-07 - NOA's (I-485, EAD, and I-131)

10-15-07 - RFE for birth certificate

10-16-07 - Biometrics Appointment

10-19-07 - Sent Additional Info. for RFE

12-03-07 - Touched (Received Additional Info.)

12-10-07 - Ordered Production of EAD

12-10-07 - Advanced Parole shows up online

12-12-07 - Touched Advanced Parole

12-13-07 - Touched EAD

12-17-07 - Received Advanced Parole in the mail

12-19-07 - Approval of EAD noticed sent

12-20-07 - Received EAD in the mail

12-27-07 - I-485 transfered to CSC

01-02-08 - Received transfer notice in the mail

01-10-08 - Touched Case Pending at CSC

01-11-08 - Touched I-485

01-13-08 - Touched I-485

03-03-08 - RFE for I-864

04-17-08 - Approval of I-485

04-21-08 - Received Welcome Notice in the mail

04-21-08 - Received Green Card in the mail

02-16-10 - File Removal Of Conditions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi all. I am just on here to say thanks for your comments and concerns and things. My fiance, if you want to call him that, and I have split because of his dishonesty and suspicion. He said that he received the medical results on Monday and that he failed. He wouldn't tell me what he failed. He kept acting stuck on stupid. He said that's why he didn't go to the interview. He could have went and probably got a blue slip or something to return and have another medical done and gotten a visa. THE IDIOT! No communication, no working it out. He had me in suspense all day long Tuesday. I even took the day off work to hear from him. Here I was thinking that he was at the interview, when all along he didn't go. He didn't call me or text me or email me, NOTHING. He didn't have the guts to call me when he received the medical results ON MONDAY! We could have called the embassy to reschedule or something.

He took my money which was originally meant for the embassy fee and spent it on things while he was in Lagos. He told me he spent it. Ugh! I tried calling him all day long Tuesday and Wednesday only to have the phone ring and ring. I knew he was nearby because one time I called he turned his phone off in the middle of the ringing. I was in a total state of oblivian all day long!! I didn't know what was going on. Was it something I'd done? Surely, not. All I had given him was my understanding, patience, love, and time...and I've sacrificed a lot for him too. He still wouldn't have told me anything if I hadn't perservered on the situation and almost literally had to beg him to tell me what happened.

Finally, I got a hold of him on Wednesday and he was already back in Port Harcourt! He went through all this almost without telling me about anything?! The JERK! (Excuse my language.) I know that he probably felt intimidated to tell me the whole story about his medicals, but to leave Lagos and go back to Port Harcourt without calling me and letting me know anything was toooootally strange. I am glad that I prepared myself with God's covering throughout this process. If it wasn't for God's saving grace in my life, I probably would have flew me and my mob down to Nigeria to beat him in the head. Three whole years have we known each other and it has come down to this. I can't believe how much he's changed since three years?!...and yes there is more than meets the eye between him and I as well that we went through during this journey. The pretences, the lies, the childishness. I will not go into modified detail here though.

What a fool I was. I just kept calling myself that. God loves this fool, God's grace is sufficient and his mercies are new. I guess you live and you learn. NEVER AGAIN, NEVERRRRRR AGAIN!!!! I am glad also that I didn't find this out during married life! WHEW! Thank you JESUS! You've done it again! God has someone better in store for me. I know that all African men are not like this one, but just be careful out there and pray for discernment and perserverance. Have all your ducks in a row. God never fails. Thank you all for everything. :thumbs:

Oh God! First of all i am very to hear that your 3yrs VJ ended like this; this kind of men are given us the good ones bad names.... He said he failed the medicals what part did he fail was it the physical or the lab test. To my knowledge the only thing that will make him fail the medicals or not going to the interview is only if he tested HIV positive and he's not man enough to tell you that; because all other tests that were taken at the medicals are treatable like if he was tested positive for STD's, X-ray all of these diseases are treatable.

Believe me God has a reason for doing this, maybe he doesn't deserve you or he's not the right man for you plus i know that God has a special package for somewhere; i truly admire your courage after spending lots of $$$, time and many more still you handled the whole issue with maturity and confidence....Please take heart, have patient God will surprise you soon.

Take care and God bless.

Jamil

Met online

Filed for K1--> Denied 2005

-------------------------------------------

Married and filed for K3 2006

Got K3 this time --->August 2007

Entered the US-----> September 2007

Waiting to Adjust Status--->..............

***Live Like You Are Going To Die Tomorrow,

Dream Like You Are Going To Live Forever!***

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Girl you are a good one!!! Sorry to hear of your bad fortune but in a way it is a blessing depending on how u look at it. Thank God for grace bcoz if it were me I would have been on the 1st plane to choke him!!!! Hang in there!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

discerned,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation.......YOu need time to let your heart heal. You have been nothing but positive to me and others I want to thank you for that......Also to thank you for posting your story, We all like to hear the good stories and belive in happy endings. You had the strength and courge to write and tell others about your experience.......That will help all of us keep in the back of our minds what possiblites could lay ahead for all of us going through this Journey......To fall in love with anybody is a risk weather they are here in the US or in another country........to open your heart and give it away is one of the greatest gifts you can give.....One day your heart will heal and this will soon be but a memory.....That one you long for will come along when you lest expect it and help mend your broken heart.......Will have you in my thoughts and please take care.......

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry for your hurt. In addition I admire your courage. Continue to move forward, and please do not give up on l-o-v-e.

By the way, I recently sent you a PM, please check it out when you get a moment.

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Discerned

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. You have been a positive force during the entire time I have been on this forum. I agree with the others that it is SO much better you found this out now rather than later. Please mourn now, but do not give up on love. God does have someone waiting for you.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.