Robin E.

K1 Delay at US Consul (Egypt)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Our Visa (I-129F) petition was approved by USCIS (in April 2007). My fiance was interviewed for a K-1 Visa at the US Embassy in Cairo. We were told that my fiance (from Sudan) had to have a background clearance. We have waited patiently for 5 months, but keep being told that the case is still pending. Does anyone have any suggestions how to speed the Visa process along?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Our Visa (I-129F) petition was approved by USCIS (in April 2007). My fiance was interviewed for a K-1 Visa at the US Embassy in Cairo. We were told that my fiance (from Sudan) had to have a background clearance. We have waited patiently for 5 months, but keep being told that the case is still pending. Does anyone have any suggestions how to speed the Visa process along?

I feel you we too have been in AP for 5 months... I have just resigned myself that this process might not even been anywhere close to completion. It really is not fair and it takes such a toll on your life I know from experience , but what can I say, our hands are tied. I really think all you can do is wait, calling dosen't help, talking to the goverment dosen't help... It's really hard I know !!! OMG, I feel I wake up in a sadness each and every day. I know this post dosen't give you any new answers, but I just want you to know your not alone and I feel your frustration.... I hope good news finds you soon.. look how far you have come so far..

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I feel you we too have been in AP for 5 months... I have just resigned myself that this process might not even been anywhere close to completion. It really is not fair and it takes such a toll on your life I know from experience , but what can I say, our hands are tied. I really think all you can do is wait, calling dosen't help, talking to the goverment dosen't help... It's really hard I know !!! OMG, I feel I wake up in a sadness each and every day. I know this post dosen't give you any new answers, but I just want you to know your not alone and I feel your frustration.... I hope good news finds you soon.. look how far you have come so far..

I don't know what is wrong with the Cairo embassy, but they don't seem to be doing anything lately.... there was a spurt of activity for awhile there, and now it has stopped. I can't even get an interview almost a month after all the paperwork was accepted and processed.

I don't even want to think what they are doing with the applications that have been through security clearances here in the US and are just waiting for action from the consulate :( Maby it's Ramadan and they are grumpy and lazy from fasting all day :unsure:

I feel for you both and hope that your AP is over with soon and you have visas in hand!

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done to speed up the process and Cairo seems to be the slowest. Many of us here know how depressing the long wait can be. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't know what is wrong with the Cairo embassy, but they don't seem to be doing anything lately.... there was a spurt of activity for awhile there, and now it has stopped. I can't even get an interview almost a month after all the paperwork was accepted and processed.

Was thinking at first they were waiting for after Ramadan and the small feast, but now I am afraid they will begin processing after the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays!!

pumpkin_laughs.gifpumpkin_7.gifpumpkin_6.gifpumpkin_laughs.gifrow_of_pumpkins.gif

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Thank you for your support and advice. I email the US Embassy in Cairo weekly at ConsularCairoNIV@state.gov, but get the same message, "The case is pending necessary administrative processing." It is very frustrating.

I did send my fiance an Eid gift. I don't know if he received it (the mail is shaky in Sudan). Next Ramadan we will be together. Inshallah. Salaam.

Robin :)

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

USA in Cairo is just sucks they are so slow on purpose just to make people frustrated and try to push them to give up.

They give the counsel the right to approve or reject the visa based on what ??? they have requirements for each visa so if you meet the requirements then you MUST qualify but they still throw stones in your road and accuse you are liar and you just want to travel to USA to get the green card

They are giving themselves the right to judge you and control in your life and they are talking about the human rights and the personal freedom and when you contact them they just gave you the same stupid sick standard answer

Simply this rules is just not fair

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

USA in Cairo is just sucks they are so slow on purpose just to make people frustrated and try to push them to give up.

They give the counsel the right to approve or reject the visa based on what ??? they have requirements for each visa so if you meet the requirements then you MUST qualify but they still throw stones in your road and accuse you are liar and you just want to travel to USA to get the green card

They are giving themselves the right to judge you and control in your life and they are talking about the human rights and the personal freedom and when you contact them they just gave you the same stupid sick standard answer

Simply this rules is just not fair

did u get interviewed alrdy?? coz my interview is on Sep-28 and am freaking out

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

did u get interviewed alrdy?? coz my interview is on Sep-28 and am freaking out

Hi,

Can you tell me how long did you wait to have the interview scheduled, plz? My husband is waiting for an interview since Aug 5th.

• 3 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I see this thread started in 2007 and now we are in 2015, the same horrible Administrative Processing is still there.

Although I spent almost 15 months in between the USCIS and NVC, now I just had my interview at the US embassy in Cairo on July 12th, the consular said that I should receive my visa within two weeks, and gave me a memo that says. Up till now, it's been two months and I didn't get my visa, yet the consular didn't mention that I need to be checked for security or AP. Whenever I email the embassy they say A VISA SHALL BE ISSUED SHORTLY. :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sympathy to all who must deal with this.

[Moderator hat on]

Thread from 2007 is now closed to further comments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.