summiya

IR-1/CR-1 and K-3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What is the difference between IR-1/CR-1 and a K-3 visa?

For both of these do we fill out an I-130 form ??

I am confused on whether I should apply for a K-3 or IR-1/CR-1 petition. I've also read that people who apply for a K-3 automatically applied for a IR-1/CR-1 and can choose IR-1/CR-1 if it's faster than the K-3. I'm not exactly getting what is meant by that.

I've seen people filing I-130 and than they file I-29F for a K-3 visa petition. Will it be the same for me, because I've applied for an I-129F before for my husband when we weren't married, but he was denied the visa.

thanks

What is the difference between IR-1/CR-1 and a K-3 visa?

For both of these do we fill out an I-130 form ??

I am confused on whether I should apply for a K-3 or IR-1/CR-1 petition. I've also read that people who apply for a K-3 automatically applied for a IR-1/CR-1 and can choose IR-1/CR-1 if it's faster than the K-3. I'm not exactly getting what is meant by that.

I've seen people filing I-130 and than they file I-29F for a K-3 visa petition. Will it be the same for me, because I've applied for an I-129F before for my husband when we weren't married, but he was denied the visa.

thanks

IR-1 is married fo 2 years or more! [immigrant visa]

CR-1 married for less than 2 years. [immigrant visa]

K3 non immigrant and has to adjust status to immigrant once in the US.

K3 is a bit faster than both. They are completely different visas. Google LIFE ACT.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Also more expensive plus a LOT, LOT more hassle.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Timeline

to expand on that to help you out a bit more:

I-130 is the petition that you send in for BOTH the IR1/CR1 visa AND the K3 visa. For the K3 visa however, you also have to send in the I-129F petition after you get the NOA receipt for the I-130.

Once both petitions are sent in, its a race to see which gets approved first and which visa you'll get to interview for.

If the I-129F is approved first, you'll get the K3. If the I-130 is approved first, then you'll probably get the CR1, but there's a whole bunch of paperwork that needs to go back and forth with this one, and in the meantime, the I-129F may be completed for the K3.

Read the guides above for more detailed info.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
to expand on that to help you out a bit more:

I-130 is the petition that you send in for BOTH the IR1/CR1 visa AND the K3 visa. For the K3 visa however, you also have to send in the I-129F petition after you get the NOA receipt for the I-130.

Once both petitions are sent in, its a race to see which gets approved first and which visa you'll get to interview for.

If the I-129F is approved first, you'll get the K3. If the I-130 is approved first, then you'll probably get the CR1, but there's a whole bunch of paperwork that needs to go back and forth with this one, and in the meantime, the I-129F may be completed for the K3.

Read the guides above for more detailed info.

The bolded above has not been true since November of 2006. See link below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

In short, unless you clearly indicate on the I-130 that you want Consular processing, the I-130 will be held and only the K3 will be in the race. I haven't figured out for sure, just how many times "Consular Processing Please" needs to be written in bold red ink on the I-130 to get them to send it to NVC.

All that said, with the increase in AOS fees to $1010, and the fact the immigrant isn't legal to work for at least three months after they arrive in the US, most married people will want to take really hard look at filing only the I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.