summiya

Documents to Prove Family relationship.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

When Filing for K-3 petition it asks for Documents that proves the relationship. For Example, you have to submit the marriage certificate. But in addition to that you also have to submit other proves. I want to know that if a couple doesn't have children yet, what type of prove they should send ?? I've seen the instructions for K-3 petition, but I want to what ya'll are sending as a prove ??

Thanks .

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

When Filing for K-3 petition it asks for Documents that proves the relationship. For Example, you have to submit the marriage certificate. But in addition to that you also have to submit other proves. I want to know that if a couple doesn't have children yet, what type of prove they should send ?? I've seen the instructions for K-3 petition, but I want to what ya'll are sending as a prove ??

Thanks .

Letters, emails, photos, cards, plane tickets, or basically anything to prove that your relationship is real.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks .

Letters, emails, photos, cards, plane tickets, or basically anything to prove that your relationship is real.

For the visa petition just a copy marriage cert is needed, the rest of the relationship information should be brought to the visa interview at the consulate. The counselor officer at the consulate is the person concerned with the validity of the relationship, not USCIS.

The guide spells out exactly what is needed for the petition.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Hi,

Thanks .

Yeah I get that. But when filing a petition what else do you have to send in addition to the marriage certificate. That proves a mutual relationship?

Timeline
Yeah I get that. But when filing a petition what else do you have to send in addition to the marriage certificate. That proves a mutual relationship?
Pictures from wedding and copy of marriage cert are enough.

This question comes up often for the I-130

Your evidence is acceptable, they are not as critical of bona fide marriage until you file to lift conditions on a green card in the USA.

I haven't seen any evidence that anything more than a marriage certificate is required when using the I-130 to petition for spouse to apply for a visa, in cases where the couple has never lived together in the same country. These cases do however, require more bona fide relationship proof at the time of the visa interview but usually it is in the form of evidence of visits and communication.

Yes, I'm familiar with the new I-130 instructions. I'm also aware that the I-130 is multi-purpose form. The only optional documentation available to most couples who never lived together in the same country is affidavits. Just what would these affidavits swear to, that the people attended a ceremony and/or party. Newlyweds like these usually don't have evidence of bona fide ongoing relationship when they file their petitions. USCIS knows and accepts this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1172537

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
Pictures from wedding and copy of marriage cert are enough.

This question comes up often for the I-130

Your evidence is acceptable, they are not as critical of bona fide marriage until you file to lift conditions on a green card in the USA.

I haven't seen any evidence that anything more than a marriage certificate is required when using the I-130 to petition for spouse to apply for a visa, in cases where the couple has never lived together in the same country. These cases do however, require more bona fide relationship proof at the time of the visa interview but usually it is in the form of evidence of visits and communication.

Yes, I'm familiar with the new I-130 instructions. I'm also aware that the I-130 is multi-purpose form. The only optional documentation available to most couples who never lived together in the same country is affidavits. Just what would these affidavits swear to, that the people attended a ceremony and/or party. Newlyweds like these usually don't have evidence of bona fide ongoing relationship when they file their petitions. USCIS knows and accepts this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1172537

So, no other prove is required by USCIS just the marriage certificate and wedding pictures are fine. I got married 10 days before I got back to USA. But my husband and I used to see eachother everyday before getting married. So in this case there is no other prove requrired right ?

Timeline
So, no other prove is required by USCIS just the marriage certificate and wedding pictures are fine. I got married 10 days before I got back to USA. But my husband and I used to see eachother everyday before getting married. So in this case there is no other prove requrired right ?
Yep for the petition a few wedding pics, and copy of marriage cert are needed. Collect relationship evidence for the interview.

One other consideration: File just I-130 for the CR-1 visa, the CR-1 takes a bit longer (Compare VJ Timelines for CR-1 vs K-3 for your country)

CR-1 costs less, results in a Green-Card upon entry, and does not have the hassle of adjustment of status.

Yep for the petition a few wedding pics, and copy of marriage cert are needed. Collect relationship evidence for the interview.

One other consideration: File just I-130 for the CR-1 visa, the CR-1 takes a bit longer (Compare VJ Timelines for CR-1 vs K-3 for your country)

CR-1 costs less, results in a Green-Card upon entry, and does not have the hassle of adjustment of status.

Dan took the words right out of my fingers!!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

Thanks .

Filing the DS-230 you should send only the documents the NVC asks you to send.

certified copy of marriage certificate

certified birth certificate of the beneficiary (person outside US)

police clearance

military records (if beneficiary served in military)

certified copy of information page on beneficiary's passport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the "proving of relationship" documents like letters, photos, emails, bills or records of living together COMES LATER when your wife/husband goes to the embassy for the interview.

During the interview the Consular Officer will want to see these things.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I sent a few letters....just 3 of them....just a sworn statement by friend or family member stating how they know you and that they will testify that ur relationship is real....

also just as the others stated...a couple of pics and the marriage certificate...

Edited by jade2004

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.