trailmix

So Canadians - tell us about yourselves

128 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
GRR correction *8 visits (9 at Christmas)

I lost count!! LOL even though it's in my signature..man, I'm blonde :unsure:

We should be able to edit our own posts whenever we want.

Hey that's a nice :)

I'm really enjoying this thread, I feel like I at least kind of know you all a bit better now - which is great! Lots of good stuff here.

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CDANCER HERE...NOW ITS MY TURN!

I have not been into the Canada Forum as much as I have been working on my AOS

but have return to see whats happening.

I recognized alot of the user names as some of us were going thru this process at the same

time.

Last September with much fustration and countless phone calls on how to find information

on the US Immigration process...I was GOOGLING....and the INTERNET FAIRY brought up

this wonderful FORUM site! THANK YOU GODESS!!! Saved me $2000+ on an Immigration

Lawyer!

Filling out forms and using my brain and asking questions got me where I am today!

oh yes and bucking $$$ up!

First of all my name is Denise and I am born and raised canuck from mid Vancouver Island

(sorry Brad) but to me its heaven on earth! and still think that way...LOL. You can't get me

to trade my ESQUIRES COFFEE for a Timmies or a Starbucks.

My user name: Cdancer ....let me explain, I am not a striper, I don't dance to CD's,

I don't watch dancers....

Sea Dancer was the name of my 26ft boat in my past relationship...and no I did not get the

boat...LOL ! I have no tats just 2 pierced holes in each ear...thats it! Pretty much a clean

canvas!

I have read with much interest how people have met! It seems unanimous most of us all

met on the Internet! How Kewl! Thank God for the Internet we would have never met

and fell in love!

Alot of you met on game sites which is interesting.

My DH and myself met on "E Harmony" we are a testiment that it works! Our friends say

we should do a commercial for E Harmony...LOL

We did the 2 week program with E Harmony and then we were free to exchange phone

numbers and talk. It took us 2 weeks of leaving messages and finally connected by

phone. 2 weeks later we met. I flew to Oregon and he picked me up at the airport!

The first sight of him is still ingrained in my memory. He was so nervous he couldn't

remember where he parked his truck at the airport parking garage. We still talk

about that! We saw each other every 2nd weekend. Thank god for the Goldline

long distance calling card!

We went to Las vegas 10 months later and got married on the sly! Shocked the hell

out of our friends and family!

We had to wait for our official marriage certificate to arrive to start my K3 Visa process.

We lived married life apart for the first 9 months. Which sucked! I stayed working

at my job and continued on until I got my official K3 Visa stamped in my Passport

Had to give my 25 yr job 2 months notice. Here I am now its been almost 7 months

living in Oregon. Happy to be living life with my husband, but missing my friends

and family on Vancouver Island and the fresh sea air. Its a different culture here

in the USA. Some great shopping! NO TAX in Oregon. Its tuff to find a real nice Pub

to sit and have a nice drink, instead in most cases its a scummy tavern! Great Restaurants!

Cheap flights to fly within the USA. Cheaper Gas! You can buy a bottle of wine or

a case of beer at Safeway and for $10 less than you pay in BC. American Cigarettes

stink and they still smoke in public places here...soon to be banned!

But the worse thing I experienced....I flew back to Victoria BC 3 weeks ago and

exchanged $100 USD into CAD and only got $92 BACK!!!! LOL!!!

Keep your Bank account in Canada! I am glad I did!

Thats my story in a NUT SHELL!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I was wondering what you've been up to girl! Glad to see ya back on here! :)

Sorry that they're being pains in the butt where you are (that surprises me a bit about Maine, actually, sorry to hear you have been havign a rough time), but keep at it, one of these days they'll figure out what they are missing ;)

Thanks Cassie, it's nice to be back! Don't get me wrong..nobody has been rude to me ...they just don't go that extra step....but I shall overcome all that when I get to work. I have the love of my life so I'm very blessed...........................{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there my fellow Islander. I live in Comox. I like how you compare the pubs by the water and stuff. Yes, I know I am gonig to miss this place and your right it is heaven on earth. I will be relocating to Hill AFB in Utah. Lots to do there that is the same recreational wise. So I'm hoping it won't be to much of a shock.

Tammie

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey back...I gotta say "Salmon Point Pub" @ saratoga beach is absolutely gorgeous!

Have fun in Utah!

Cheers!

Denise

Hey there my fellow Islander. I live in Comox. I like how you compare the pubs by the water and stuff. Yes, I know I am gonig to miss this place and your right it is heaven on earth. I will be relocating to Hill AFB in Utah. Lots to do there that is the same recreational wise. So I'm hoping it won't be to much of a shock.

Tammie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

cdancer: What city (or surrounding area)?

Not sure if I mentioned it in the post, but I am from Parksville.

Edited by bradcanuck

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.