doodlebug

Tuesday what's for iftar?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mornin. I have to find another route into work 'cause I'm late again today :(

People haven't been posting their iftar dinners so I figured I'd jumpstart it again. Tonight I'm making that ragg soup that I love and throwing in a couple of frozen Mystic pizzas. lol. Is it just me or do iftars get less and less extravagant as the month goes on? :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Is it just me or do iftars get less and less extravagant as the month goes on? :whistle:

LOL, :yes:

I've been eating bread and coffee for iftar and that's it :lol:. Wadi's been bringing home a meal from local Moroccan restaurants after he finishes work around 11ish.

Definitely not as fun as the first few days, but I have to say it's a whole lot easier....

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Harira, harira and harira. And dates and water. And sometimes a cheeseburger. :blush:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Spaghetti for us tonite :whistle: Plus my mom just sent a big package from Germany so we have chocolate!!!!!!

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Is it just me or do iftars get less and less extravagant as the month goes on? :whistle:

:yes: Today we are having leftovers!

for me Suhoor becomes less an less as the month goes by. Today? two bites of a banana and a glass of water... :whistle:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning and actually missed going to the gym :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was thinking this morning that it must be hard during Ramadan for those who are normally big coffee drinkers at work and in the morning.

Happy Tuesday!

I think I am going to make a roasted chicken over croutons with some sauteed veggies for dinner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I'm thinking about having a vegi sub from subway :blush: I'm to tired to cook anything tonight and to depressed :( If I could have just one touch on my petitions I think I would be able to get my second wind and be able to focus again on the finish line of being reunited with my husband. :luv:

Tonight I'm making "slow-sauteed" chicken breasts over watercress, black eyed pea salad, spoon bread (like a corn meal souffle), and a raspberry cobbler. My husband's in Algeria (and already ready to come home!) so I'm having some friends of ours over. I guess it's not technically an iftar meal, since none of us are fasting, but it's a meal!

Today I'm in a cooking mood, but our iftar meals (before my husband went home) were pretty sad.. pizza, leftovers, chinese takeout, california pizza kitchen (or as my husband calls it... california pizza chicken :lol: )... meh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Tonight I'm making "slow-sauteed" chicken breasts over watercress, black eyed pea salad, spoon bread (like a corn meal souffle), and a raspberry cobbler. My husband's in Algeria (and already ready to come home!) so I'm having some friends of ours over. I guess it's not technically an iftar meal, since none of us are fasting, but it's a meal!

Today I'm in a cooking mood, but our iftar meals (before my husband went home) were pretty sad.. pizza, leftovers, chinese takeout, california pizza kitchen (or as my husband calls it... california pizza chicken :lol:)... meh.

That's funny. Hicham says "Pizza California Kitchen". I don't know why but I don't question it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I think today I'll make a big chicken cobb salad - I need some protein as it seems I've really cut out a lot of meat from my diet. I am going to make the parm crusted tenderloin for Youssef tonight as he's been raving about it since Sunday and begging for leftovers! I'm also adding the recipe I used for the coffee/choclate bundts here.

Mini Chocolate Chunk Cake

1/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature

1 cup sugar

2 extra-large eggs at room temperature

1/8 cup grated orange zest (2 large oranges)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

3 ounces buttermilk at room temperature

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup good semisweet chocolate chunks

For the ganache:

4 ounces good semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 6 individual serving baking molds, such as the flexible non stick 100 percent silicone molds.

Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, then the orange zest.

Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately in thirds to the creamed butter, beginning and ending with the flour. Toss the chocolate chunks with 1 tablespoon flour and add to the batter. Pour into the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in the molds on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

For the ganache, melt the chocolate, heavy cream, and coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over the top of the cakes.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Today I'm in a cooking mood, but our iftar meals (before my husband went home) were pretty sad.. pizza, leftovers, chinese takeout, california pizza kitchen (or as my husband calls it... california pizza chicken :lol:)... meh.

That's funny. Hicham says "Pizza California Kitchen". I don't know why but I don't question it!

hahah!! what's horrible is that I have started to saying california pizza chicken too... :unsure:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's harira for us too. We made the first one together. It will be my 3rd batch...I've become a professional!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good thing about Ramadan breath is that my boss doesn't hang out in my cubbie as much! :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.