5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I sent my wife's AOS papers Aug 13th and to this day have not received an NOA yet. I noticed that at the most people here get theirs in about 30 days others much less. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to check on its status? We tried calling and they told us they are experiencing a lot of incoming apps that's why ours wasn't processed yet. The tracking of the package showed it was delivered 15th at Nebraska Office. I used Cashier's check so can't really check if that was cashed. Is there anything I can do to find out what's going on? Thanks all.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Doesn't the AOS papers goto the Chicago lockbox?

Married 08-17-2006

K3 Visa Started 08-26-2006

K3 Visa Received 03-29-2007

AOS Started 07-25-2007

2yr - GC Received 05-12-2008

ROC Started 02-02-2009

10yr - GC Received 06-10-2010

Naturalization

N-400 Sent 01-29-2011

NOA Received 02-14-2011

Biometrics 02-23-2011

Interview Letter __-__-2011

Interview __-__-2011

Oath __-__-2011

When it's all done, it will have taken approximately 4 years and 9 months

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Doesn't the AOS papers goto the Chicago lockbox?

:yes::thumbs:

Yes I realized my mistake now. I called USCIS and they said to wait for 90 days (!!!!) before I can call back and have them track it. According to the agent I spoke to, it would've been returned to me or forwarded to Chicago office. The way gov offices work i'm just worried that it's lost in limbo now. How can I call the Nebraska office? Anyone know? I don't want to wait 90 days if I can avoid it. I asked if I could re-send an entire new package to Chicago office instead, but was still advised to wait 90 days.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Your AOS package will more than likely have been forwarded to the Chicago lockbox, due to the backlog of applications they are dealing with, it will take a little longer to issue your NOA and cash your check, i would suggest giving them a little more time.

Separated!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.