ssayers05

k1 visa help

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am looking for any help or advice on what is needed to make sure that my fiance's k1 visa goes smoothly. We have met and spent time together and have evidence of our relationship, but she is worried that she will not get through the interview ok. So any help that can be given would be very appreciated. We have been through alot this past year and want to make sure that everything goes well. Thank you

Hi and wellcome!

What exactly are your questions and why is she worried about the interview? I am sure if you could explain your situation, many VJ members will be able to help.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

I am looking for any help or advice on what is needed to make sure that my fiance's k1 visa goes smoothly. We have met and spent time together and have evidence of our relationship, but she is worried that she will not get through the interview ok. So any help that can be given would be very appreciated. We have been through alot this past year and want to make sure that everything goes well. Thank you

I am in the same situation as yours. I have no advice to give at this time, but I wish you both the best wishes and GOOD LUCK!

What I heard so far so HCM Consulate is the hardest place to get a K1-visa (?). Please keep updating your info on this forum. It may help other people like us. I will.

------------------------------

My timeline:

1st time we met: 05-19-2005

2nd time we met: 12-14-2006

I-129F sent: 05-01-2007

NOA1: 05-09-2007

NOA2: 09-29-2007

(145 days from NOA1 to NOA2)

NVC: 11/05/2007

(38 days from NOA2 to NVC)

NVC to Consulate: 12-10-2007

(35 days at NVC)

Consulate received NOA2: 12-12-2007

Consulate sent Package 3: 01-02-2008

Pick up Package 3: 01-28-2008

Consulate received Package 3: 01-28-2008

------------------------------

Timeline
Hi and wellcome!

What exactly are your questions and why is she worried about the interview? I am sure if you could explain your situation, many VJ members will be able to help.

My fiance is concerned that we have not spent enough time together in person and she is worried because she has heard of alot of people being denied there visas. and i am concerned on whether i should get a lawyer to help with processing the visa paperwork or to go to a site that can prepare the paperwork for me? This is the first time that either of us have had to fill out paperwork for a fiance visa and we just want to make sure that we are doing everything correctly.

I dont think that many people on here have done this whole visa thing befor either but a lawayer can not provide evidence for you. You just have to had met your fiance within the last 2 yrs before filing, every other evidence can be phone records, emails, pictures and letters. My baby and i didnt meet in person for 17 months before filing. All you have to do now before the interview is to keep in contact as much as possible. IM, emails, cards, letters and phone calls.

PS: The instruction on the I-129f form tells you exactly what to do and here are exemple forms, they help alot. www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

Good luck and God's blessings!

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My best advice is to think of all the reasons you wont get it, and then make sure you eliminate the reasons one by one.

If you do not have enough evidence, make some.

I have snail mail letters, cards, picutres, reciepts galore (everything from engagement party receipts to debit card receipts for the letters i send at the post office), i have tons of proof that i visited her in vietnam (boarding passes, reciepts from stuff i bought there, hundreds of pictures, etc), I had my mother send a couple letters to her with pictures and details about the extended family. I have hundreds of logs from IMs, emails, phone records for text messages, etc. Everything that has to do with our relationship has been kept from Day 1 and will be available at the time of the interview when the CO asks for it. Is it overkill? Who cares, its worth it if my baby will be here soon. Then it will all go into a huge scrap book so if anyone asks about how we met they can just look at the book instead of telling the story 1000s of times hehehe.

Do you have the income?

I do and i provided 3 years income tax returns, 3 years income tax accounts, 3 current paychecks (paid every 2 weeks), a letter from my employer, a letter from my bank, and statements from my stock accounts.

Is your paperwork all done correctly and accuratly?

If it is there shouldn't be any issues with it.

I also will be taking a 2nd trip sometime this month to see her so they know I'm all for it. We are going to sort through all the paperwork and prepare everything for her interview.

My biggest hurtle to overcome is her lack of confidence in her English skills. I feel she will do just fine but she thinks she is horrible at English. This is my last reason i think we wont get the visa. What did i do? Sent her to class to learn english for 3 months prior to the interview, talk with her on the phone a lot in english only, and coach her on all the details she needs for the interview.

I am 100% confident that we will have the pink because everything is in order and ready to go. Of course your case will more than likely be differant but as long as you eliminate all the reasons for being delayed, why wouldn't you pass??

Just so you know my finance and I started talking online after her uncle introduced us via pictures in early Nov. In March i flew there and we had our engagement party. in April i filed the 129F, and now it is oct and we are waiting on packet 4. Our relationship developed quickly but all my ducks are in a row and i will get the pink the first time around.

I'll keep an eye on your posts and help you out as needed as i just went through everything you are just begining. :).

BTW Tram has been nothing but negative about this whole ordeal because she knows so many people that have been denied and i'm not there to comfort her. My biggest thing is trying to keep her positive and upbeat about the whole process. It wasn't until packet 3 arrived (6 months after i last saw her) that she finally broke out of a depression like state and got her head in the game. Its a very stressful and drawn out process, but keep hope alive and stay positive!

Holy ####### that was a long post :o

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

3-17-09 - Transferred to Cali.

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-04-09 - Had to renew the EAD :(

3-04-09 - Got annoyed at being outside of the processing window

3-04-09 - Called and they confirmed. Will contact me within 45 days.

3-05-09 - Date on the EAD NOA1

3-12-09 - Received a confirmation email that I am outside of the window and will get a decision in 60 days.

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

5-09-09 - Randomly received the renewed EAD Card... w/ wrong A# :(.

Timeline
My best advice is to think of all the reasons you wont get it, and then make sure you eliminate the reasons one by one.

I have snail mail letters, cards, picutres, reciepts galore (everything from engagement party receipts to debit card receipts for the letters i send at the post office), i have tons of proof that i visited her in vietnam (boarding passes, reciepts from stuff i bought there, hundreds of pictures, etc), I had my mother send a couple letters to her with pictures and details about the extended family. I have hundreds of logs from IMs, emails, phone records for text messages, etc. Everything that has to do with our relationship has been kept from Day 1 and will be available at the time of the interview when the CO asks for it. Is it overkill? Who cares, its worth it if my baby will be here soon. Then it will all go into a huge scrap book so if anyone asks about how we met they can just look at the book instead of telling the story 1000s of times hehehe.

Do you have the income?

I do and i provided 3 years income tax returns, 3 years income tax accounts, 3 current paychecks (paid every 2 weeks), a letter from my employer, a letter from my bank, and statements from my stock accounts.

I also will be taking a 2nd trip sometime this month to see her so they know I'm all for it. We are going to sort through all the paperwork and prepare everything for her interview.

My biggest hurtle to overcome is her lack of confidence in her English skills. I feel she will do just fine but she thinks she is horrible at English. This is my last reason i think we wont get the visa. What did i do? Sent her to class to learn english for 3 months prior to the interview, talk with her on the phone a lot in english only, and coach her on all the details she needs for the interview.

I am 100% confident that we will have the pink because everything is in order and ready to go. Of course your case will more than likely be differant but as long as you eliminate all the reasons for being delayed, why wouldn't you pass??

Just so you know my finance and I started talking online after her uncle introduced us via pictures in early Nov. In March i flew there and we had our engagement party. in April i filed the 129F, and now it is oct and we are waiting on packet 4. Our relationship developed quickly but all my ducks are in a row and i will get the pink the first time around.

I'll keep an eye on your posts and help you out as needed as i just went through everything you are just begining. :).

BTW Tram has been nothing but negative about this whole ordeal because she knows so many people that have been denied and i'm not there to comfort her. My biggest thing is trying to keep her positive and upbeat about the whole process. It wasn't until packet 3 arrived (6 months after i last saw her) that she finally broke out of a depression like state and got her head in the game. Its a very stressful and drawn out process, but keep hope alive and stay positive!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. i am doing everything that i can to keep my fiance from being depressed. Suong also feels her english is not that well, but she speaks better english then alot of the people i have to deal with with me job. luckily for me this site is giving me alot of good information and everyone that is here is giving me good advice. i hope that everything works out for you and Tram. and thank you again for the advice. Tell Tram to relax i hear the one thing they look for in the interview is someone who is nerveous.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thank you for your words of encouragement. i am doing everything that i can to keep my fiance from being depressed. Suong also feels her english is not that well, but she speaks better english then alot of the people i have to deal with with me job. luckily for me this site is giving me alot of good information and everyone that is here is giving me good advice. i hope that everything works out for you and Tram. and thank you again for the advice. Tell Tram to relax i hear the one thing they look for in the interview is someone who is nerveous.

If you speak Vietnamese she doesn't have to speak English that well. If you are just starting to file, you have a lot of time. The evidence needed to get your case approved is not that intense and almost everyone gets approved- most on their first try. The hard part is getting your fiance through the actual visa interview at HCMC and providing the evidence they want. Save everything you get. Letters to eachother, phone records, yadayadayada. You have time, so make sure you visit her at least once more during this process.

Finances are the other big thing that kill people. If you make over $30K a year and have no children, you have nothing to worry about. Less than $13K and you're getting dangerous. Everything in between is grey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Role-play!!!

What if you were the C.O., what would you be asking NeverSeen to find out if he really loves TRAM? And come up with more questions to be sure that NeverSeen is in fact not doing this whole Visa thing for $50K fee for someone's niece to bring her here!

C.O. thinks: Why should I give your honey, Suong, the Visa? Answer: fill in the blanks with evidence and supportive proof!

Have backups of the backups evidence, for they may ask you to support your support evidence with more evidence. (Sound stupid but that's how they play it in HCMC)

Vietnam said it well! You're still early in the game, get yourself ready!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do you have the income?

I am incredibly impressed by this post. I wish you the best of luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.