daveg

Wife raped

130 posts in this topic

When did you find out about the rape? After it happened?

Hmm I am not sure that you can find out before these things happen becca.....lol I know you are very busy moving!! haha

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

WOW! The rapist pays the medical bills?

Sorry but things don't add up.

The CO may have concerns about you/her having a bonafide loving marriage.

Guess all that matters is we know she was raped and she is thinking of the baby being taken care of now.

We have plenty of proof of a good relationship, and plenty of love in our hearts to hopefully get through this.

Be Honest..... but don t get your hopes up!

Put yourself in the position of the CO with these questions...

You were raped and you don t want to report it?

How will you handle this situation in the United States if you were raped again?

If you husband was to abuse you, would you report it to the authorities?

Have you heard of a battered wife/husband?

How would you deal with it if it was to happen again? (Hopefully never as it is a bad situation)

Married Wendy (Dominican) in Aruba

Filed at CSC

Embassy Caracas

Form 1-130

----------------

4/30/2007 I-130 Sent

5/23/2007 I-130 (NOA1) Received

12/13/2007 Approved - Total 231 Days

Form 1-129F

----------------

5/26/2007 I-129F Sent

6/28/2007 I-129F (NOA1)

7/12/2007 Case transferred to California Service Center

7/17/2007 Case received and pending at CSC

12/13/2007 Approved - Total 199 Days

After Approval (Estimated 3 Months to Interview)

----------------

NVC Received : Jan 10, 2008

NVC Left : Jan 14, 2008

Consulate Received : Jan 16, 2008

Packet 3 Received : Sent Embassy an email on Jan 18 telling that I had all the forms listed on their website complete

Packet 3 Sent : Received on email from Embassy on Jan 24 with interview date

Packet 4 Received : No Packet 4

Interview Date : Feb 28, 2008

Visa Received : Feb 29, 2008

US Entry : Feb 29, 2008

Form 1-485 and EAD

----------------

4/14/2008 I-485 Sent

4/21/2008 I-485 (NOA1)

5/15/2008 Biometric Appt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi this is a very hard question for me to ask and a very terrible thing that happened in our relationship.

My question is will this affect her in the interview when she will try to get her visa to come here and finally be with me? As many know abortion in the philppines is illegal. She will have the baby a few months before the medical exam and interview but plans on telling them the truth if asked if she has a kid. Our worry is if they ask if it is ours, she will have to say no its from an other guy. And we are not sure if they will belive she was raped if she needs to tell them why it isnt from me? We just pray this wont affect us finally being together becuse we are in so much love and can't wait to be together like the so many other couples going through the same process.

If anyone can help I would apprecaiate it so much.

When the rape thing happen? before you had communication or relationship?

or it happened during the period that you are officially "in a relationship"

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi this is a very hard question for me to ask and a very terrible thing that happened in our relationship.

My Wife was raped and I really dont want to go into details of it of course ,and now she is pregnant from the guy. She did not report the rape because of threats made from the guy, and she was very scared.

I know she was really raped becuse after she went into details of it she broke down crying and I could tell she was telling me the truth. She is also a very shy sweet Pinay from the philippines and would not be in her character to cheat on me. We have been talking on cam and chat for 10 months now on average 6 to 7 hours a day almost so we also know each other very well. We also talk on the phone alot and messenger computer to computer call.

My question is will this affect her in the interview when she will try to get her visa to come here and finally be with me? As many know abortion in the philppines is illegal. She will have the baby a few months before the medical exam and interview but plans on telling them the truth if asked if she has a kid. Our worry is if they ask if it is ours, she will have to say no its from an other guy. And we are not sure if they will belive she was raped if she needs to tell them why it isnt from me? We just pray this wont affect us finally being together becuse we are in so much love and can't wait to be together like the so many other couples going through the same process.

This is a rough situation. I'm sad either of you has to deal with it.

As for the practical issues, since your wife intends to disclose that a rapist, not her husband is the father of the child, you have some decisions to make and unless she puts the child up for adoption, some immigration issues to deal with. Since the child is not a child of a USC, it would be your step-child. Your timeline indicates CR1/IR1 so this means there is no I-130 filed for the child and, of course, can't be until it is born. This means the child will not be issued a CR2 visa until after an I-130 is approved, then gets through NVC and to Manila. This most likely means your wife won't be coming to the USA as quickly as you planned, unless she leaves the child behind.

Have you thought these things through yet?

Yes we have thought of this, but she knows the father and he is in Korea now and has been paying her medical bills and plans on taking care of the baby. All she wants is to make sure the baby is taken care of, it was rape, she was forced by a so called friend, she cries about it everyday still. She is such a sweet nice shy girl and it is so hard on her that this happened to her. We are just scared that in the interview they ask if the child is ours and when or if she has to say no will they belive her that she was forced to have sex?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why it matters if her story is believed. Where is the child going to live? If with you and your wife, you have an immigration problem. If the child will stay with the father, then again, why do you think there is any issue with the medical or interview?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Will the Manila consulate not automatically order a paternity test on the child?

Maybe but for what purpose? The OP hasn't indicated whether there is any intent for the child to immigrate at all but certainly has indicated they don't intend to pass it off as his natural child.

Just what immigration issue is it we're discussing?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline
Will the Manila consulate not automatically order a paternity test on the child?

Maybe but for what purpose? The OP hasn't indicated whether there is any intent for the child to immigrate at all but certainly has indicated they don't intend to pass it off as his natural child.

Just what immigration issue is it we're discussing?

Well...the bonafides of the relationship. If there is any doubt in the CO's mind about paternity of a child, eyebrows could be raised.

When the rape thing happen? before you had communication or relationship?

or it happened during the period that you are officially "in a relationship"

Hi, it happened after I went there and we married. I seen that you got your interview did it go well? Do they ask if any children? She is in Butuan now with her family thank god, she is gradually getting over it, it is a horrible thing to have a baby from someone that is not your love, and someone she thought was a freind, and is very hard on her, but I always tell her don't worry I wont leave you becuse something bad happened to you my love is forver just like yours. One thing I love about pinay women they are so sweet and nice and down to earth and most are very good wifes and there love is forever im always told.

Hopefully she will be approved. Unless you are planning on moving there your lady will be "hung out to dry".

No divorce in PI and annulments are expensive. For a pinay that is.

To me your main goal is to have overwhelming evidence of a bonafide loving marriage. ####### happens!

Don't know how many trips you've made but if only one. Get on the plane. Most common question asked is!

How many times you met and for how long !

Plus plan on going to the interview to show your support.

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hopefully she will be approved. Unless you are planning on moving there your lady will be "hung out to dry".

No divorce in PI and annulments are expensive. For a pinay that is.

To me your main goal is to have overwhelming evidence of a bonafide loving marriage. ####### happens!

Don't know how many trips you've made but if only one. Get on the plane. Most common question asked is!

How many times you met and for how long !

Plus plan on going to the interview to show your support.

if I had to move there I would becuse we love each other so much.

As for proof of bonafide marriage I have chat logs saved about 6 hours a day for 10 months now.

plus hundred photos being there with her and her family, wedding etc...

Also many phone calls hope thats enough.

I am being honest I truly know her and she is a sweet shy nice girl not her character to want to cheat on me.

And after she told me in details of how it happened and her breaking up crying I know she was really forced.

I was told they might just need a letter telling them im aware of what happend and if I still want to be married to her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hi daveg, i will it's illegal there, but her case was that she was raped, so it should be fine for her to have an

abortion? how come she didn't report it to the police authority after she was raped? and let the fetus grows

until now? please very careful, many filipinas do everything they could to be able to get out of that country.

and this raped case of your wife, doesn't make any sense at all that she was raped. because you mentioned the

guy who raped her is paying her medical bills. why not tell her to asked him to marry her?

My Wife was raped and I really dont want to go into details of it of course ,and now she is pregnant from the guy. She did not report the rape because of threats made from the guy, and she was very scared.

I know she was really raped becuse after she went into details of it she broke down crying and I could tell she was telling me the truth. She is also a very shy sweet Pinay from the philippines and would not be in her character to cheat on me. We have been talking on cam and chat for 10 months now on average 6 to 7 hours a day almost so we also know each other very well. We also talk on the phone alot and messenger computer to computer call.

As for the practical issues, since your wife intends to disclose that a rapist, not her husband is the father of the child, you have some decisions to make and unless she puts the child up for adoption, some immigration issues to deal with. Since the child is not a child of a USC, it would be your step-child. Your timeline indicates CR1/IR1 so this means there is no I-130 filed for the child and, of course, can't be until it is born. This means the child will not be issued a CR2 visa until after an I-130 is approved, then gets through NVC and to Manila. This most likely means your wife won't be coming to the USA as quickly as you planned, unless she leaves the child behind.

Yes we have thought of this, but she knows the father and he is in Korea now and has been paying her medical bills and plans on taking care of the baby. All she wants is to make sure the baby is taken care of, it was rape, she was forced by a so called friend, she cries about it everyday still. She is such a sweet nice shy girl and it is so hard on her that this happened to her. We are just scared that in the interview they ask if the child is ours and when or if she has to say no will they belive her that she was forced to have sex?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why it matters if her story is believed. Where is the child going to live? If with you and your wife, you have an immigration problem. If the child will stay with the father, then again, why do you think there is any issue with the medical or interview?

As for proof of bonafide marriage I have chat logs saved about 6 hours a day for 10 months now.

You should have a LOT more than that as she is your wife.

How about a will, joint bank account, money you sent her receipts, life insurance etc.

Best thing you have are the pictures.

However scammers have them also. You have to do one better than the phonys and they are good.

Lots of rich Filipinos pay guys to bring relatives to the US. You have to beat that trip also.

FLY! Get more pics of an ongoing loving marriage.

It is difficult for me to understand why you didn't fly over to show your loving support when she told you she was raped. I'd have been on the next plane!

Chatting and cam wouldn't hack it for me if my love went thru what yours is going thru. That's just me tho.

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Reason I think is becuse she will probably be asked if she has children at medical and visa interview, also probably by the medical exam she will still show signs of having been pregnant.

Then if they ask was it by your husband and she will say no then will that cause a problem becuse of course they will think she was with another guy on pupose and we are already married of course.

You should have a LOT more than that as she is your wife.

How about a will, joint bank account, money you sent her receipts, life insurance etc.

Best thing you have are the pictures.

However scammers have them also. You have to do one better than the phonys and they are good.

Lots of rich Filipinos pay guys to bring relatives to the US. You have to beat that trip also.

FLY! Get more pics of an ongoing loving marriage.

It is difficult for me to understand why you didn't fly over to show your loving support when she told you she was raped. I'd have been on the next plane!

Chatting and cam wouldn't hack it for me if my love went thru what yours is going thru. That's just me tho.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.