dwiginja

KI Visa Interview and NOA approval date

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to VJ. I have a question regaring the Embassy interview process and the approval notice date on the I-797 form.

I filed the K-1 Fiance visa for my fiance and received I-797 Notice of Action on June 12, 2007. I received the a letter from the NVC letting me know that the petition was forwarded to the visa issuing-post in Kingston JA on June 18, 2007 and was advice that my fiance would be receiving a packet with instruction from the consular section. Everything was going very good until the petition was received at (Embassy) in Kingston JA.

I called NVC and they inform me that the petiton was sent to the Embassy on July 17, 2007 and the pkg3 was sent to my fiance and Aug 3, 2007. I made this called Aug 10, 2007. We waited the entire month of Aug no pkg3. I sent the Embassy and email informing them of the issue and they mailed my fiance another pkg3 which he rec'd on Sept 11. 2007. Now the approval notice is valid from 6/12/2007 to 10/12/2007 which is just around the corner. We are in the process of completing the documents, however i am starting to worrying about the expiration date of the approval notice.. If my fiance does have his interview prior to the approval notice expiring will we have to re- file the petiton (I-129F) again.... Any advice I would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The consulate can at there option, extend the validity period for another 4 mos. Don't be afraid to ask for this just to be sure

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am in the same boat I called NVC and was told as long as there is no inactivity on your part your fine. The date you have to worry about is the Visa Expiration date when it is granted. I am waiting for the embassy to set up an appointment for Delvan. What did you get in your package 3 Delvan only got a letter saying they were working on his case.

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to VJ. I have a question regaring the Embassy interview process and the approval notice date on the I-797 form.

I filed the K-1 Fiance visa for my fiance and received I-797 Notice of Action on June 12, 2007. I received the a letter from the NVC letting me know that the petition was forwarded to the visa issuing-post in Kingston JA on June 18, 2007 and was advice that my fiance would be receiving a packet with instruction from the consular section. Everything was going very good until the petition was received at (Embassy) in Kingston JA.

I called NVC and they inform me that the petiton was sent to the Embassy on July 17, 2007 and the pkg3 was sent to my fiance and Aug 3, 2007. I made this called Aug 10, 2007. We waited the entire month of Aug no pkg3. I sent the Embassy and email informing them of the issue and they mailed my fiance another pkg3 which he rec'd on Sept 11. 2007. Now the approval notice is valid from 6/12/2007 to 10/12/2007 which is just around the corner. We are in the process of completing the documents, however i am starting to worrying about the expiration date of the approval notice.. If my fiance does have his interview prior to the approval notice expiring will we have to re- file the petiton (I-129F) again.... Any advice I would be greatly appreciated.

02/11/07 Met Corey for first time love at first site

02/14/07 Corey and I had our first date

02/16/07 Left JA heart broken because I was leaving Corey

02/17/07 Corey called to make sure I was ok told me he missed me

02/17-22/07 Corey called everyday talked on phone for hours

02/23/07 Corey said “I think I love you”

03/11/07 Went back to JA

03/14/07 Corey asked me to marry him “I said yes”

03/18/07 Returned to US

03/27/07 Sent I129f

04/04/07 NOA1

06/25/07 NOA2 (Approved)

07/13/07 NVC received packet

07/19/07 NVC sent packet to JA

08/14/07 JA received packet

09/14/07 Packet 3 sent

09/21/07 Corey went to embassy to drop off DS230

10/05/07 Corey got interview date 11/06/07

10/18/07 Corey has Medical

11/05/07 Flying to JA to be with Corey

11/06/07 Corey has interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HI Nicky, Thanks for responding. The docments my fiance rec'd in his pkg 3 were:

DS230, DS156, DS156K, Embassy requested a copy of police certificate, where to go for the medical examination, evidence of financial support form I-134 needs to be notoaized, evidence of fiance relationship, $100.00 visa appilcation fees and six passport photos. Hope this help.

I am in the same boat I called NVC and was told as long as there is no inactivity on your part your fine. The date you have to worry about is the Visa Expiration date when it is granted. I am waiting for the embassy to set up an appointment for Delvan. What did you get in your package 3 Delvan only got a letter saying they were working on his case.

Hello Everyone,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Wow that was fast 1 month for petition approval and 2 months to pkg 3 you are very lucky, good luck

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

The consulate can at there option, extend the validity period for another 4 mos. Don't be afraid to ask for this just to be sure

:thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.