okspider

NAO2 expiration question

7 posts in this topic

We got approved on August 27th 2007 for our I-129f and we still haven't recieved our NAO2 hardcopy. So I called and the lady at the service center said that they can't reissue one and blah blah. Ok fine. She also said that the case still wasn't sent to NVC but should beon its way in a couple of weeks. She then proceeded to tell me that if our consulate didn't get it in copenhagen by december 27th it would be expired and they would have to extend the petition expiration.

If it does get to copenhagen by the 27th of December like I am assuming it will, does it expire on the 27th?? Or once it gets to the consulate does that expiration go out the window?

Don't we need our NAO2 hardcopy for the interview???? Should I fill out the form for them to send another? I am really confused about this whole expiration and NAO2 thing.

Edited by okspider

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

The consulate will automatically extend the approval date for you if they haven't managed to schedule an interview by the last day. :thumbs:

Some consulates occasionally ask for the NOA2, others don't. That might come up in your Packet 3 but for the most part you shouldn't need it. You will however need it for your adjustment of status application once you're married.

Edited by Nini & Bee

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most consulates extend the approval date if they cannot compleat the process within the 4 months. In our case Guangzhou China extends all I-129F NOA2 because it takes them more than 4 months for all K-Visas.

If you feel nervous you can use the form letter in the example forms and request it be extended if it is close to the expiration without an interview being scheduled.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thanks so much guys!

Visa Journey

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

Removing Restrictions:

09/10/2010 | RFE

Got Green Card. Done!

Don't we need our NAO2 hardcopy for the interview???? Should I fill out the form for them to send another? I am really confused about this whole expiration and NAO2 thing.

Try emailing here and telling them you didn't receive your NOA2:- CSC.NoNotice@DHS.Gov

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

The consulate will automatically extend the approval date for you if they haven't managed to schedule an interview by the last day. :thumbs:

Some consulates occasionally ask for the NOA2, others don't. That might come up in your Packet 3 but for the most part you shouldn't need it. You will however need it for your adjustment of status application once you're married.

:thumbs: You really need to follow up on the approval NOA, you will need it for AOS

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Try emailing here and telling them you didn't receive your NOA2:- CSC.NoNotice@DHS.Gov

Yeah I am going to do that. I called and they basically told me that if it's floating around out there, it's my problem. So I am going to e-mail them and see what they say.

Visa Journey

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

Removing Restrictions:

09/10/2010 | RFE

Got Green Card. Done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.