AInfante-Saraireh

I was told that if our marriage ends before AOS approval

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Now please don't jump to conclusions here. I just want to verify some information I heard from legal source regarding a marriage ending before Green card issued. If AOS is pending FBI name check or other investigation, if the marriage ends, what happens to the green card once finished investigating. Still the I130 is not approved.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

I'm no expert here Andrea, but I think it might be a little more complicated due to the circumstances. The AOS interview went fine and cuz of the I130 in name check it seems that once the I130 gets approved that the husband would automatically get his greencard since the AOS part of it went fine. If there was no AOS interview yet and the marriage terminated before the interview, i think that would cause a "no green card". This is only my opinion, I'm trying to think what would make sense.

Since we had our AOS interview and the immigration officer said that he could have approved us right on the spot but due to the pending I130 he couldnt. If that I130 would have been approved, we could have been done with this. So Im assuming whenever that I130 clears that my husband will receive his welcome letter along with his green card. I think we are done with the AOS process but still in the I130 process. Again, this is only my opinion. I am still learning in this process.

Hopefully, somebody here can share some knowledge who had their AOS interview but were still in the I130 process. What do we expect after the I130 approval??? Are we done or still more to come?

Now please don't jump to conclusions here. I just want to verify some information I heard from legal source regarding a marriage ending before Green card issued. If AOS is pending FBI name check or other investigation, if the marriage ends, what happens to the green card once finished investigating. Still the I130 is not approved.
Edited by 77Maureen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks Maureen.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

I am not 100%, but for discussion sake, since it is not fully adjudicated, it may be possible to withdraw the I-864 or since you are the petitioner for the I-130, might be able to withdraw that as well.

I am not well versed in this, so please correct me if I am wrong, however I wanted to question this aspect.

Edited by LaL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I am not 100%, but for discussion sake, since it is not fully adjudicated, it may be possible to withdraw the I-864 or since you are the petitioner for the I-130, might be able to withdraw that as well.

I am not well versed in this, so please correct me if I am wrong, however I wanted to question this aspect.

Correct, if the I-864 is withdrawn prior to adjudication, the AOS application is no longer valid and will be denied.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Correct, if the I-864 is withdrawn prior to adjudication, the AOS application is no longer valid and will be denied.

The petitioner can definitely withdraw the I-130 petition and there will be no green card. Withdrawing the I-864 is definitely allowed before the interview and I don't know why it wouldn't also be possible to do so if card production hasn't been ordered because the I-130 is still pending.

I have no idea whether the OP wants their spouse to have the green card or not. If you want your spouse to have the green card, don't withdraw anything.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.