ajames79

Hello all you people in the UK forum...

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
iving in the US, I probably wont see rugby ever again....just those big fat guys with helmets and foam strapped to them and little white tea towels hanging down the front of their licra pants...no blood to speak of at all - puffs

Dunno about the no blood thing. A boy on my son's school's football team had his shoulder dislocated and the skin ripped open. That was pretty bloody...

:o

Gordon Brown lost an eye at rugby - just losing an arm or something is pansy stuff

Well, there have been a few American football players who have ended up as quadraplegics from injuries sustained while playing the game. Is that manly enough for you?

quadraplegics eh ? well thats only both arms and both legs - they can still see and hear so it isnt that rough....

If I had turned up for rugby wearing a helmet and foam padding and a little towel hanging down the front of my shiny tight bottoms they would have laughed me off the pitch... I would have been sent to play rounders with the girlies.

losing 4 pints of blood and all your teeth and an eye or two only got you a cold sponge and a glass of orange juice

moresheep400100.jpg

well good to see some people have had a good summer!!

Not a sports fan period so the whole rugby/football issue isn't bothersome to me.

When Chris and I were in Colorado a few weeks ago the stars were effin' amazing. He was shocked.

If we are mentioning what sucked about the summer...I'd say Chris not being able to make money.

We saved and we were prepared however I still think it has put a damper on things!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
iving in the US, I probably wont see rugby ever again....just those big fat guys with helmets and foam strapped to them and little white tea towels hanging down the front of their licra pants...no blood to speak of at all - puffs

Dunno about the no blood thing. A boy on my son's school's football team had his shoulder dislocated and the skin ripped open. That was pretty bloody...

:o

Gordon Brown lost an eye at rugby - just losing an arm or something is pansy stuff

Rugby is a real mans sport, no a rugby team within 75 miles of me in the states (need to start one I think!)

Edited by willchels

23 Aug 2005 - Married in California

12 Oct 2005 - Chels moved to UK with hubby

27 Feb 2007 - I-130 Sent

08 Mar 2007 - I-130 approved

28 May 2007 - DS-3032/I-864 Bill received

05 June 2007 - paid I-864 bill

10 July 2007 - Receive I-864 package

18 July 2007 - Retiurn completed I-864

22 July 2007 - D 230 Package received

04 Aug 2007 - D230 returned to NVC

11 Aug 2007 - Letter from NVC advises I-864 need correction

13 Aug 2007 - I-864 corrected and returned

31 Aug 2007 - Case Completed at NVC!!!!

05 Sept 2007 - Case forwarded to London Embassy

03 Oct 2007 - Medical appointment

10 Oct 2007 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Oct 2007 - Visa and MBE Received special courrier

18 Oct 2007 - Flying to California

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
'Nothing' nice happened to me this summer - it was the pits..

the worst summer of my life from every angle...

Is 'nothing' - 'something' ?

sorry to inject a hint of the real world - I am a bit of a 'social realist' you know...

alan

Its a Rugby world cup year, surely thats good?

Living in the US, I probably wont see rugby ever again....just those big fat guys with helmets and foam strapped to them and little white tea towels hanging down the front of their licra pants...no blood to speak of at all - puffs

I like NFL though (Like Rugger league with lots of pads!)

If you subscribe to Setanta USA you can get live Magners League Rugby Union and the NRL (Aussie)

23 Aug 2005 - Married in California

12 Oct 2005 - Chels moved to UK with hubby

27 Feb 2007 - I-130 Sent

08 Mar 2007 - I-130 approved

28 May 2007 - DS-3032/I-864 Bill received

05 June 2007 - paid I-864 bill

10 July 2007 - Receive I-864 package

18 July 2007 - Retiurn completed I-864

22 July 2007 - D 230 Package received

04 Aug 2007 - D230 returned to NVC

11 Aug 2007 - Letter from NVC advises I-864 need correction

13 Aug 2007 - I-864 corrected and returned

31 Aug 2007 - Case Completed at NVC!!!!

05 Sept 2007 - Case forwarded to London Embassy

03 Oct 2007 - Medical appointment

10 Oct 2007 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Oct 2007 - Visa and MBE Received special courrier

18 Oct 2007 - Flying to California

The best thing that happened this summer for us, was having Gary's sister and her 7 month old baby over for a month :) We hadnt seen his sister for a year and it was our first time seeing the baby in person. We had a great time.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Lots of wonderful things happened this summer but to name just a few

I became a Grandmother for the very first time in August - the downside is that I have to wait until early next year to be properly introduced to my Grandson and to make up for lost cuddles! :dancing:

I made it through the summer without getting bitten to pieces by mosquitos - my 82 yr old next door neighbour contracted West Nile Virus - poor old boy but he is fully recovered now. :o

Hubby had his half a century lol :lol::lol:

All in all life is wonderful and I am so lucky! :):dancing:

08/15/08 I-751 submitted to VSC

10/01/08 Biometrics completed

03/02/09 Case transferred to CSC

04/04/2009 Received approval letter

03/31/2009 Date of Decision

05/01/2009 Card production ordered

05/07/2009 Received card

In matters of style,

swim with the current;

in matters of principle,

stand like a rock.

- Thomas Jefferson

The best thing that happened this summer for us, was having Gary's sister and her 7 month old baby over for a month :) We hadnt seen his sister for a year and it was our first time seeing the baby in person. We had a great time.

That sounds like a great visit!!

Silver...congrats on the grandbaby!!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Thank you!

08/15/08 I-751 submitted to VSC

10/01/08 Biometrics completed

03/02/09 Case transferred to CSC

04/04/2009 Received approval letter

03/31/2009 Date of Decision

05/01/2009 Card production ordered

05/07/2009 Received card

In matters of style,

swim with the current;

in matters of principle,

stand like a rock.

- Thomas Jefferson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

the ladies are very different aren't they - all meadows and buttercups and babies smiles and poor princess diana...

Never mind all that squidgy, starry eyes simpleton stuff..

What is going to make me really happy next year is buying a 268 horse power Toyota for the price of a lawnmower in the UK - and filling it with gasoline for the price of a couple of beers.

Then I am going to get a whacking great speedboat and zoom around in the gulf of mexico slicing the heads off those nasty tuna-killing dolphins.

Then I am going to get a superb BMW motorbike for the price of a push bike and park it near the Harleys so they can see what real engineering looks like instead of those junky lumps of old iron they chug around on

The one who dies with the most toys wins ! haha !

Babies are over-rated - I had two of em and they are both a continuing nightmare. They will all be in re-hab in a few years anyway and then 50% of em get divorced etc etc . Reality check time !

yes this year was the pits but next year is mine...boy thinking rules ! Girl power had it's day but really they are at their happiest swapping photos and eating cream buns and scraping nappies (diapers) off the backsides of uncomprehending identical little pink babies.

moresheep400100.jpg

Hmm... nothing good happened in the summer.

Best things around the summer months, was Josh coming over to the UK for 3 weeks in May and my 2 weeks in the US earlier this month. Summer was just some "time to wish away" to get to the next visit.

I'll be so glad when this whole process is over and I can start enjoying each day again, instead of wishing them all away.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Hmm... nothing good happened in the summer.

Best things around the summer months, was Josh coming over to the UK for 3 weeks in May and my 2 weeks in the US earlier this month. Summer was just some "time to wish away" to get to the next visit.

I'll be so glad when this whole process is over and I can start enjoying each day again, instead of wishing them all away.

It is a long wait. But it is worth it. Good luck on the rest of your visa path.

:thumbs:

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
the ladies are very different aren't they - all meadows and buttercups and babies smiles and poor princess diana...

Never mind all that squidgy, starry eyes simpleton stuff..

What is going to make me really happy next year is buying a 268 horse power Toyota for the price of a lawnmower in the UK - and filling it with gasoline for the price of a couple of beers.

Then I am going to get a whacking great speedboat and zoom around in the gulf of mexico slicing the heads off those nasty tuna-killing dolphins.

Then I am going to get a superb BMW motorbike for the price of a push bike and park it near the Harleys so they can see what real engineering looks like instead of those junky lumps of old iron they chug around on

The one who dies with the most toys wins ! haha !

Babies are over-rated - I had two of em and they are both a continuing nightmare. They will all be in re-hab in a few years anyway and then 50% of em get divorced etc etc . Reality check time !

yes this year was the pits but next year is mine...boy thinking rules ! Girl power had it's day but really they are at their happiest swapping photos and eating cream buns and scraping nappies (diapers) off the backsides of uncomprehending identical little pink babies.

You just made my husband choke on his muffin. :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Best thing after our wedding was taking my brother and his girlfriend to Dollywood (they are HUGE fans..er), and the lady herself was there. Not my cup of tea, but there you go!

Best thing to come, is that we are going to see Falcons vs. Colts on Thanksgiving night..

Im sooo excited, even though the rules go straight over my head, oh the atmosphere.

Also the other great thing, was finally being able to get the confidence to go out driving long distances on my own...

I really struggled with the road rules here.. lying on a blanket at Stone Mountain with my beau, and my daughter learning to swim in the pool.

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.