ajames79

Hello all you people in the UK forum...

28 posts in this topic

Morning...Brits..or people married to Brits.

Just saying hello as I've not been around for a while!

So my thread today will be about *drum roll* Your favorite thing that has happened this summer?

Fall is approching...winter will follow! But what happened to you this summer that was just fantastic!?

For me...without a doubt...Our Wedding. Was fantastic.

Next...Chris and I took a camping trip together. First time for him...and we just had a great time. Just the two of us! So now I think it has started a thing with us. We will try and go as much as possible. So we found yet another thing we like to do together.

Anyone want to come?

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Can I have two?

Absolutely number one: moving here on August 19th. Overwhelming, exhausting...amazing!

Number two: floating in a pool in San Diego, CA with the boy at 9 at night, staring up at the stars and palm trees, and feeling that London was about a million miles away. It was the most peaceful I have felt in years, and I got to share it with the person I love more than any other. :luv:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

For me it is definitely that we ffianlly were able to file our I-129f petition. Sure we'll wait an eternity more, but we're in the game and will see it through to the finish!!

P.S. Great to see you Amanda - glad all is well with you and you husband!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Realising that I had met my soulmate and getting engaged and buying a stunning wedding dress......I would say filing I-129F but in no way is that a pleasant experience just nessecary means to a very pleasant end!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Number two: floating in a pool in San Diego, CA with the boy at 9 at night, staring up at the stars and palm trees, and feeling that London was about a million miles away. It was the most peaceful I have felt in years, and I got to share it with the person I love more than any other. :luv:

Just being able to see stars without the light pollution of London is fabulous anyway! :P I lay in bed at night, looking out of the window thinking, wow, I never knew there were so many of them. Wonderful!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

'Nothing' nice happened to me this summer - it was the pits..

the worst summer of my life from every angle...

Is 'nothing' - 'something' ?

sorry to inject a hint of the real world - I am a bit of a 'social realist' you know...

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

For us it was FINALLY FILING OUR PETITION! woot Oh, and I rec'd my wedding gown!!!

Lots of good things @ my work but you don't wanna be bothered with that...

And D hit 20 years @ his co which proved very nice!

Erm, thinking, thinking....nothing else really stands out right now, but I've got a ####### memory, heh. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Congrats to everyone else for their memorable summers, and a big :( for alan....

Edited by LisaD

sorry to inject a hint of the real world - I am a bit of a 'social realist' you know...

alan

How about...the best thing that happened this summer was that it finally finished???

Here's hoping summer '08 is fantastic for you! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

alan

Its a Rugby world cup year, surely thats good?

23 Aug 2005 - Married in California

12 Oct 2005 - Chels moved to UK with hubby

27 Feb 2007 - I-130 Sent

08 Mar 2007 - I-130 approved

28 May 2007 - DS-3032/I-864 Bill received

05 June 2007 - paid I-864 bill

10 July 2007 - Receive I-864 package

18 July 2007 - Retiurn completed I-864

22 July 2007 - D 230 Package received

04 Aug 2007 - D230 returned to NVC

11 Aug 2007 - Letter from NVC advises I-864 need correction

13 Aug 2007 - I-864 corrected and returned

31 Aug 2007 - Case Completed at NVC!!!!

05 Sept 2007 - Case forwarded to London Embassy

03 Oct 2007 - Medical appointment

10 Oct 2007 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Oct 2007 - Visa and MBE Received special courrier

18 Oct 2007 - Flying to California

Timeline

alan

Its a Rugby world cup year, surely thats good?

Living in the US, I probably wont see rugby ever again....just those big fat guys with helmets and foam strapped to them and little white tea towels hanging down the front of their licra pants...no blood to speak of at all - puffs

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
iving in the US, I probably wont see rugby ever again....just those big fat guys with helmets and foam strapped to them and little white tea towels hanging down the front of their licra pants...no blood to speak of at all - puffs

Dunno about the no blood thing. A boy on my son's school's football team had his shoulder dislocated and the skin ripped open. That was pretty bloody...

:o

Timeline
iving in the US, I probably wont see rugby ever again....just those big fat guys with helmets and foam strapped to them and little white tea towels hanging down the front of their licra pants...no blood to speak of at all - puffs

Dunno about the no blood thing. A boy on my son's school's football team had his shoulder dislocated and the skin ripped open. That was pretty bloody...

Gordon Brown lost an eye at rugby - just losing an arm or something is pansy stuff

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Gordon Brown lost an eye at rugby - just losing an arm or something is pansy stuff

Well, there have been a few American football players who have ended up as quadraplegics from injuries sustained while playing the game. Is that manly enough for you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.