Heartland

Passports Returned without Stamp or info

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Contact Jordan maybe someone forgot to issue the visa and it was overlooked and mailed back to them. I have heard of this happening once before at another consulate.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, Wendy, it seems the plot only thickens as the days go by.

All the e-mails I have sent to the embassy regarding hubbies case have been answered with totally non-commital answers, sometimes in only three words. So, I sat down and sent them a long e-mail, and asked them specific questions about the review. Then I called DOS and asked about security checks being done on my husband. DOS said that they had finished one round of checks and everything was good. She also said the case was waiting to be finished in Amman before the visa was issued.

This morning I recieved an answer to my very specific e-mail to the embassy. They responed by saying simply "The security checks take three months".

So, I am really beginning to believe that this is a case specific to one hand not knowing what the other is doing. The way I see it, it's a miracle ANYONE has ever gotten a visa from Jordan.........

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
Well, Wendy, it seems the plot only thickens as the days go by.

All the e-mails I have sent to the embassy regarding hubbies case have been answered with totally non-commital answers, sometimes in only three words. So, I sat down and sent them a long e-mail, and asked them specific questions about the review. Then I called DOS and asked about security checks being done on my husband. DOS said that they had finished one round of checks and everything was good. She also said the case was waiting to be finished in Amman before the visa was issued.

This morning I recieved an answer to my very specific e-mail to the embassy. They responed by saying simply "The security checks take three months".

So, I am really beginning to believe that this is a case specific to one hand not knowing what the other is doing. The way I see it, it's a miracle ANYONE has ever gotten a visa from Jordan.........

Hey Tammy, I agree with you when you say that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, that is the case through this entire visa process. :wacko: My prayers are with you and hopefully you will hear some good news soon, hang in there!! (F)

Definitely contact the embassy, maybe someone forgot to do their job

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah, that would stress me, but you know what? It might be a good thing that they are back in your hands if its possible that they were asked for pre-maturely. I think if no decisions been made yet, (we all wish they would decide faster, I know) maybe right now there's no good place for the passports there, like its nobody's job yet to hold them...it might be better that the passports are held by him for now. If its noone's turn to watch them at the embassy, there's probably no telling where they would be or what trouble they'd be into when you want them back. Its all I can think of. Keep hanging in there. It will happen.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Let us know what the embassy says! That would totally freak me out too! :blink:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wendy, you need to contact the embassy in amman either by phone or email and ask them why the passports were returned. If it's because of sec. checks, then they would possibly return them and ask for them at a later date for they know that your husband and daughter need their passports in hand until they issue the visa. On the other hand, if he didn't pass sec check, then I would really look into that.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Was there a letter with the passports explaining anything? I would call the embassy and get to the bottom of it. I hope they just forgot to put the visas in the passport and your husband just has to go up to the embasy for them to stamp them. I hope it all works out.

The Amman embassy forgot to mail my husbands passport back, he had to go there and pick it up.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

ok talked to DOS, they said he is in security check and the avg is four months.... They made a mistake by returning the passports.

I sent a letter to Jordan and am awaiting their response.

My husband is going for an interview tomorrow for a job in Saudi. He is tired of all the games. I dont want to go there. He thinks the gov doesnt know what they are doing... so true . He cant find a job in Jordan. If he gets the job in Saudi, he has to turn over his passport. He cannot keep it with him therefor he cannot just send it in for the stamp of approval. Just pray for him to stay in Jordan! This man is hard headed!!! God at times I wish he just wanted the damn visa here more then I do!

I just cant belive God would do this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You should give them a call. When you're on the phone with them - they're a bit friendlier. At least - they were to me ... :whistle:

I suppose there's a difference between:

- An e-mail ( I could post a cartoon about the net & "anonymity" ... but the language is pretty crass ;) )

- A room full of 20 people who have 1,000,000 questions each - and there's 1 hour for the lady at the window to cover them all. ( Take this form. Next. )

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Uh...Looking at the trend in the threads for those applying from USA for their MENA spouses I've got a terribly bad feeling. Maybe I'm just influnenced by being sick. But seriously what is going on?

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Called DOS today, now they say the security checks can take anywhere from 3 months to a yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

ok talked to DOS, they said he is in security check and the avg is four months.... They made a mistake by returning the passports.

I sent a letter to Jordan and am awaiting their response.

My husband is going for an interview tomorrow for a job in Saudi. He is tired of all the games. I dont want to go there. He thinks the gov doesnt know what they are doing... so true . He cant find a job in Jordan. If he gets the job in Saudi, he has to turn over his passport. He cannot keep it with him therefor he cannot just send it in for the stamp of approval. Just pray for him to stay in Jordan! This man is hard headed!!! God at times I wish he just wanted the damn visa here more then I do!

I just cant belive God would do this

Wow, tough decisions to make

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I really think they are trying not to approve anyone from these counties. I really think they are trying to discourage the couples. I have people I knwo from other coutries and they were here from start to finish in three months six tops....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.