11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife was approved for AOS in St. Louis, Mo. on October 19th, 2005. Our interview got us the temporary approval letter and she got the I-551 stamp in her passport. Nothing happened after that. No welcome letter and no green card. Calls to the INS 800 number finally got us through to an I/O officer last week who said we had to consider that it was lost. If no welcome letter in 60 days and no card in 90 days, it must be lost. She says to file an I-90 and also send copies of the passport stamp for I-551, along with the NOA that we got for the initail interview, and the letter we got at that interview. No fees would be required because it was apparently lost in the mail.

I am looking now for sample forms on the I-90 (a filled out version) along with any possible help from anyone who has had this same experience. What do we do now and what can we expect in filing and timeframes, etc.?

Many thanks to everyone.

Filed: Timeline

I am in the same situation... well almost I got the welcome letter but never recieved the greencard...

I filed an I-90 no fee payable and had it returned saying as it was lost in the mail it is not USCIS fault so I have had to refile and pay the fee...

The I-90 is easy to fill out just tick the box Greencard lost/distroyed... you could try the no fee option if you know they did not mail it....

Good Luck

Kezzie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I can not believe they can charge you $190 for a replacement card. Especially when they probably did not mail it to begin wiht. So if you lose your purse/wallet and it contains your green card then you have to pay that enormous fee to get it replaced???? Guess we are lucky that replacement drivers licenses are not that expensive. But then this is USCIS, they would try to squeeze money from a rock. :angry:

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They nickel and dime you every way they can. >;P

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

This sorta thing really ticks me off. With all the fees we pay them, they could at least offer some sort of registered/certified/whichever mail service to avoid this. :huh:

I hope you get it sorted out!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
My wife was approved for AOS in St. Louis, Mo. on October 19th, 2005. Our interview got us the temporary approval letter and she got the I-551 stamp in her passport. Nothing happened after that. No welcome letter and no green card. Calls to the INS 800 number finally got us through to an I/O officer last week who said we had to consider that it was lost. If no welcome letter in 60 days and no card in 90 days, it must be lost. She says to file an I-90 and also send copies of the passport stamp for I-551, along with the NOA that we got for the initail interview, and the letter we got at that interview. No fees would be required because it was apparently lost in the mail.

I am looking now for sample forms on the I-90 (a filled out version) along with any possible help from anyone who has had this same experience. What do we do now and what can we expect in filing and timeframes, etc.?

Many thanks to everyone.

Many thanks for the replies to my problem. Hummm! Our I-90 should arrive in Lee's Summit today and we see what they need from here. my guess as to them wanting fee's again on a lost card is that the welcome letter was not lost and it did arrive. Therefore, they might suspect someone wants a card to use in order to re-engineer it. I will print updates later on our situation.

Filed: Timeline

It took just over a month for them to send mine back telling me that the fee was payable as it was not their fault it was lost in the mail....

I re-filed a new I-90 (e-filed) on Feb 3rd and other than a reciept I have heard nothing.... I did an infopass last Thursday to find out what is going on.... officer could not find out what the hold up was so he sent a request for information.... we now have to wait another 30 days to find out....

Hope you get your card faster than its taking them to do mine....

Kezzie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unreal !!! sheshh I had my interview Feb 23 got my welcome letter not 5 days later then after that not even 12 days total I think I had my card. This was in Charlotte NC

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kezzie, I find it interesting, but not suprising that USCIS returned your I-90 saying you had to pay the fee. The USCIS website states the following:

If you are filing for the following reasons, the base application fee of $190 is not required. The biometrics fee of $70 is not required. Please review the Special Instructions if you are filing for these reasons.

My authorized card was never received.

My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error.

So who knows if a fee is needed ot not.

I hope this all gets sorted out soon.

((Success))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You should join us in the I-90 thread... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...owtopic=138&hl=

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.