"rylee"

please help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
we are working on our K1 papers now...were not sure about the divorce decree...are we going to send the orriginal one or just a photo copy....please help...thanks so much.....

cheecks

A copy is fine. But you may need to send the original to your fiance/e later because the consulate could ask to see the original.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Timeline
During the petition phase, a copy is fine.

As long as it's a copy of a certified copy. ;)

so we need to get another copy for that...becuase it says here that we need to do a complete replica of what we will send to USCIS...does it mean that we have to have a certified copy also for the copy we will keep?thanks alot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
During the petition phase, a copy is fine.

As long as it's a copy of a certified copy. ;)

so we need to get another copy for that...becuase it says here that we need to do a complete replica of what we will send to USCIS...does it mean that we have to have a certified copy also for the copy we will keep?thanks alot

No the duplicate is for your own purpose and just in case they lost something ( yeaaaah i know USCIS NEVER lost something it is sure YOU have forget to putt it in ) but as long as you have the original one in your possession that is ok.

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Filed: Other Timeline

"Certified" means the recording authority in your juris has authenticated the document to be a true copy of court records. That person is usually your county clerk or recorder.

When you get a copy of any court record from them, they will mark it in some way to certify the document is a true copy - it might be all flowery like a gold seal or it may be as simple (as it is where I live) as rubber stamping the document and signing it.

So whenever you send a "copy" of a "certified copy" - the "certified copy" is your original.

:blink:

That's the simplest way I could think of to explain it!

"Certified" means the recording authority in your juris has authenticated the document to be a true copy of court records. That person is usually your county clerk or recorder.

When you get a copy of any court record from them, they will mark it in some way to certify the document is a true copy - it might be all flowery like a gold seal or it may be as simple (as it is where I live) as rubber stamping the document and signing it.

So whenever you send a "copy" of a "certified copy" - the "certified copy" is your original.

sorry.... just making sure...so my fiance can keep the original and just send a PHOTO COPY of his final decree in K1?did i get it right? thanks you so much....

cheecks

sorry.... just making sure...so my fiance can keep the original and just send a PHOTO COPY of his final decree in K1?did i get it right? thanks you so much....

cheecks

Right

keTiiDCjGVo

cheecks

Right

thank you so much..... ;)

cheecks

we are working on our K1 papers now...were not sure about the divorce decree...are we going to send the orriginal one or just a photo copy....please help...thanks so much.....

cheecks

Copy works fine. If it is dry stamped use a little black powder on the dry stamp so it will show on the copy.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.