Mary Lou

Kitchen Nightmares

44 posts in this topic

Gordon Ramseys show Kitchen Nightmares started lastnight, was wondering if anyone is watching it.

Gordon seemed more subdued then on Hell's Kitchen. But i give him props for not killing that guy Peter lastnight :lol:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

WTH was wrong with Peter anyway? Can we say anger management?

I loved the expressions on the rest of the staff as Gordon was reaming the guy out!

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we watched it.... it was ok...

i much prefer the original UK version with Gordon Ramsey though...

but that Peter guy was crazy..... his business is going down the tube and he goes and spends 1000 bucks a visit to get his teeth bleached :blink:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lord, I grew up not too far away from Babylon and Peter's attitude was unfortunately all too familiar to me. :lol:

I was almost surprised that Peter didn't try and pound on Gordon when he was telling him what a loser he is. But I am sure that even Peter realized that Gordon would have kicked his ###.

And, yes, the look on the chef's face when Gordon was ripping Peter a new one had me in stiches!

I would love to see if Peter's change in attitude was permanent or if he has slipped back into his old ways. My bet is for the latter.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

we watched it.... it was ok...

i much prefer the original UK version with Gordon Ramsey though...

but that Peter guy was crazy..... his business is going down the tube and he goes and spends 1000 bucks a visit to get his teeth bleached :blink:

Yeah not to mention all the comps he was giving his doctor and other customers.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

WTH was wrong with Peter anyway? Can we say anger management?

I loved the expressions on the rest of the staff as Gordon was reaming the guy out!

It was great! Their expressions were pretty much 'Oh my god, somebody finally said it.' And I loved at the end how Peter is pretty much demoted to menu & drinks duty. And I was pretty impressed at how Ramsay (or his production staff) didn't ream out the chef for the food disasters, realizing that the problem wasn't the chef or sous chef.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline
Gordon Ramseys show Kitchen Nightmares started lastnight, was wondering if anyone is watching it.

Gordon seemed more subdued then on Hell's Kitchen. But i give him props for not killing that guy Peter lastnight :lol:

I think Gordon was more subdued because he recognized that he was in the presence of a vastly superior Drama Queen - aka: Peter.

What a b!tch.

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The British version is way better and with Top Gear was one of my favourite shows to watch in the UK.

What is it with Fox sticking crappy overbearing back ground music to everything? And, it took them 50 minutes to actually tackle the root of the problem with that restaurant; namely, Peter was robbing them blind and they couldn't cook anything to an acceptable because 1) he'd get in the way, 2) the kitchen equipment was busted and 3) Peter would come along and eat what was intended for the costumers!

I'll watch it next week to see it if is any better but I won't bother with future episodes if it is as ####### as last night's show.

I really miss the quality programming on the BBC and Channel 4 in the UK :( .

Edited by LondonGooner

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah, the British version is way better... :thumbs: hubby and I watch that version all the time on the BBC channel....

i hate the stupid voice-over guy on the American version.... :P

it is funny that people base their opinion of Ramsey by watching him on Hell's Kitchen but that is not who he is at all and you can see that from watching the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares.... he is still a bit of a hard-a$$ but he doesn't scream and yell as much...

they should have done the American show like the UK one....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
yeah, the British version is way better... :thumbs: hubby and I watch that version all the time on the BBC channel....

i hate the stupid voice-over guy on the American version.... :P

it is funny that people base their opinion of Ramsey by watching him on Hell's Kitchen but that is not who he is at all and you can see that from watching the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares.... he is still a bit of a hard-a$$ but he doesn't scream and yell as much...

they should have done the American show like the UK one....

If people think Ramsey has a bad temper in the kitchen then they should check out one of Marco-Pierre White's cookbooks, (sorry can't remember which one specifically), but in the book I am thinking of is a photograph of a very young Ramsey, who trained under White, bawling his eyes out after getting a right royal bollacking from White. Ramsey is a #####-cat compared to White.

Advance Parole

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Better still, if you want an idea of what he is really like, read his autobiography, Humble Pie.

Ramsey Rules!!

I will look for that!!

I haven't seen the new Kitchen Nightmares, but I watched it in Canada- the UK version.

They have it here on the BBC channel and I have Mel hooked on it too.

Timeline
Better still, if you want an idea of what he is really like, read his autobiography, Humble Pie.

Ramsey Rules!!

I will look for that!!

I haven't seen the new Kitchen Nightmares, but I watched it in Canada- the UK version.

They have it here on the BBC channel and I have Mel hooked on it too.

Aye, occassionally BBC America do show some good quality British programmes; Kitchen Nightmares and Top Gear are the best. I would really like for them to pick up some of the better BBC programming though instead of ####### like Dr. Who, Torchwood, etc, Q.I. is actually a really funny show with Stephen Fry and I really miss good quality fly-on-the-wall shows like Airport, A Life of Grime and Car Wars.

Advance Parole

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I ADORE Dr Who and Torchwood, so nayah. :P But I have to say that Top Gear RAWKS! Love that show too.

Anyway, I did watch Kitchen Nightmares and Gordon Ramsey is fabulous. I did prefer the UK version though, cause that doesn't spend the first ten minutes going over what is going to happen in the next 40 minutes AND Gordon Ramsey actually goes back to the restaurant he helped out around 2 weeks later to see if they are still doing all right (am sure I could have done with a comma in there somewhere!).

It would have been interesting to see if Peter returned to being a knob...

Edited by Mags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

LOL yeah, don't knock my Doctor Who ;)

I agree, I hope we get to see Gordon revisit the restaurant to see if Peter has stuck to his promises or reverted to his old restaurant-destroying ways.