odeoaldorf

August / September I-130 2007 Filers

524 posts in this topic

We are probably on the lowest priority for these guys anymore. Of course it will take 60 days to sort out things because 30 days out of it will go partying and celebrating New Year and Christmas for them. Who cares if our loved ones suffer right?

.png

Ok stepkids heres the deal,

The applications are not being forwarded to Chicago in our timeframe that I know for sure, well at least my lawyer states that and he had better know since he has strong ties to HS issues.

Second yes there is this backlog, but the 18 month thing hopefully will not happen to us. Lawyer says maybe two to three months behind but if that is a crock then I am off to Washington DC with this #######. I should have just done the fiance Visa thing and not gotten married......he would have been here by now or at least ready to pack a bag.

Why are we on the backburner......oh sod it, no one knows, and for sure of one thing, USCIS does not care. BUT I DO and this item is going to my congressman as it defeats what USCIS preaches to us all, we shall process in order received. Bull ####### might as well take the website down and revamp it with some poker tables since we dont have our mates here, at least we can call their bluff there.

Cheers and gl xxx

LOL @ Poker Table...good one. So even for end of August filers at Vermont, cases are not being forwarded to Chicago?

Apparently they are staying there and Chicago will take the load from December on until the other service centers catch up again. This is what I have been told and not from USCIS so its much more reliable Speaking with USCIS is so conflicting and having spoke with our lawyer and a few other people associated with HS they have said the above but ya know things can change in a heartbeat......... for now as stated above

P>S> .......NLH now starting lol.......all in..... :whistle:

Cheers hun

Edited by SusieK

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
We are probably on the lowest priority for these guys anymore. Of course it will take 60 days to sort out things because 30 days out of it will go partying and celebrating New Year and Christmas for them. Who cares if our loved ones suffer right?

.png

The applications are not being forwarded to Chicago in our timeframe that I know for sure, well at least my lawyer states that and he had better know since he has strong ties to HS issues.

Second yes there is this backlog, but the 18 month thing hopefully will not happen to us. Lawyer says maybe two to three months behind but if that is a crock then I am off to Washington DC with this #######. I should have just done the fiance Visa thing and not gotten married......he would have been here by now or at least ready to pack a bag.

Why are we on the backburner......oh sod it, no one knows, and for sure of one thing, USCIS does not care. BUT I DO and this item is going to my congressman as it defeats what USCIS preaches to us all, we shall process in order received. Bull ####### might as well take the website down and revamp it with some poker tables since we dont have our mates here, at least we can call their bluff there.

Cheers and gl xxx

LOL @ Poker Table...good one. So even for end of August filers at Vermont, cases are not being forwarded to Chicago?

Apparently they are staying there and Chicago will take the load from December on until the other service centers catch up again. This is what I have been told and not from USCIS so its much more reliable Speaking with USCIS is so conflicting and having spoke with our lawyer and a few other people associated with HS they have said the above but ya know things can change in a heartbeat......... for now as stated above

P>S> .......NLH now starting lol.......all in..... :whistle:

Cheers hun

I would take anything your lawyer and USCIS have stated with a grain of salt. Both could be wrong. I think all of the I-130s received from July 2007 onward have been used to create a giant bonfire upon which USCIS toast their marshmallows for their holiday parties.

Edited by Delicia

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Timeline

Another question to ask ourselves is this:

If they are not sending our I-130's to the Chicago lockbox for data entry and they are holding these petitions are California and Vermont to processing just a receipt notice, how long will it take them to catch up?

If Chicago is going to start processing receipt notices for applications received after December 3rd, why should these guys get their applications in the system before us? That is certainly not fair and I will really be pissed and mad at this.

I have been waited since August 14 and if the Chicago Lockbox is going to be faster, then so be it. But I do not think it is wise nor fair to have applications just mailed in December put ahead of our receipt notices.

If they are not sending our I-130's to the Chicago lockbox for data entry and they are holding these petitions are California and Vermont to processing just a receipt notice, how long will it take them to catch up?

If Chicago is going to start processing receipt notices for applications received after December 3rd, why should these guys get their applications in the system before us? That is certainly not fair and I will really be pissed and mad at this.

I have been waited since August 14 and if the Chicago Lockbox is going to be faster, then so be it. But I do not think it is wise nor fair to have applications just mailed in December put ahead of our receipt notices.

I totally agree and would comment but the marshmellows one still has me chuckling here at 5:55am in the morning, omg too funny.....at least we can find a moment of sanity or humor in this gigantic mess. What I dont understand and maybe someone can answer for me since I do not see any law ( whatever they are now with USCIS) that states that getting your fiance here for a wedding late next year is more important to process than getting your spouse here. Dont take this wrong, but all we are LOOKING FOR IS A RECEIPT!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

My complaint today is going to be a follow up letter to my Congressman, and since I do not have a receipt number, I am just pointing out to him these issues, its like getting married to someone from afar is a huge slap in the face. Someone said to me recently, USA is anti immigration right now, except if its illegal. Somewhere in that sentence an oxymoron has been created but it goes along with Jumbo Shrimp, IT DOES EXIST.

Again, use whatever resources you have to deal with this issue, if you are comfortable in waiting it out for a few more weeks, and try to enjoy the holidays without your mate, then do so. If you are so confused as most of us, then research or if you are super pissed off like a few of us, then do take matters into your own hands and fire off a letter to Senator, Congress person or even your local deli. I will tell you this........you do get alot of frustration out of the system by doing it.

Again, none of us are of the same make up, and for that we are so unique......I will applaud each members action here as long as it helps them through this first god awful step.

Cheers all and post later after coffee-

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

I totally agree and would comment but the marshmellows one still has me chuckling here at 5:55am in the morning, omg too funny.....at least we can find a moment of sanity or humor in this gigantic mess. What I dont understand and maybe someone can answer for me since I do not see any law ( whatever they are now with USCIS) that states that getting your fiance here for a wedding late next year is more important to process than getting your spouse here. Dont take this wrong, but all we are LOOKING FOR IS A RECEIPT!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

My complaint today is going to be a follow up letter to my Congressman, and since I do not have a receipt number, I am just pointing out to him these issues, its like getting married to someone from afar is a huge slap in the face. Someone said to me recently, USA is anti immigration right now, except if its illegal. Somewhere in that sentence an oxymoron has been created but it goes along with Jumbo Shrimp, IT DOES EXIST.

Again, use whatever resources you have to deal with this issue, if you are comfortable in waiting it out for a few more weeks, and try to enjoy the holidays without your mate, then do so. If you are so confused as most of us, then research or if you are super pissed off like a few of us, then do take matters into your own hands and fire off a letter to Senator, Congress person or even your local deli. I will tell you this........you do get alot of frustration out of the system by doing it.

Again, none of us are of the same make up, and for that we are so unique......I will applaud each members action here as long as it helps them through this first god awful step.

Cheers all and post later after coffee-

Well if anyone wants to act and get into the group hug thing, and take advantage of the political scene heres the latest ...........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22214008/

If immigration whether it be illegal or the "LEGAL WAY" is on the front burner, I would think that more politicans would get onto this bandwagon after the holidays of course.

Sigh..........

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

.png

Cheers and gl xxx

Hun I raise you two I 129s against I 130 being seen before the app gets touched

Edited by Kris and Susiek

I love you Susie and miss you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I-130

VISA IN HAND IM COMING HOME 10/4/08

.png

Cheers and gl xxx

Hun I raise you two I 129s against I 130 being seen before the app gets touched

FOLD!!!!!!!

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

CSC received my I-130 on 8/14/07, and I got NOA1 on 10/2/07.

I was worry for my receipt notice during that time too and I called USCIS to learn that they had a massive increase in applications. Now, I can't wait for my NOA2 to come, hopefully, in Feb provided there's no RFE.

For us August filers, our three years of tax transcripts needed later on will be 2007-5 or 2006-4?

GL everyone!

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

CSC received my I-130 on 8/14/07, and I got NOA1 on 10/2/07.

I was worry for my receipt notice during that time too and I called USCIS to learn that they had a massive increase in applications. Now, I can't wait for my NOA2 to come, hopefully, in Feb provided there's no RFE.

For us August filers, our three years of tax transcripts needed later on will be 2007-5 or 2006-4?

GL everyone!

Congrats on that issue, guess they dont process applications in the order they are received. Good to know they are at 100% of bs in their website news. Nothing against you and actually glad to see this since it means someone worked one day at CSC,.

Best of luck on journey

Cheers

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
As of December 14, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center

Form Number Date Received

I-130* 8/30/2007

I-751 11/27/2007

All Other Forms Current

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

Nebraska Service Center

All Forms Current

Texas Service Center

N-400 7/31/2007

All Other Forms Current

Vermont Service Center

I-130* 7/29/2007

N-400 10/21/2007

All Other Forms Current

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

USCIS Lockbox

TPS Current

So, according to this our petitions 'have been' forwarded to Chicago now. Lets see what that will bring. Still no check cashed on our end and still no sign that anything will be moving soon. Susie, I am sorry but I think your lawyer is wrong and just wants to calm things down. The question is how they will proceed once data entry is completed. But we will see. Good luck everyone and keep your patience. There is nothing we can do for now but pray and stay positive.

CR-1 Timeline

07/06/2007: Got married in Jamestown, RI

VSC

08/03/2007: USCIS VSC received I-130 package

10/26/2007: Still no receipt notice (NOA1)

12/31/2007: Got NOA1 in mail (date 12/26/2007)

02/22/2008: Approval notice sent by VSC (NOA2)

NVC

03/02/2008: still waiting for a case number

03/05/2008: NVC case# assigned (FRN2008xxxxxx)

03/10/2008: NVC generated and 'sent out' the DS-3032 and I-864 bill

03/xx/2008: Sent in DS-3032 and I-864 bill

04/xx/2008: NVC generated and 'sent out' the IV-bill

04/xx/2008: NVC generated and 'sent out' the I-864

04/xx/2008: NVC received I-864

06/xx/2008: IV bill paid

08/xx/2008: NVC received DS-230

09/04/2008: RFE generated (stupid question 20)

09/29/2008: NVC received new DS-230

09/30/2008: Case completed at NVC

10/07/2008: Interview date assigned

10/09/2008: Case transferred to consulate

U.S. Consulate, Frankfurt

10/14/2008: Medical exam

11/13/2008: Interview Frankfurt, Ger 8:00am

11/13/2008: Visa granted at interview (no results on the fingerprints)

11/15/2008: Visa received

Home in the U.S.

03/27/2009: POE Boston, MA - Finally home with hubby!

04/16/2009: SSN received

04/24/2009: Received Greencard in mail

Received MA ID

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

So, according to this our petitions 'have been' forwarded to Chicago now. Lets see what that will bring. Still no check cashed on our end and still no sign that anything will be moving soon. Susie, I am sorry but I think your lawyer is wrong and just wants to calm things down. The question is how they will proceed once data entry is completed. But we will see. Good luck everyone and keep your patience. There is nothing we can do for now but pray and stay positive.

I guess germanchick is right on this. Since germanchick is the earliest filer we take her case as a reference. Please keep us posted Germanchick. I feel your receipt of anything is a signal that the I-130 is moving.

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-07

I-130 Approved : 2008-05-19

NVC

NVC Received : 2008-05-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-06-13

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-06-13

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-06-13

Now we are sure our applications had been forwared to chicago. Because if the statement on the USCIS were wrong they would've corrected after a week of phone calls. I am sure they got so many calls asking this statment(*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I just wrote a quick little email to every single Presidential candidate. I know it won't do much but at least I felt like I did something.

Dear Mr. Obama:

I am writing in regards to the hot presidential campaign issue of immigration. While I understand that the focus has been placed upon 'illegal' immigration, I would like to direct your attention to another immigration problem that is being faced by many Americans right now. This is the 'legal' immigration backlog.

I am an American citizen currently married to a Canadian citizen. I am in the process of sponsoring my husband of 2 years into the U.S. with an IR-1 visa. We have been waiting over 2 months just for the initial notification from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services that they have received our application for an IR-1 visa. This process normally takes just a few days. I cannot fathom how long the remaining process will take. I have been monitoring immigration forums and find many, many, others who share my position. While my husband I wait through this process, we must live apart. While I can visit him in Canada, he is not allowed entry into the U.S. because the U.S. generally doesn't allow individuals currently in process for an immigration visa to visit for any length of time because of the threat that they may stay in the country illegally to wait out the process.

While I appreciate the problems the country faces with illegal immigration, I feel, as an American citizen trying to sponsor a spouse from a low risk, low visa fraud nation, that waiting a few years for the U.S. Government to complete the process, is completely inefficient and unnecessary and some focus and resources used to combat illegal immigration should be turned towards the individuals that are trying to follow the rules and immigrate legally.

Please do not ignore the problems and frustrations of 'legal' immigrants.

Regards,

me

Phoenix, AZ

It's far from perfect, but it gets my thoughts across...

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

I just wrote a quick little email to every single Presidential candidate. I know it won't do much but at least I felt like I did something.

Dear Mr. Obama:

I am writing in regards to the hot presidential campaign issue of immigration. While I understand that the focus has been placed upon 'illegal' immigration, I would like to direct your attention to another immigration problem that is being faced by many Americans right now. This is the 'legal' immigration backlog.

I am an American citizen currently married to a Canadian citizen. I am in the process of sponsoring my husband of 2 years into the U.S. with an IR-1 visa. We have been waiting over 2 months just for the initial notification from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services that they have received our application for an IR-1 visa. This process normally takes just a few days. I cannot fathom how long the remaining process will take. I have been monitoring immigration forums and find many, many, others who share my position. While my husband I wait through this process, we must live apart. While I can visit him in Canada, he is not allowed entry into the U.S. because the U.S. generally doesn't allow individuals currently in process for an immigration visa to visit for any length of time because of the threat that they may stay in the country illegally to wait out the process.

While I appreciate the problems the country faces with illegal immigration, I feel, as an American citizen trying to sponsor a spouse from a low risk, low visa fraud nation, that waiting a few years for the U.S. Government to complete the process, is completely inefficient and unnecessary and some focus and resources used to combat illegal immigration should be turned towards the individuals that are trying to follow the rules and immigrate legally.

Please do not ignore the problems and frustrations of 'legal' immigrants.

Regards,

me

Phoenix, AZ

It's far from perfect, but it gets my thoughts across...

YOU DO IT GIRL CONGRATS XXXXXXX NOTHING CAN HURT THE MORE PEOPLE SPEAK UP FOR LEGAL RIGHTS FOR LEGAL AMERICANS THE MORE WE GET NOTICED!!!!!!!!

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.