CanUsaCpl

Married with Children...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

For those of you who applied for your spouse, are you planning to take your child or children to the interview? My daughter is 2 years old and we are planning to take her with us, so they can see her interaction with us as a fatomily as more of a means of a legitimate relationship since we don't have anything in our names together (Husband has no way to get a bank account or anything until he gets EAD and gets his social security #)

Is it a good idea or a bad idea to take your child(ren)?

7-11-07 Information Sent Chicago LB I-131, I-485, I765, I-130

7-27-07 RD

8-22-07 LUD- All

8-31-07 ND

8-31-07 ASC Biometrics Appointment (d. 36)

9-04-07 NOA Received in mail All (d. 40)

9-19-07 LUD: Notices undeliverable sent back on 9-18-07 for I-1765, I-485 (d. 55)

9-22-07 Biometrics FP (d. 58) DONE!

9-24-07 LUD: I-765, I-485 (d.60)

NEXT:

EAD: ?

AP: ?

Interview: Detroit, MI TBD

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
For those of you who applied for your spouse, are you planning to take your child or children to the interview? My daughter is 2 years old and we are planning to take her with us, so they can see her interaction with us as a fatomily as more of a means of a legitimate relationship since we don't have anything in our names together (Husband has no way to get a bank account or anything until he gets EAD and gets his social security #)

are u the both the biological parents of the child ? Coz me i am bringing my 3 kids with me with the petition of k3 , since they are minor they are derivative of k4 visa , but it dont make any problem at all.

Timeline

are u the both the biological parents of the child ? Coz me i am bringing my 3 kids with me with the petition of k3 , since they are minor they are derivative of k4 visa , but it dont make any problem at all.

Yes, she is our biological child :-) She is a US Citizen by birth so she is not involved in any of the paperwork shuffles but we figured that we should take her to show her interaction with us as parents to support our background as a married couple and as a family

7-27-07 RD

8-22-07 LUD- All

8-31-07 ND

9-19-07 LUD: Notices undeliverable sent back on 9-18-07 for I-1765, I-485 (d. 55)

NEXT:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

With regards to the Canadian consulates, up to a certain age, the children do not have to attend the interview. Im not sure what the age is to be honest. I believe it may be 12, but Im not positive! Im sure others will chip in!! The interviews at the Canadian consulates for the most part are extremely quick and painless, especially if you read the info on VJ and ur prepared. Most take less than 10 minutes!! They ask very basic questions!! Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Our son was born in 2006 here in NY, and then took our son home to Manila in 2007 to celebrate his 1st bday. He is staying with his Dad now back home in Manila, and will be taking him to the interview. They will be flying together to come here hopefully soon. Miss them both so much!

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline

We aren't going to be going to any Canadian Consolates for an interview, it will be State side. My Husband is already in MI with me. We are awaiting approvals from this side.

7-27-07 RD

8-22-07 LUD- All

8-31-07 ND

NEXT:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We have two children 5, and 8. Our children are not involved in this process, since they are US citizens as well.

I am currently living in Japan with our two children.

My husband in US is planning to come for interview at Embassy in Tokyo with two children.

So whole family will go to interview. But I don't know if they will come to the interview room with me. They might wait for me the outside of the room while I am interviewed.

Your daughter's birth certificate is what will truly count to show your bonafide relationship. If you would like to bring her along and that would be easier than finding someone to take care of her for the day, then I would. I wouldn't bring her along for the sole reason of proving a legitimate relationship as the birth certificate will already do that. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.