Malarie

All the couples in AP/AR with a spouse/fiance named Mohamed (or any form of this name)

15 posts in this topic

Hi All Fellow VJ'ers...

Just curious how long other couples who have a husband or fiance with the name of Mohamed (or any form of this name) have waited for security name clearance to complete?

My husband and I are going insane with this wait -- it is worse than the entire process before this point.... come on alreadyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Malarie

:crying::crying::crying:

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wish I knew... There is no way to figure it out.. I hope your husband gets his visa soon...

My fiancee has 3 common names and our case just finally made it to DOS so i anticipate another 5-6months for name clearances, so 10 months total of AP maybe :crying:

just hang in thereI hope your wait is coming to a close (L)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi All Fellow VJ'ers...

Just curious how long other couples who have a husband or fiance with the name of Mohamed (or any form of this name) have waited for security name clearance to complete?

My husband and I are going insane with this wait -- it is worse than the entire process before this point.... come on alreadyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

the normal name clearance is not the hard part as it usually takes a couple of days .. but it gets bad when there is a name hit then it may takes several months for the clearance .

a very comon name maybe a supject for a name hit more than uncomon name .

Timeline

I don't think it's only the name hit that causes the delays................my husband's security clearance started the beginning of May and ended the first week in June............whenever I call DOS they say that security clearances have been completed and that they don't see any reason why the embassy cannot issue the visa.

Mohamed is a very common name and there are Mohamed's who obtain visas from many consulates in and out of MENA. There are a few notorious embassies, however, that process papers at the pace of snails...........In addition to name checks, I think inefficiency also has a lot to do with the delays we're seeing.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline
I don't think it's only the name hit that causes the delays................my husband's security clearance started the beginning of May and ended the first week in June............whenever I call DOS they say that security clearances have been completed and that they don't see any reason why the embassy cannot issue the visa.

Mohamed is a very common name and there are Mohamed's who obtain visas from many consulates in and out of MENA. There are a few notorious embassies, however, that process papers at the pace of snails...........In addition to name checks, I think inefficiency also has a lot to do with the delays we're seeing.

the security clearance is more than a (name check) .. fingerprint check & criminal record & ........ etc

that's why it may take several weeks at the DOS even if there is no name hit .

it depends on what kind of security check the embassy has requested ..

at the DOS & FBI .. it may take a few (days-weeks) before they even start working on it .. coz when they receive the security check request , your case takes a turn in the role .. depends on how many cases before you in the role !

sometimes i thought that Casa don't follow these long steps .. but at least that's how it goes here in Egypt .

Timeline

Yes, I understand that security checks are more than just name hits.

What I meant was that there are lots of people from other countries who go through security clearances and they don't end up waiting for ridiculous amounts of time...............in certain countries, however, Egypt definitely being one of them, even AFTER security clearances are completed, people have to experience VERY long delays.

the security clearance is more than a (name check) .. fingerprint check & criminal record & ........ etc

at the DOS & FBI .. it may take a few (days-weeks) before they even start working on it .. coz when they receive the security check request , your case takes a turn in the role .. depends on how many cases before you in the role !

sometimes i thought that Casa don't follow these long steps .. but at least that's how it goes here in Egypt .

Edited by m&n

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yes, I understand that security checks are more than just name hits.

What I meant was that there are lots of people from other countries who go through security clearances and they don't end up waiting for ridiculous amounts of time...............in certain countries, however, Egypt definitely being one of them, even AFTER security clearances are completed, people have to experience VERY long delays.

Exactly. You can't really compare Egypt to Morrocco, which is why we started a separate AP thread for Egypt. In Morocco, if you passed the interview they tend to issue the visa as soon as the DOS is done whereas in Egypt it tends to take a while after DOS is done.

Dee's husband's name was Mohammed and security checks took only a week at DOS. I don't think you should just look at folks with the first name Mohammed though since I think they also turn the name around and mix it different ways to see if there's a hit or not. My husband's first names are Usama Said Mohammed Machmoud so we're probably screwed. :wacko:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband's name is Mohamed--I think we had about 3 weeks of AR.

I really don't think they hold up people who are named Mohamed from Morocco (or any other Islamic country) because then they'd be targeting WAY too many people for additional scrutiny to be practical.

Is your habibi's famiy name common? Mine is fairly rare in Morocco (it's the name of a village in Algeria).

BTW, does everyone know that family names are a relatively new thing in Morocco (started with the French in the 20th century--everyone was asked to just pick a name for their family)? It used to be that someone would be called their first name bin father's name, i.e. Mohamed bin Hussein (Mohamed son of Hussein). If Mohamed has a son named Samir, his name would be Samir bin Mohamed.

Good luck--I hope that your Mohamed gets his visa very soon!

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

a friend of mine is called Mohamed and he waited 6 months after his interview but he got the visa finaly , i don't think the name would affect the case.

wish you all the luck

Well... I have to differ with you on this the name doesn't affect the case as far as passing the interview or not however, it is holding up the issuance of my husbands visa.... we are only waiting for his name to clear (he "passed" the interview) and I have been able to confirm that there had not been a "hit" on his name,as of yet (at least this is what my congressman's office told me)... my husbands record is clean... this is just terribly frustrating and draining our our relationship -- it just has to end soon -- that is all there is to it :wacko: !!!

Does anyone have GWB's phone number?? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

:blush: Malarie :blush:

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my husband is a Mohamed as well. after interview security checks took 3 months. we have his manila folder that says>>>

"clear these hits--DONKEY"

i had the nerve to ask the CO why do we have to go through MORE security checks again since they had been done by USCIS and NVC. she in a quite upset way informed me she "did not FEEL comfortable issuing the visa without these checks and she was the chief visa officer and was going to do it-period". okey dokey missy.

i have "heard" those with the name of Mohamed take much longer to check. i have yet to see proof of this though. so it is a rumor that has not been verified.

best advice---hang in there---at least you passed the interview which sad to say some valid couples do not.

when the day comes and he gets the visa....woo hoo...you will be>>>>

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

wishing you a speedy clearance!!!!

chi

Edited by chiquita

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
a friend of mine is called Mohamed and he waited 6 months after his interview but he got the visa finaly , i don't think the name would affect the case.

wish you all the luck

Well... I have to differ with you on this the name doesn't affect the case as far as passing the interview or not however, it is holding up the issuance of my husbands visa.... we are only waiting for his name to clear (he "passed" the interview) and I have been able to confirm that there had not been a "hit" on his name,as of yet (at least this is what my congressman's office told me)... my husbands record is clean... this is just terribly frustrating and draining our our relationship -- it just has to end soon -- that is all there is to it :wacko: !!!

Does anyone have GWB's phone number?? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

:blush: Malarie :blush:

Certain professions can trigger extra checks (some educational fields, technical fields, etc.). One way they check names is by removing the vowels and checking the pattern left by the consonants.

I hope your ordeal passes very soon.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

My fiance has one of the most common names in his country Ali Reza Mohammidi. Plus he is Iranian. And worked for the Ministry of Agriculture in Tehran at one time. Oh and he fought in the Iran-Iraq war. So plz, we are so scr***d with the clearance. His interview was in April and they still tell us it is pending,

Maybe one day before he is all gray headed he will be here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham does have Mohammad in part of his name. He is also in the education background but HAS NOT had any criminal record either in the States or in Morocco. We were in AP/AR for a year and two months!!!! We suspect that fact that his country of origin is Palestine and that he's actually considered "stateless" has created alot of problems with his case.

IMO, there is no "format" that causes the delay or "extra" security. This whole process is absolutely maddening!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.