salshi

how long you wait for after u get 221g to get your visa

17 posts in this topic

hello all

i would like any one who get 221g and waited for visa to post

1 how long s/he wait ?

2 some details when s/he got the section 221g

i got section 221g 3 days ago in the interview

they said wait 4-5 weeks we will contact you , ....

Edited by salshi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

huh?

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

hello all

i would like any one who get 221g and waited for visa to post

1 how long s/he wait ?

2 some details when s/he got the section 221g

i got section 221g 3 days ago in the interview

they said wait 4-5 weeks we will contact you , ....

I hope you will not be upset if I modify your post so that more people can understand it. If I did not understand your questions correctly please forgive me.

I had my interview 3 days ago. They gave me a 221G and said to wait 4 to 5 weeks and they would contact me. Could someone who also received a 221G at their interview help me please?

1. How long did you wait to receive your visa?
  2. Can you give me some details about why you received a 221G?

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

What exactly does the 221g letter say? What is checked off at the bottom of the letter? If the petition is being returned to the US, you need to go here-->http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

and do some reading.

But first, make sure they aren't requesting additional information that you can send in or hand carry to the consulate to get your visa. Sometimes these things can be solved fairly easily, but if they have decided that there might be some fraud involved in your case, they might be sending your petition back to the United States and you don't want that...BELIEVE ME!!!

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
What exactly does the 221g letter say? What is checked off at the bottom of the letter? If the petition is being returned to the US, you need to go here-->http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

and do some reading.

But first, make sure they aren't requesting additional information that you can send in or hand carry to the consulate to get your visa. Sometimes these things can be solved fairly easily, but if they have decided that there might be some fraud involved in your case, they might be sending your petition back to the United States and you don't want that...BELIEVE ME!!!

221(g) from Casablanca is standard -- almost everyone gets it. The ones from Casablanca usually say there is additional administrative processing (that part may be in French).

On the other hand, if it says the case is being returned to USCIS, yes, you need to act quickly to stop the return.

My husband received the 221(g) stating that additional administrative processing was necessary. He received his visa two weeks later. They will do a name check, and there is no way to tell how long that will take. From what has been posted in the MENA forum here, it's usually less than a month, but there's no way to know.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
From what has been posted in the MENA forum here, it's usually less than a month, but there's no way to know.

(( IT'S USUALLY LESS THAN A MONTH ))

just cerious , do we have 2 ME/NA forums here !!!

maybe less than a month is the standard for (Casa) BUT not for ME/NA

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
From what has been posted in the MENA forum here, it's usually less than a month, but there's no way to know.

(( IT'S USUALLY LESS THAN A MONTH ))

just cerious , do we have 2 ME/NA forums here !!!

maybe less than a month is the standard for (Casa) BUT not for ME/NA

I'm sorry; yes, I was referring specifically to what has been posted about Casa in the MENA forum, since that's where most of the stats about Casa are. I know the AP wait at Cairo and some other consulates tends to be unbearably long. The OP specifically asked for Casa experiences, so that's what I tried to give. I should have phrased my reply better.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
till now no visa and it has been more than 5 weeks

our lawyer said let's wait an other week or two

i have a friend he waited 2 months after the interview

do i should do something or wait .......

If you are in AP, there is really not much you can do but wait.

Thank you julezabelle for replay , but i don't really know what AP means :wacko:

Timeline

Thank you julezabelle for replay , but i don't really know what AP means :wacko:

AP = Administrative Processing, which is quite common for Casa. Its just a fancy way of saying that they are doing some more background checks on you.

AP = Administrative Processing, which is quite common for Casa. Its just a fancy way of saying that they are doing some more background checks on you.

allright thanks again , that what my 221 g says back to the US

i have to choice but Waiting

Timeline

Does the 221g say that the petition is being sent back to the US????? If yes, then you should have taken action weeks ago! You should post this question in the Middle East / North Africa forum as there are people there who are very much more well versed in this situation that I am. Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.