Britchick

I am having a rough day.....

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am having one of those days where I am just so flabbergasted that I am STILL waiting for my FBI name check to clear so I can get my green card :( My application has been in for about 2 yrs now. My congressman who was assisting me and helping me by contacting the FBI just died, having suffered a heart attack...very sad, he was a very good guy!!!!

So...what do other VJ'ers do when they have those " I am fed up with waiting for this dang green card" kind of day?

Thanks for your support in advance

Edited by Britchick

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Have you tried emailing the USCIS ombudsman?

It says on their website

The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) provides recommendations for resolving individual and employer problems with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As mandated by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 § 452, CISOMB is an independent DHS office that reports directly to the DHS Deputy Secretary. The CIS Ombudsman:

* Assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with USCIS;

* Identifies areas in which individuals and employers have problems in dealing with USCIS; and

* Proposes changes to mitigate identified problems.

Contact the CIS Ombudsman

The CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to open and accessible communication with both individuals and employers and not only welcomes, but encourages your comments.

* Send Your Recommendations

* Case Problems

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Thank you...I havent but I will..........I also have added complications as they changed my A # on my file which the adjudication officer picked up at the interview AND they lost my first set of fingerprints....so I am not convinced there's not been another screw up along the way.

Thank you very much for your suggestion....it helps to think I can be proactive and DO something instead of just sitting here waiting !!!!!!!!!

So...what do other VJ'ers do when they have those " I am fed up with waiting for this dang green card" kind of day?

Drink! And post a rant on VJ, of course!

I had a look at your timeline. It looks like your interview was a day before ours. Sometimes I feel OK about the whole thing because I'm grateful that my husband and I are together and that the K-1 part of the process was relatively short (about six months). Other times I think about how long this has gone on and how expensive it has been just in renewing interim benefits (now twice the price), and I want to pry someone's eye out with a spoon. None of my family and friends can believe we're still waiting for the card.

I've come up with a new addition to my cranky and not very well received post a few months back, Proposed Visajourney Rule: If you're out of namecheck before you've had to renew interim benefits, you can't call it "namecheck hell."

Yours in despair,

Julie

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Timeline

Drink! And post a rant on VJ, of course!

I had a look at your timeline. It looks like your interview was a day before ours. Sometimes I feel OK about the whole thing because I'm grateful that my husband and I are together and that the K-1 part of the process was relatively short (about six months). Other times I think about how long this has gone on and how expensive it has been just in renewing interim benefits (now twice the price), and I want to pry someone's eye out with a spoon. None of my family and friends can believe we're still waiting for the card.

I've come up with a new addition to my cranky and not very well received post a few months back, Proposed Visajourney Rule: If you're out of namecheck before you've had to renew interim benefits, you can't call it "namecheck hell."Yours in despair,

Julie

:thumbs:

And you can't say 'finally' when you get the card either!

:P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

if u do write to ombudman be prepared for another wait. we waited maybe 45 days from when i sent the letter just to get a letter saying we will check into it and let u know in 45 days what we find. i think the middle of the month is 45 days and we still havent heard anything.

Thank you...I havent but I will..........I also have added complications as they changed my A # on my file which the adjudication officer picked up at the interview AND they lost my first set of fingerprints....so I am not convinced there's not been another screw up along the way.

Thank you very much for your suggestion....it helps to think I can be proactive and DO something instead of just sitting here waiting !!!!!!!!!

Screwed up my wife and daughters fingerprints and A# 2 times doing Biometrics. If I hadn't called the local office we may have still been waiting.

3rd time was a charm! :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi everyone,

I am having one of those days where I am just so flabbergasted that I am STILL waiting for my FBI name check to clear so I can get my green card :( My application has been in for about 2 yrs now. My congressman who was assisting me and helping me by contacting the FBI just died, having suffered a heart attack...very sad, he was a very good guy!!!!

We are in the same boat! Im sorry to hear about your congressman. We made an infopass and nothing was accomplished. Just the same story, it's in namecheck and you will be notified once its completed. It's been two years now for us as well. Has anybody had any success writing to Omanbudsman?

Edited by 77Maureen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wrote a letter to the ombudsman and got a form letter response a few weeks later. I don't know if someone actually looks into the case to make sure it is indeed just waiting on the background check. It can't hurt, though.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

We had our AOS interview in July and due to the I130 not being approved, it was unable to be approved at that time otherwise the officer said he could have approved us right on the spot. So my question is once the I130 is approved, does that mean we automatically get the green card or do we go for another interview?

(((huggles Britchick))) I understand.

When we get frustrated we look at Canadian real estate! :P (sorry - not helpful)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We had our AOS interview in July and due to the I130 not being approved, it was unable to be approved at that time otherwise the officer said he could have approved us right on the spot. So my question is once the I130 is approved, does that mean we automatically get the green card or do we go for another interview?

(((huggles Britchick))) I understand.

When we get frustrated we look at Canadian real estate! :P (sorry - not helpful)

Thanks everyone for your responses.... I know this whole thing is a "process" both for immigration but for us emotionally......I just hate this " I cannt do nothing"....I guess I am just too independant and like to get a job finished and done!!!! I also think after all this time the "control" factor comes in....which of course is never pretty :)

Anyway thanks again...it does help to know I am not alone...we sooooooooo need a VJ party!!!!!!

Anyway, I think I am over my melt down that I had a few days agao and realise of course theres really IS nothing I can do...except be blooming patient...I soooooooooooooooooo hate that word !! I will however write to the ombudsmen...its kind of therapy for me to feel like I am doing SOMETHING....although I am sure it will be pretty pointless.

Thanks again everyone :)

Shirley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.