shes

I NEED AN "A-Z" GUIDE FOR THE FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone! im new here so let me get this straight.... my fiance, (an american) and i decided to wedd and were both so excited about it. we've been together for more than 2 yrs and finally decided to settle down. but before that official wedding date comes, i know there will be filings and processing we need to go through first and that is for him to file the I-29F application to the USCIS. we're on the very 1st step on this and i posted this thread because i believe my fellow filipinos and other peeps from different countries here in VJ will be of great help for me and my fiance's dream of becoming together for life. i will make this thread an "update" on whats going on about OUR application up to last event of the processing and anyone who reads this thread and wants to give advice will be greatly appreciated from the bottom of me and my fiance's heart. thanks a bunch!

Our 1st concern: what do you think of the lists of what my fiance is planning to submit to the USCIS

I-29F

his and my Biographic info

passport style pictures of me and him

receipts from the hotels

receipts from the courier

boarding ticket

plane ticket

photocopies of the pages of his passport

love letters from me

printed out copies of chat logs and emails

pictures of us with captions at the back

a cd copy of a video clip of us (can we also send a "material" aside from paper documents,like a cd??)

are there anything else he needs to add up to all these stuffs?

2nd concern: do he also needs to send a copy of MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE together with all those stuffs with the I-29F

thanks hope to hear from you guys! blush.gif

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Welcome to VJ :thumbs: May I suggest you study the guide here on VJ and then if you have questions please ask. I am sure you will be able to manage the process and will be in America before you know it. Good luck :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Welcome to VJ :thumbs: May I suggest you study the guide here on VJ and then if you have questions please ask. I am sure you will be able to manage the process and will be in America before you know it. Good luck :thumbs:

ialready reviewed some of the posts here but ofcourse it will be much better if il sight specifically what me and my fiance are going through... so yeah about my 1st post hope someone can enlight me up with it. thanks so much! VJ is very helpful :thumbs:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

ialready reviewed some of the posts here but ofcourse it will be much better if il sight specifically what me and my fiance are going through... so yeah about my 1st post hope someone can enlight me up with it. thanks so much! VJ is very helpful :thumbs:

Shes,

Welcome... all it takes in here is patience! Once approved(NOA2) time will flies fast then...

God bless

riza

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Letter of intend and affidavit of support? You will need the affidavit at the interview for sure

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. 2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet. 3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example) 4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it. 5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example) 6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples) 7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example) 8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of [/color]<Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a. 9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example) 10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a. 11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship. 12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact. 13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order. 14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hi everyone! im new here so let me get this straight.... my fiance, (an american) and i decided to wedd and were both so excited about it. we've been together for more than 2 yrs and finally decided to settle down. but before that official wedding date comes, i know there will be filings and processing we need to go through first and that is for him to file the I-29F application to the USCIS. we're on the very 1st step on this and i posted this thread because i believe my fellow filipinos and other peeps from different countries here in VJ will be of great help for me and my fiance's dream of becoming together for life. i will make this thread an "update" on whats going on about OUR application up to last event of the processing and anyone who reads this thread and wants to give advice will be greatly appreciated from the bottom of me and my fiance's heart. thanks a bunch!

Our 1st concern: what do you think of the lists of what my fiance is planning to submit to the USCIS

cover letter including table of contents

I-129F

Check for the fee

his and my Biographic info G325a forms for each in quadruplicate

boarding ticket copies

plane ticket copies

a few pictures of us with captions at the back

2nd concern: do he also needs to send a copy of MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE together with all those stuffs with the I-29F

I've edited your list to reflect my recommendations. Some things were missing and some are better saved for the interview. The birth certificate is needed later but I did include one in the package for my wife as well.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

thank you so much kababayan! yeah i forgot to mention the letter of intent. thanks for reminding..with regards to that, is there a specific letter format? i've seen the example here in VJ, can i like copy the exact thing and just fill it in with my informations..like the names, address etc... i read your numbered requirements..thanks for that, but you didn't write down the G-325A of the BENEFICIARY.

my fiance needs that form signed and answered by me as well, right?

how about a copy of my birth certificate (i am the beneficiary) im just a bit confused with this cus there are some posts i read about sending his fiancee's birth certificate together with the other documents he sent with the I-129F?

about answering the G-325A form, there are some questions there that i dont know if i'll leave it blank or just put "none" or N/A on it..like on the blank provided for the "Former husbands and wives" section, i put there "None". but how about the following questions about it? like the first name, birth date, date and place of marriage, date and place of termination of marriage...will i also put "none" or N/A on those 4 follow up questions knowing i already indicated "none" on the "former husbands or wives" section

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline
I've edited your list to reflect my recommendations. Some things were missing and some are better saved for the interview. The birth certificate is needed later but I did include one in the package for my wife as well.

thanks pushbrk u reminded me about the check..

so my fiance will be needing a copy of my birth certificate to be submitted together with the I-129F as well...

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-29F

his and my Biographic info

receipts from the hotels

receipts from the courier

boarding ticket

plane ticket

love letters from me

printed out copies of chat logs and emails

pictures of us with captions at the back

a cd copy of a video clip of us (can we also send a "material" aside from paper documents,like a cd??)

Hi Shes! Here's what my fiancee submitted to USCIS. Hope this helps:

I-129F

G-325A (biographic information)

3 identical color passport-style photos (3 from him and 3 from me)

Copy of our birth certificate (ceritified or good photocopy)

2 copies of final filed Divorce Decrees (at least one copy is certified)

Photocopies of airline tickets and hotel bills

Photocopies of his passport photo page or page(s) with stamped date of entry and departure

Emails (15 from him and 15 from me)

12 photos of us together (if possible include photos of him together with your family)

Letter of Intent to Marry (one from him and one from me)

My Friendster Site

My Blog Site

Mark & Syvel

04-03-07 - Sent I-129F

04-10-07 - NOA1 Receipt Notice Date

04-14-07 - NOA1 hardcopy received

08-06-07 - Touched

08-07-07 - Touched

08-09-07 - NOA2 notice thru email from CRIS. Thank you LORD!

08-15-07 - NOA2 harcopy received

08-23-07 - NVC assigned case #

08-29-07 - NVC letter received in mail

09-13-07 - Got medical and interview schedule online

09-24-07 - Received packet 4

10-29-07 - St. Luke's Medical Appointment

11-05-07 - INTERVIEW (Approved)

11-12-07 - Visa on Hand

11-23-07 - Arrived N.C., USA - POE - Detroit

thanks pushbrk u reminded me about the check..

so my fiance will be needing a copy of my birth certificate to be submitted together with the I-129F as well...

a copy of beneficary's birth certificate is not required with submission of the I-129f. some do submit it, if they have it available.

also, check out the Philippine Forum here in VJ.

If you have any children, make sure they are listed on the I-129f.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome again to VJ. This is a good website. As you review the posts along with their A-Z of what is needed you will be set. I am having an Attorney do mine as I wanted it done correctly the first time. Although my Attorney did good it kind of takes away the mouth piece as to me contacting USIOC. Please be prepared for some delays as they had computer problems along with shutting down Texas for K1 so most are goign through California. If your fiance is from NE USA or Midwest you may go faster. Right now I received the letter (my Attorney received) on July 18th, 2007 and so far all it says is "received and pending". So I have had no touches since July 18th. Normally from the posts on this sight it was 30 days between pending and the touch or move. So as you can see I am somewhat frustrated. Oh well nothing to do but wait until next round.

I am estimating Marnelle's approval will be around December now then her interview appointment I am estimating will be in February. As you can see I am not getting my hopes up. Instead I am going to Cebu in November to visit her for 9 days. I lived there for 3 years so I am looking forward to going back to what I call home. Atlanta is not my home,,,, I am just passing through.

Keep copies of what you submit. You are on the right track. Marnelle notorized copies of her birth certificate, documents, hotel receipts and even our pictures. Not needed but she went overkill which cannot hurt.

Good luck,

Shawn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
thank you so much kababayan! yeah i forgot to mention the letter of intent. thanks for reminding..with regards to that, is there a specific letter format? i've seen the example here in VJ, can i like copy the exact thing and just fill it in with my informations..like the names, address etc... i read your numbered requirements..thanks for that, but you didn't write down the G-325A of the BENEFICIARY.

my fiance needs that form signed and answered by me as well, right?

how about a copy of my birth certificate (i am the beneficiary) im just a bit confused with this cus there are some posts i read about sending his fiancee's birth certificate together with the other documents he sent with the I-129F?

about answering the G-325A form, there are some questions there that i dont know if i'll leave it blank or just put "none" or N/A on it..like on the blank provided for the "Former husbands and wives" section, i put there "None". but how about the following questions about it? like the first name, birth date, date and place of marriage, date and place of termination of marriage...will i also put "none" or N/A on those 4 follow up questions knowing i already indicated "none" on the "former husbands or wives" section

You have to send a copy of your birth certificate. Dont leave any question blank put "none" if theres none and "n/a" if its not applicable. For more details check the example forms above in the site.

Timeline
You have to send a copy of your birth certificate. Dont leave any question blank put "none" if theres none and "n/a" if its not applicable. For more details check the example forms above in the site.
now im confused..me and my fiance read the I-129F instructions and it NEVER mentioned in there that the benefciary will also need to submit a Copy of BC. :wacko: and some of here says it should be submitted others says i dont have to,but only my fiance(the USC) is required to submit it...

anyways it wont hurt if i'll send a copy ,correct?? or it may just result into an RFE if i'll send something unrequired.

hope i can get a definite sure ball answer with regards to my question about the BC :help:

thanks for your suggestions VJ peeps! it really helps me and my fiance preparing for our application, i dont feel alone while fixing this whole thing (though my fiance is far from me right now) :crying: I MISSED HIM!!!!

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

now im confused..me and my fiance read the I-129F instructions and it NEVER mentioned in there that the benefciary will also need to submit a Copy of BC. :wacko: and some of here says it should be submitted others says i dont have to,but only my fiance(the USC) is required to submit it...

anyways it wont hurt if i'll send a copy ,correct?? or it may just result into an RFE if i'll send something unrequired.

hope i can get a definite sure ball answer with regards to my question about the BC :help:

thanks for your suggestions VJ peeps! it really helps me and my fiance preparing for our application, i dont feel alone while fixing this whole thing (though my fiance is far from me right now) :crying: I MISSED HIM!!!!

I sent only my copy of the BC. Joan will be here in 11 days. There's your answer.

Bill

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

You cant send anything on CD or an electronic format, it will just end up in the trash. They will not open anything on a CD due to security concerns.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.