shes

I NEED AN "A-Z" GUIDE FOR THE FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION

27 posts in this topic

You have to send a copy of your birth certificate. Dont leave any question blank put "none" if theres none and "n/a" if its not applicable. For more details check the example forms above in the site.
now im confused..me and my fiance read the I-129F instructions and it NEVER mentioned in there that the benefciary will also need to submit a Copy of BC. :wacko: and some of here says it should be submitted others says i dont have to,but only my fiance(the USC) is required to submit it...

anyways it wont hurt if i'll send a copy ,correct?? or it may just result into an RFE if i'll send something unrequired.

hope i can get a definite sure ball answer with regards to my question about the BC :help:

thanks for your suggestions VJ peeps! it really helps me and my fiance preparing for our application, i dont feel alone while fixing this whole thing (though my fiance is far from me right now) :crying: I MISSED HIM!!!!

you are correct that the birth certificate of the beneficary is NOT required to be submitted with the I-129f. what the USCIS is concerned with is that the petitioner is a USC, therefore eligible to file a I-129f.

If you do submit the beneficary's birth certificate, it will not cause an RFE.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
you are correct that the birth certificate of the beneficary is NOT required to be submitted with the I-129f. what the USCIS is concerned with is that the petitioner is a USC, therefore eligible to file a I-129f.

If you do submit the beneficary's birth certificate, it will not cause an RFE.

thanks Roy and Yazi..tomorrow im going to send my important papers to my fiance in the us. we're on the process of polishing the requirements he'll send to uscis.

i am just wondering if,2-4 copies of hotel receipts will just be fine? i heard lots of people here mentioned they do include some copies of receipts on a particular foreign country were their fiance(e) lives. hows that with me and my fiance? since he stayed in his friends house, his grand parents house and at our house on his most recent vacation here..he really never checked in any hotel during his vacations here, from 10 years old til he met me, he never went to a hotel for days of stay...well for a day, yes. thats with me.we do have hotel receipts but as i've said theres only 2-4..any advice with that? are hotel receipts a must in the application?

aside from those hotel receipts he'll send his mabuhay miles account copies (filipino knows what mabuhay miles is), airline tickets... he dont have his boarding tickets, he thinks he lost it..is it ok if theres no boarding tickets?..just the other tickets

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I just want to point out that while the beneficiary's birth certificate is not required according to the I129-f instructions, there have been reports from VJers who have gotten an RFE for not having it with the packet. Should you choose to include it, make certain it is translated into English.

Timeline
I just want to point out that while the beneficiary's birth certificate is not required according to the I129-f instructions, there have been reports from VJers who have gotten an RFE for not having it with the packet. Should you choose to include it, make certain it is translated into English.
oh is that so? ok will it be fine if my fiance send a copy of my BC as well?

question for the letter of intent to marry... the example of VJ, indicated the address of USCIS, ours is for California...im just wondering about how United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is wirtten on the format example..

these 2 should really be as one together?? "United State Department of Homeland Security" then under it is "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services"

do you guys used the same exact thing as what VJ set here as an example?

Edited by shes

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

he peeps! can u pls tell me if there will be a problem with the Letter of intent i sent to my fiance( the petitioner) ...here it is.. hope to get feedback from you guys..

Statement of Intent

xxxxxMY NAMExxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxMY ADDRESSxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. BOX 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

September 12, 2007

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, xxxxxxMY NAMExxxxxx, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry xxxxMY FIANCE'S NAMExxxx, and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

xxxxxMY NAME (with signature)xxxxxxxx

is this correct VJs?

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hi Shes,

Just a question, did you read the guides at all?

I'm just wondering many of the questions you are asking are covered by them.

Ramos

He glanced at them but preferred some hand holding.

Timeline
Hi Shes,

Ramos

I did and copy pasted it on my documents but i made this thread SPECIFICALLY ABOUT ME AND FIANCE'S OWN APPLICATION.

i decided to update this thread regularly to what's been going on in our application AND I ASKED VJ PEOPLE ON MY 1ST MESSAGE ON THIS THREAD TO POST THEIR COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, REACTIONS AND HELP WITH REGARDS TO OUR FIANCE APPLICATION.

I made this because i heard and what i can see upon reading the threads and posts of people here on VJ, THAT THEY REALLY ANSWER AND HELP SOMEONES PERSONAL QUESTION.

and i hope same thing will happen with my case :thumbs:

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Shes!

i was reading a few of the replies here. everything looks fine as you have listed them. but just wud like to suggest that u shud not miss sending together with those documents u mentioned ur birth certificate. it wont really harm u at all if u send it, so at least send a copy. another important document, if u have receipt of the engagement ring he gave u, u may include that. and 1 impt thing is to remind ur fiance not to forget to sign the I-129F, that will for sure cause a delay. i am just basing it from our experience.

u will just be fine. God bless.

BobGie

Hi Shes!

i was reading a few of the replies here. everything looks fine as you have listed them. but just wud like to suggest that u shud not miss sending together with those documents u mentioned ur birth certificate. it wont really harm u at all if u send it, so at least send a copy. another important document, if u have receipt of the engagement ring he gave u, u may include that. and 1 impt thing is to remind ur fiance not to forget to sign the I-129F, that will for sure cause a delay. i am just basing it from our experience.

BobGie

Timeline
Hi Shes,

Ramos

I did and copy pasted it on my documents but i made this thread SPECIFICALLY ABOUT ME AND FIANCE'S OWN APPLICATION.

i decided to update this thread regularly to what's been going on in our application AND I ASKED VJ PEOPLE ON MY 1ST MESSAGE ON THIS THREAD TO POST THEIR COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, REACTIONS AND HELP WITH REGARDS TO OUR FIANCE APPLICATION.

I made this because i heard and what i can see upon reading the threads and posts of people here on VJ, THAT THEY REALLY ANSWER AND HELP SOMEONES PERSONAL QUESTION.

and i hope same thing will happen with my case :thumbs:

The guides here in Visajourney give you an A to Z step by step process on K1 visa process. If you want it specific to the philippines you should post on www.theworldoffilipinas.com

there you will find everything specific to the philippines k1 and k3 immigration.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
Hi Shes!

BobGie

thanks a bunch! :thumbs:

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

chris thanks alot!

wishing you the bestest

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.