Jeff and Sofia

Laid off

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, I'm trying not to freak out...but

I submitted the 129F back in April, still waiting for NOA2...

I was just laid off at work, and wondering if I will need to report this change on my G325A?

Can I wait to find a new job, and let the NOA2 process normally? Then inform the Consulate of the job change at the interview.

Not sure exactly what to do.

Thanks to anyone who might have some insights.

04/30/07 - Mailed in I-129F via USPS Express Next Day

05/02/07 - USPS confirms I-129F delivered to T.AKEO at INS, CSC

05/23/07 - CSC confirms receipt of I-129F

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

10/19/07 - USCIS, CSC sends to NVC

10/29/07 - NVC sends to Ciudad Juarez

11/15/07 - CJ Consulate sends Fiance Packet - Fiance never receives - Will use American copy

01/03/08 - Medical Exam in Juarez

01/04/08 - Interview at Consulate - K1 VISA APPROVED!!!

Planning a Spring wedding in May!

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

Timeline

No reason to report anything to USCIS - they would never match it up to your file anyway. When it's time for the interview in CDJ, you will provide up-to-date information regarding your job in the form of a letter from your current employer, paystubs, etc. It's not unusual for a job change to take place during processing - not a big deal.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
No reason to report anything to USCIS - they would never match it up to your file anyway. When it's time for the interview in CDJ, you will provide up-to-date information regarding your job in the form of a letter from your current employer, paystubs, etc. It's not unusual for a job change to take place during processing - not a big deal.

The up to date job information will be in your supporting documents to the I-134. No need to deal with any of it until then. An employer letter could be part of that but is not required. I-134 asks you to state your current occupation and annual income. It is customary to offer tax transcripts and pay stubs to support the statement of current income.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The up to date job information will be in your supporting documents to the I-134. No need to deal with any of it until then. An employer letter could be part of that but is not required. I-134 asks you to state your current occupation and annual income. It is customary to offer tax transcripts and pay stubs to support the statement of current income.

Ciudad Juarez doesn't use the I-134. Therefore an employer letter is a rather important piece of proof for most people.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok, I'm trying not to freak out...but

I submitted the 129F back in April, still waiting for NOA2...

I was just laid off at work, and wondering if I will need to report this change on my G325A?

Can I wait to find a new job, and let the NOA2 process normally? Then inform the Consulate of the job change at the interview.

Not sure exactly what to do.

Thanks to anyone who might have some insights.

Hey Jeff,

Sorry about your situation. I was laid off the day before my wife arrived here, so it was after her interview, but it had me worried about AOS later on. Once you receive the NOA2 and the interview date, you'll be required to produce a letter from your employer, indicating your job status and salary. I don't think it should be a problem unless you are still unemployed by the time of the interview. I was out of work for nearly 2 months, but was able to submit the letter from my new employer for the AOS. Our interview is at the end of this month, but I'm confident it will be a non-issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.