kits_24_faith

FROM RFE TO NAO2..

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you ladywhite.. I just thank God for all the blessings even though me and my fiancee are going through tough times due to the long wait. I know it will come..and we are praying for the NOA2 and also for lots of patience and leave it to God.. our timing and the USCIS's timing may not be perfect..but God's timing is always perfect..not too early or too late..

You know, i read somewhere else that you planned on bringing your love in January 2008 ( After Christmas) if thats your plan anyway, i would not worry so much about not getting approved yet. you have nearly 4 months till that time to come, so why worry? you will be approved by then.

I want my baby to come to me now! and as soon as she gets her visa, she is coming the next day! so obviously were more on edge at waiting. But you have time cause thats what you wanted anyway. Right? so don't worry or get stressed out.

Harout

I-129F Progress

April 03 2007 = Sent Original Packet U.S.P.S. Priority Mail

April 04 2007 = Delivery to CSC Confirmed

April 09 2007 = NOA1 Notice Date

April 11 2007 = NOA1 Received by Post

April 11 2007 = Check Cashed

July 26 2007 = NOA2 Notice Through Email & USCIS Site

Aug 01 2007 = NOA2 Received by Post

Aug 13 2007 = NVC Received File

Aug 15 2007 = NVC sent file to London Embassy

Aug 23 2007 = Packet 3 Received by Post

Aug 28 2007 = Packet 3 Sent To Embassy

Sep 04 2007 = Medical

Sep 18 2007 = Packet 4 Received by Post

OCTOBER 5th 2007 Interview Date / VISA Issued!

OCTOBER 26 2007 U.S. Arrival

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thank you ladywhite.. I just thank God for all the blessings even though me and my fiancee are going through tough times due to the long wait. I know it will come..and we are praying for the NOA2 and also for lots of patience and leave it to God.. our timing and the USCIS's timing may not be perfect..but God's timing is always perfect..not too early or too late..

You know, i read somewhere else that you planned on bringing your love in January 2008 ( After Christmas) if thats your plan anyway, i would not worry so much about not getting approved yet. you have nearly 4 months till that time to come, so why worry? you will be approved by then.

I want my baby to come to me now! and as soon as she gets her visa, she is coming the next day! so obviously were more on edge at waiting. But you have time cause thats what you wanted anyway. Right? so don't worry or get stressed out.

Harout

Have a little empathy. I see from your timeline you did not have to wait 140 days plus for approval and that you are almost at the end of your journey. Kits_24_faith is still waiting to move on. Do you really believe he should be less stressed because he will not be bringing his fiancee here until January? Maybe I am missing something! :blink:

Edited by afterforever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Harout

Sorry buddy..most of us here, if not all, know before we all have filed for this type of petition that we have made plans and have expected dates to have your SO here. Like we all have a good idea that it takes atleast 6-8 months from filing to the arrival of SO here in the US. Unfortunately there are some that have to go through the hard way by waiting longer. Not everyone gets through this journey smoothly like most others have. I filed back in March and after 5 months got an RFE instead of a NOA2, which I can understand. But after the case has resumed it is still taking a lot of time even though for the fact that officers work on RFE first thing when they get to work. I have also searched some members here that had a RFE and took just days or a couple of weeks to get their NOA2. So you see, me and my fiancee are just having it the hard way, unfortunately. I'm already waiting 6 months for my NOA2 to come and I am aware as well that another 3-4 months before she gets here. NVC, medical, interview.. etc.. because of the wait that we are going through we have to keep pushing things back. I am very happy for those that had gone through this process the way it's suppose to be, withouth the extra long wait. A little encouragement wouldn't hurt and would be greatly appreciated. I was really expecting her to be hear around October because her birthday is in that month, or atleast before the end of the year. Well, I guess I go back and just keep waiting and praying. Thanks for those who have given me their understanding and encouragements.

I-129F

Sent I-129F on March 19, 2007

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

Touched on August 8, 2007 (RFE NOTICE)

August 13, 2007 received RFE

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Touched August 22: RFE received and case resumed

Touched October 2, 2007 (NOTICE OF APPROVAL)

THANK YOU THANK YOU JESUS!

November 13, 2007: NVC reiceved our case

November 14, 2007: MNL Case #

November 15, 2007: Sent to MNLA

November 20, 2007: Case arrive in USEM

November 24, 2007: Got medical and interview dates

November 29, 2007: She received packet 4

December 27, 2007: Medical

January 2, 2008: Went back for MMR & Results

January 2, 2008: Passed Medical!! THANK YOU GOD!

January 2, 2008: Sent documents via Fedex

January 5, 2008: Fiancee received documents

January 9, 2008: Interview! APPROVED! THANK YOU JESUS!

January 10, 2008: Received a call from USEM

January 11, 2008: Pick up Visa at 9AM

January 11, 2008: CFO (COMPLETED)

February 5, 2008: Me arriving in Philippines

February 12, 2008: TOGETHER FOREVER!

February 12, 2008: Arrival in the USA

April 12, 2008: WEDDING!

Timeline
Have a little empathy. I see from your timeline you did not have to wait 140 days plus for approval and that you are almost at the end of your journey. Kits_24_faith is still waiting to move on. Do you really believe he should be less stressed because he will not be bringing his fiancee here until January? Maybe I am missing something! :blink:

you are missing something! If you can't see that i was trying to calm him down a bit, then i don't know what to tell you. It doesn't matter if he's 140 days or I'm 120 days, the fact is we are all still waiting, right? My plans of having my SO here has come and gone, his plans are still in the future, so what don't you understand about this? Read again what i wrote, carefully this time, before you question my empathy and maybe you'll understand how i was trying to make him see the bright side.

Another fact remains that some might get there NOA2 quicker than others but in no way does that mean his SO will come into the states quicker. Kits SO could very well come before somemone who has already gotten an NOA2, nothing in this process is set in stone and at any givin time your case could be held back.

Harout

I-129F Progress

Sep 04 2007 = Medical

Timeline

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with anyone, i was trying to make him see the bright side. thats all.... have a good day!

I-129F Progress

Sep 04 2007 = Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Harout

Sorry buddy..most of us here, if not all, know before we all have filed for this type of petition that we have made plans and have expected dates to have your SO here. Like we all have a good idea that it takes atleast 6-8 months from filing to the arrival of SO here in the US. Unfortunately there are some that have to go through the hard way by waiting longer. Not everyone gets through this journey smoothly like most others have. I filed back in March and after 5 months got an RFE instead of a NOA2, which I can understand. But after the case has resumed it is still taking a lot of time even though for the fact that officers work on RFE first thing when they get to work. I have also searched some members here that had a RFE and took just days or a couple of weeks to get their NOA2. So you see, me and my fiancee are just having it the hard way, unfortunately. I'm already waiting 6 months for my NOA2 to come and I am aware as well that another 3-4 months before she gets here. NVC, medical, interview.. etc.. because of the wait that we are going through we have to keep pushing things back. I am very happy for those that had gone through this process the way it's suppose to be, withouth the extra long wait. A little encouragement wouldn't hurt and would be greatly appreciated. I was really expecting her to be hear around October because her birthday is in that month, or atleast before the end of the year. Well, I guess I go back and just keep waiting and praying. Thanks for those who have given me their understanding and encouragements.

I guess he also did not read what you wrote "carefully". Doesn't look like you "calmed" him down.

Hang in their Kits_24_faith. I know it is tough but we will get there. :thumbs: Good luck to you also kmplisa. It is hard for everyone going through this process.

Edited by afterforever

Timeline

you are missing something! If you can't see that i was trying to calm him down a bit, then i don't know what to tell you. It doesn't matter if he's 140 days or I'm 120 days, the fact is we are all still waiting, right? My plans of having my SO here has come and gone, his plans are still in the future, so what don't you understand about this? Read again what i wrote, carefully this time, before you question my empathy and maybe you'll understand how i was trying to make him see the bright side.

Another fact remains that some might get there NOA2 quicker than others but in no way does that mean his SO will come into the states quicker. Kits SO could very well come before somemone who has already gotten an NOA2, nothing in this process is set in stone and at any givin time your case could be held back.

Harout

Umm.. I'm not really trying to argue.. um I wasn't so sure what you mean by calming me down because when you replied to what I posted I wasn't even in a rage or in any angry way.. this is what I said and to where you replied, "Thank you ladywhite.. I just thank God for all the blessings even though me and my fiancee are going through tough times due to the long wait. I know it will come..and we are praying for the NOA2 and also for lots of patience and leave it to God.. our timing and the USCIS's timing may not be perfect..but God's timing is always perfect..not too early or too late.."

I sounded calm there and even thanking God.. hehehe.. oh well I guess just a misunderstanding..

I-129F

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Kits_24_Faith, I was just checking in on you to see if you've heard anything about your case (RFE) yet? They said it could take up to 30 days and 30 days has now passed, so what are they telling you now?

V.

5/1/2007 ~ NOA1

8/22/2007 ~ RFE

9/10/2007 ~ NOA2 APPROVED!!

10/15/2007 ~ Arrived at NVC

10/17/2007 ~ Left NVC

11/6/2007 ~ Interview APPROVED!!

11/19/2007 ~ Arrive in US!

12/08/2007 ~ Married!!

Timeline
Kits_24_Faith, I was just checking in on you to see if you've heard anything about your case (RFE) yet? They said it could take up to 30 days and 30 days has now passed, so what are they telling you now?

V.

Congratulations on your very quick approval. Did you make it already to NVC? Keep us posted. Well, when I called back in early September the person I talked to said it usually takes 30 days before they can get it out off their desks. I know it sais on the update that the time period they gave is 60 days from the RFE response that the case has resumed. I will call this Friday if I do not have my NOA2 yet and tell them that it's been more than 30 days. I will keep you posted and thank you very much nyblubird for the concern. I really appreciate you a lot and it feels good to have someone that do care. I wish you the best and God bless.

I-129F

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Timeline

Harout

I wonder if there is a specific issue around south asian or the philippines, seems like either there is a lot of us with filipino wives and/or fiancées that are lagging behind the curve.

Like yourselves, we made plans based on the trends, only to have them squashed by this process. Now we wait. Lonely for each other on both sides of the planet. Separated by a process that we neither control, nor have insight into.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Our timeline..

06/27/2004 Met on the internet

[....] lots of things happen

02/10/2007 Met in person

[....]

04/11/2007 Sent NOA1

04/19/2007 Receipt Date

04/24/2007 Touch

[....]

06/26/2007 Met in person second time, this time with our kids

[....]

08/24/2007 Called CSC with Lawyer (We were told case was with an officer now)

08/26/2007 Touch

08/29/2007 Touch

08/30/2007 Touch

09/05/2007 Called CSC and was told we now have a RFE that was sent already .. they can't tell us what it is over the phone (#######?)

09/04/2007 RFE Date (sure enough there was one)

09/14/2007 RFE received (for information originally included in the packet)

09/14/2007 RFE response returned.. including letter to the effect the information was already in the package and another copy of same

09/26/2007 REF AGAIN for the same information, looks like a copy of the same letter as before

09/27/2007 RFE response returned via fedex, letter from the lawyer included

[...]

10/01/2007 electronic notification of receipt of RFE information & touch on the website.

10/02/2007 Touch

10/11/2007 Approval notice sent. "On October 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice...."

[...]

11/27/2007 Call to NVC and FINALLY a receipt number.

12/08/2007 Found ourselves on the IPV website and confirmed with a call

[...]

12/22/2007 Third in person meeting, christmas and new years

[...]

01/30/2008 St. Luke's PASSED!!!!

02/07/2008 Embassy APPROVED!!!!

02/11/2008 Pick up Visa

02/14/2008 Arrive @ home in the US

05/01/2009 Green Card Arrived.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Some take a week or 2 some like mine can take up to 60 days. dont sit around stressing over it taking 60 days, but try not to get your hopes up to getting your approval in a week or 2 either.

this is why when you call USCIS they tell you it can take up to 60 days and if you havent heard anything after 60 days to call them back.

good luck in a speedy NOA2

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Harout

I would also, try to remember, your going thru a high fraud country, and could take a bit longer than you are expecting. i sure hope not, i dont wish it on anyone, but dont expect a certain time when it comes to USCIS.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Harout

I would also, try to remember, your going thru a high fraud country, and could take a bit longer than you are expecting. i sure hope not, i dont wish it on anyone, but dont expect a certain time when it comes to USCIS.

Well I am really not so sure if my country has a high fraud.. but if so then I'm so sad to know about that.. but anyways there are several here that have their So's in the Philippines and their cases went smoothly.. I guess it's really on each individuals case..some go smoothly and some just aren't.. thanks..

I-129F

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Timeline

I also have called yesterday (tuesday) and couldn't wait till friday ehehhe.. but anyways I talked to a nice guy and told him that 30 days have gone by after the case has resumed due to a RFE and he told me that the officer is reviewing it and should hear a final decision soon.. (but ofcourse soon could mean anytime now till who knows hehehe). But I'll be positive and hope that he is correct. Hopefully I pray that before this months ends I'll have my NOA2.. Thanks guys

I-129F

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dear fellow VJERS..

I would like to ask for your help, especially those who have any backgrounds or info, or had gone through RFEs before. I would like to have an idea how long it really takes to get the NOA2 right after you get the update that the case has resumed due to receiving the RFE. I got the RFE letter in the mail August 13 and mailed it the same day express. USCIS received it on August 14, but I got the updated that the case has resumed on August 22, which means it took about a week before it got to the officer. So till now I am waiting for my NOA2 and I can't take it anymore. I don't want to wait any longer. Besides I still have to do more waiting once I get the NOA2, but this step is so unbearable. I don't want to call because it will just generate a touch and would be worthless. I want a LEGIT TOUCH. Thank you guys.

September 18, 2007- case resumed

September 24, 2007-we received noa2 hard copy

we were just expecting the e-mail but got the hard copy instead. i hope you get yours soon :yes::thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

May 26, 2007 I-129F NOA1 [/font][/size]

August 27, 2007 RFE e-mail notice

September 18, 2007 Case processing has resumed

September 24, 2007 NOA2 hard copy

November 17, 2007 Packet 4 arrived

November 29, 2007 Medical

December 6, 2007 Interview approved

December 13, 2007 Visa delivered

December 14, 2007 CFO seminar and sticker St. Mary's

AOS

March 21, 2008 - Mailed AOS application

November 4, 2008 - Interview

December 24, 2008 - Greencard received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.