PJ525

K3 Visa and currently out of the Country

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.

Have read almost all of the postings and it's very refreshing to know that some of the topics really help lots of people

Anyways, I am new to this so hopefully I'd be able to get good advises.

Well, here it goes..

I am a K3 VISA holder since November 2006. I flew in to LA as my entry port last March 30th of 2007. My husband and then discovered that we are exactly alike in so many ways. Plus, homesick blues was more of an hindrance in making things work. Also, my husband wasn't also helping me out kick out those blues. I was always left at home since he has to travel an hour and a half to and from work. In short, I was freaking out with the computer making long chats with people back at my place (I think, world's apart). Eating lots of chips to wipe away those odd feeling of depression. I made those walks to the shop just to ease myself. Nothing helped with the homesick feeling. I was hoping that my husband will somehow make a connection with me and have a better understanding about my situation. To no avail, he remianed in his world.

We then decided to give each other space.

My husband, being the USC sent me back home in my own country. Saying that he doesn't want me to be in U.S. and be like other illegal aliens staying in his country. I had no plans myself that, too. I was just aghast on how low he looks at us (being Filipinos) and sees himself as superior. I remained quiet and never spoken what's on my mind. I am not so fond of arguments, so I chose to be quiet and keep "not so good" things within my mind.

He then claimed that I won't be able to come back to US anymore. He even told me that I don't have the money for fare, anyway. Well, the nerve! He also said that he'll be filing divorce right away.

In short, I was sent back to my country last April 17th of 2007.

I am planning to go back in US and go San Francisco as my port of entry.

Have realized that he hasn't filed anything.

I want to fight for my rights since we've been married for 3 years. I entered to our marriage in good faith and has always been faithful with him.

Will USCIS recognize a verbal or written advise about our separation then (without any annulment or divorce documents proof)?

Will the Immigration block me when I arrive in my port of entry?

My K3 VISA is still valid and I have only stayed outside US for 140 days, will I be questioned with so many things that will deny my entry?

If I am allowed to get in, will I be able to file AOS on my own?

Advise anyone, please?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi.

Have read almost all of the postings and it's very refreshing to know that some of the topics really help lots of people

Anyways, I am new to this so hopefully I'd be able to get good advises.

Well, here it goes..

I am a K3 VISA holder since November 2006. I flew in to LA as my entry port last March 30th of 2007. My husband and then discovered that we are exactly alike in so many ways. Plus, homesick blues was more of an hindrance in making things work. Also, my husband wasn't also helping me out kick out those blues. I was always left at home since he has to travel an hour and a half to and from work. In short, I was freaking out with the computer making long chats with people back at my place (I think, world's apart). Eating lots of chips to wipe away those odd feeling of depression. I made those walks to the shop just to ease myself. Nothing helped with the homesick feeling. I was hoping that my husband will somehow make a connection with me and have a better understanding about my situation. To no avail, he remianed in his world.

We then decided to give each other space.

My husband, being the USC sent me back home in my own country. Saying that he doesn't want me to be in U.S. and be like other illegal aliens staying in his country. I had no plans myself that, too. I was just aghast on how low he looks at us (being Filipinos) and sees himself as superior. I remained quiet and never spoken what's on my mind. I am not so fond of arguments, so I chose to be quiet and keep "not so good" things within my mind.

He then claimed that I won't be able to come back to US anymore. He even told me that I don't have the money for fare, anyway. Well, the nerve! He also said that he'll be filing divorce right away.

In short, I was sent back to my country last April 17th of 2007.

I am planning to go back in US and go San Francisco as my port of entry.

Have realized that he hasn't filed anything.

I want to fight for my rights since we've been married for 3 years. I entered to our marriage in good faith and has always been faithful with him.

Will USCIS recognize a verbal or written advise about our separation then (without any annulment or divorce documents proof)?

Will the Immigration block me when I arrive in my port of entry?

My K3 VISA is still valid and I have only stayed outside US for 140 days, will I be questioned with so many things that will deny my entry?

If I am allowed to get in, will I be able to file AOS on my own?

Advise anyone, please?

I expect you will be allowed entry because your visa is valid. However, in your description of the events and relationship, I dont' see a circumstance under which you can complete the adjustment of status to permanent resident. You'll need a sponsor and since your status adjustment depends on a bona fide ongoing marriage relationship, your husband will need to corroborate that such a relationship exists.

Your post seems to indicate you too, think the marriage is not viable. It is the viable marriage that gives you the right to stay in the US as a permanent resident. Without some other valid reason for staying, you will not be allowed to stay past the time allowed on your I-94 at your next or subsequent most recent entry.

It appears your time living together as man and wife in the US was only 18 days.

On what basis do you think you should be granted permanent residence in the US?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you come back wont you get HOMESI CK again?? esp without the husband with y ou

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.