52 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
My langa likes to dream. (L):blush:

Maybe you should listen to her :P

Japanese cars are so incredibly boring otherwise.

I'm a point A to point B kinda guy. Maybe we should switch wives? :P j/k and please no more polls.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm a point A to point B kinda guy. Maybe we should switch wives? :P j/k and please no more polls.

LOL - I'll ask her. She's originally from California, so it'd be easy for her. :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

LOL - I'll ask her. She's originally from California, so it'd be easy for her. :P

You mean you married a granola eating hippie? Oh boy, wait until the other Marc hears about this.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You mean you married a granola eating hippie? Oh boy, wait until the other Marc hears about this.

100% American Grade A Granola-Eating Tree-Hugging Hippie from San-Francisco

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

100% American Grade A Granola-Eating Tree-Hugging Hippie from San-Francisco

Careful. Saying that might make some here go into convulsions. Well she MUST be a member of the Communist Party then.

Timeline
Careful. Saying that might make some here go into convulsions. Well she MUST be a member of the Communist Party then.

She's not THAT bad. :whistle:

You don't have to tell me that. I'm just telling you what gets thrown my way all the time. ;)

Timeline
I'd rather get a root canal than go out and buy a car.

How come?

If you go into a car dealership without a good idea what you want and how much is a fair price, you're screwed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We eventually managed to get me a used car. It involved a lot of searching, time and energy but in the end I'd say we got a really good deal. We got a 98 Mercury Tracer (basic model) for less than $2,700 (including Tax, Title, Tag, Registration). Blue Book had it valued at around $3,500 in good condition. No loans, no greedy bank to repay and no stupid car payments every month :dance: .. I work for us not some big greedy bank.

We took along a friend who knew what they where doing (we couldn't afford a mechanic, if you can take one). We researched online, auto trader, local papers used the blue book to get a feel for prices. Like I said it takes time and a lot of energy. You have to decide which is best... easy buy now repay the bank forever or do some work, save up some cash and get it free and clear! :yes:

I'd personally avoid the "no credit no problem" places like the plague! Don't touch them, if they don't get you with insane (should be illegal) interest rates then they will get you with other fees or excessive late fees. Either way they will extract the very soul from your body and consume it payment by payment until nothing is left. :hehe: My opinion used cars with warranty are and could be good but you will pay over the value for it but you'll buy peace of mind.

If I where you... I'd bring my peace of mind with me (a trusted mechanic), check the VIN's, negotiate a price and get something decent and used for cheap! Then get something new or almost new when all is more stable and secure money wise plus you now have a trade in :)

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.