apgk

Medical in Moscow - Blood test.....empty stomach?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not think there are any special pre-medical preparations required... I am very certain that a pre-medical enema is not required ... :)

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have never heard of them reqesting the ladies to fast.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is fasting a problem?

If they only draw blood to check for HIV or Syphillis, it doesn't matter. But if it's blood sugar, chemistry, and all this good stuff, I would fast.

I had my medical done in the U.S., and I think I had to fast, even though the medical in the U.S. is not half as detailed as when it's done abroad.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Nope, they test for STDs and HIV and tuberculosis, that's it. They are concerned about tuberculosis more than AIDS 'cause the former is a more social disease. But they have no right to refuse visa based on the medical that's why they never tell the results and nobody opens the envelope. They will warn about any serious stuff found (again, tuberculosis is the main concern) and offer treatment and may delay visa, but they can't refuse it.

So fasting is really unnecessary, 'cause your level of cholesterol can't be a threat to the health of society, where else, AIDS or HIV or tube can be.

Timeline
But they have no right to refuse visa based on the medical that's why they never tell the results and nobody opens the envelope. They will warn about any serious stuff found (again, tuberculosis is the main concern) and offer treatment and may delay visa, but they can't refuse it.

This is based on what?

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
But they have no right to refuse visa based on the medical that's why they never tell the results and nobody opens the envelope. They will warn about any serious stuff found (again, tuberculosis is the main concern) and offer treatment and may delay visa, but they can't refuse it.

This is based on what?

I asked the officials when I had my medical.

Timeline

This is based on what?

I asked the officials when I had my medical.

There are Class A medical conditions that do render an applicant inadmissable and then there are Class B medical conditions that do not.. Maybe that is what the Officials were speaking about...

(a) Medical Grounds of Inadmissibility Defined . Section 212(a)(1)(A) of the Act designates four categories that render an applicant for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status inadmissible on medical grounds. The medical grounds are determined according to the regulations published by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) at 42 CFR part 34. The required medical exam, discussed in Chapter 23.3(B), below, must be performed according to the specific guidelines published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These are the Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States , used by civil surgeons in the United States, and the Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens , used by panel physicians abroad. ( Technical Instructions) . The Technical Instructions have the force of a regulation. See 42 CFR 34.3(f). They can be accessed online at: www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/technica.htm . If the medical condition found by the panel physician or civil surgeon falls under any of the four categories described below, the civil surgeon or panel physician must certify it as Class A in order for the applicant to be inadmissible on medical grounds. Class B medical conditions are defined at 42 CFR § 34.2(e) as physical or mental abnormalities, diseases, or disabilities serious in degree or permanent in nature amounting to a substantial departure from normal well-being; however, they do not render the applicant inadmissible on medical grounds. Waivers are discussed in Chapter 41.3.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...337dc3d19183a79

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Nope, they test for STDs and HIV and tuberculosis, that's it. They are concerned about tuberculosis more than AIDS 'cause the former is a more social disease. But they have no right to refuse visa based on the medical that's why they never tell the results and nobody opens the envelope. They will warn about any serious stuff found (again, tuberculosis is the main concern) and offer treatment and may delay visa, but they can't refuse it.

So fasting is really unnecessary, 'cause your level of cholesterol can't be a threat to the health of society, where else, AIDS or HIV or tube can be.

I recently came to know the immigration medical is going to be tough - they are going to do complete

lipid screening including LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, high density lipids, low density lipids etc as they

want to ascertain if the cholesterol issue is genetic. If genetic, then they are concerned that future

generations living in US will carry this gene mutation.

ok i totally made this up ;)

but thank you all !! :)

Americans are already fat enough, I'm pretty sure importing any new genes will help, not hurt our gene pool.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Americans are already fat enough, I'm pretty sure importing any new genes will help, not hurt our gene pool.

Walk around any American city and look at the women and than walk around a Russian city and look at the women and you might think those genes are pretty desirable. Not a bad view either.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Walk around any American city and look at the women and than walk around a Russian city and look at the women and you might think those genes are pretty desirable. Not a bad view either.

Although I don't look at women that much, I'd say there are enough fat women in Russia. Maybe not as many as here though - they say 30% of people in the state of Mississippi are overweight :blink:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

From the moment I stepped off the plane in Russia, I was impressed. The subway, the market, anywhere you go in Russia, there are gorgeous women going about their daily business. I have yet to find a place in the U.S. (or anywhere in the world for that matter) with a percentage of beautiful women so high.

(As a side note, this past weekend I was explaining the concept of "feis kontrol" to a buddy of mine while we were waiting in line to get into a club here... waiting next to some girls that, in Russia, would've definitely been "feised!")

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
"feised!")

please translate Slim

October 01, 2007 Package mailed to Vermont

October 02, 2007 Package delivered to Vermont at 10:06 by FedEx

October 03, 2007 NOA1 Notice Date

October 07, 2007 Touched

October 09, 2007 NOA1 Snail Mail

October 11, 2007 Check Cashed

October 23, 2007 Touched, suspect because of change of address by Petitioner

October 24, 2007 Touched again, no idea why

January 10, 2008 Touched

January 11, 2008 Touched again

January 16, 2008 Officially canceled but we will find a way to be together, either in Holland or some other country.

"feised!")

please translate Slim

Russian night clubs have security/bouncers at the front door to control entry, just like here in the U.S., except their personnel have an added task - feis kontrol. (Face control.)

Face control literally controls the faces going in the doors.

Guys look like thugs/hooligans/skinheads? FACED!!! "No. You cannot come in." Guys look broke or like bums. FACED! "Not tonight guys, the club is full." (As people are going in anyway.) Guys look too Caucasian/African/non-Russian? FACED! "Get the f#@k out of here!"

Girls are too ugly/fat to be in there? FACED! "Can't come in tonight." Girls are with too many guys? FACED! "Sorry, club's full."

And so on and so forth.

It kind of sucks on the one hand (I got FACED several times while in Moscow, my buddy and I both had shaved heads and everywhere we went they thought we were skinheads. Only after being "vouched in" by Russians or busting out American Passports and several hundred bucks did we get in.) but it's kind of nice on the other. Going to clubs here and getting trampled by Muffaloes doesn't happen there. There's also no worry about accidentally stepping on someone's shoes and getting shot. So, the end result is you have a bunch of well-dressed guys with money to spend and a bunch of gorgeous women to keep them company and the whole group is more interested in polite conversation, drinking, smoking and dancing than in getting wasted and getting into a fight or going home with whatever is available. (- See aforementioned Muffalo.)

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.