MelindaandTarek

Happy Monday

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you, Amera. (F) I'm PMing you.

Youssef tried the test 3 times in English and finally gave up and did it in Arabic (the people at the DMV really razzed him for wanting to take it in Arabic or French so he kept trying). It was sooo hard and frustrating for me when he wouldn't move. I tried getting him into school, getting him involved at the mosque, family events, going to the park, going to the mall, cooking his favorite foods, buying him new things, anything and everything and I don't think it made one bit of difference. I asked him the other day if he remembered and he honestly said he barely remembers the first few months here. I'm not going to say it's not worth doing because they he'll feel just more useless but know that you're not alone. If it would help we could hook the two of them up on a chat sometime to talk about things in general. PM if you need some support or just an ear - or if you want to give me your husband's SN and then they could chat. Hang in there hun!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Waiting Waiting Waiting. I can't think about the waiting. I have to stay busy or it would drive me crazy. Sometimes it does and him too I am sure. We waited 6 months after marriage to start the visa process because both our schedules were busy. I had school and he had the hospital. I didn't know anything about the process and wanted a lawyer. He had the lawyer over there in Egypt who advised him so he could guide me in the process. I wondered if the CR1 is a better process than the K1 and K3 but I don't have time to research it. In truth this whole Visa process makes my head spin and when you're trying to finish college there isn't much more I can cram in my little brain. With summer session out I could finally sit down and fill out the visas and collect all the information. Doing this process made me fell incredibly vunerable as I was spread eagle for all the government to see all (my) our business. My husband was so kind to offer this site at a resource for me and support going through this process.

Now I study for school and wait patiently to be "touched" by the Gods of Visa Olympus for the next move. Sometimes Waleed asks me to call and check and when I do I am polite but I feel they can be misleading and nearly rude. Really what more is there for me to do but wait? I told him, "I gave it over to God." I can't think about the problem of the long wait and that we already waited this long, or any of the challanges he might face there like the military or finishing the doctor training or any legal issues that I am powerless against.

Mmm.. yeah... so that's that better get back to my research paper on the affects of Africa post cold war.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Maureen...

We got the little study booklet a couple months ago and he's been studying it off and on. I think he's gonna take it in Arabic but I've heard that the dialect it's written in may be hard for him to understand. If so, he'll just take it in English. Has your husband taken his road test yet? If so, how did that go for him?

Well...we were supposed to go last Saturday to take the written test for the learners permit but didn't make it. Then this Saturday, again didn't make it. He's in a rut right now and doesn't feel like leaving the house (or shaving). :huh: So now I live with Wolfman Jack. Another reason for wanting this EAD asap. I tried to explain the importance of trying to get the learner's permit then getting his license so by the time he does find work he can drive to work. I don't have work on Friday so I plan on making him go take this test. I have 4 days to work on him.

They do have the test in arabic for him and they also have a study guide. I'm not quite sure where you can get one at, i just remember the DMV asking if he studied the guide ( i wish we knew there was one ) but fortunately all went well!

If he has trouble with the English, they will also do an oral exam. Mine took his in English but asked if they would help him if he didn't understand the question. They read the question to him and then explained what some words meant or what exactly the question was asking. A few of them they even drew diagrams as to what was being asked. It is worth asking about.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I don't wanna go to work!!!! Only 4 more days at this job! :dance: My days at work this week will consist of trying to train a nurse that has no brains. Yes, scary I know. Sometimes I wonder how some people become nurses.

Hope we hear some good news from Cairo this week!!!!!

Are you getting any time off before you start your new job? Are you excited about the new place?

I had a hellofa day today. I've worked in this clinic for 11 years and have put up with way too much #######. I have 3 weeks of vacation left that I'm supposed to get paid for and they are "thinking" they are going to screw me out of it. They are about to meet my evil twin!!! :devil: Everyone up there knows that I WILL get my paid vacation.

I can't wait to start my new job! I start Sept 4. I will be working in a big OB/GYN clinic and I will have soooooo many benefits. :dance: I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!! :dance:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

They don't have Arabic or even French translations for the driver's license test in Minnesota...I guess we just don't have enough native speakers of those languages yet (you can take it in Spanish, Hmong, Vietnamese or Somali, though--no help for us).

It took my habib 3 tries to pass the written test--his wrong answers were vocabulary problems: first time, he came out asking me "Honey, what is a snowplow?" :lol:

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Tip of the day....Do NOT file a K3, go for the CR1. K3 is a BS visa. Hindsight being 20/20, waiting an extra month or so and paying the extra $ for the CR1 is so worth it. Waiting on an EAD is BS!!!!! A wise woman once told me that importing a husband is like adopting a retarded (sorry for the word) toddler. OMG it's soooooooo true!

"Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it all, you just might get it all...and then some you don't want."

I TOTALLY agree with you.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Waiting Waiting Waiting. I can't think about the waiting. I have to stay busy or it would drive me crazy. Sometimes it does and him too I am sure. We waited 6 months after marriage to start the visa process because both our schedules were busy. I had school and he had the hospital. I didn't know anything about the process and wanted a lawyer. He had the lawyer over there in Egypt who advised him so he could guide me in the process. I wondered if the CR1 is a better process than the K1 and K3 but I don't have time to research it. In truth this whole Visa process makes my head spin and when you're trying to finish college there isn't much more I can cram in my little brain. With summer session out I could finally sit down and fill out the visas and collect all the information. Doing this process made me fell incredibly vunerable as I was spread eagle for all the government to see all (my) our business. My husband was so kind to offer this site at a resource for me and support going through this process.

Now I study for school and wait patiently to be "touched" by the Gods of Visa Olympus for the next move. Sometimes Waleed asks me to call and check and when I do I am polite but I feel they can be misleading and nearly rude. Really what more is there for me to do but wait? I told him, "I gave it over to God." I can't think about the problem of the long wait and that we already waited this long, or any of the challanges he might face there like the military or finishing the doctor training or any legal issues that I am powerless against.

Mmm.. yeah... so that's that better get back to my research paper on the affects of Africa post cold war.

Has he had his interview yet?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you sound exactly like me...

and yes... the k3 is B*ll Sh*t... i wish I didnt do it either.. it IS worth the extra time to wait for the EAD..

and the term R.T... is 100% accurate

I wish I could run away :(

Waiting for an EAD has taken us 3 mos and at this point I'd rather be alone waiting. At least I'd have my house to myself and free time. I know that sounds horrible but I'm not equipped to be the sole bread winner forever. I'm starting to get REALLY resentful. I know I cried myself a long, deep river while waiting for Moh to get here. I feel kinda foolish looking back on it now. I love the guy but if he doesn't get that EAD soon and get his azz off the couch I'm gonna be taken away by the men in the white coats. We definitely have transportation issues where I live. Public transit sucks and he can't drive yet. The guy has been very patient but I believe his patience has just about ran out, mine too. Can grown ups run away from home?

Tip of the day....Do NOT file a K3, go for the CR1. K3 is a BS visa. Hindsight being 20/20, waiting an extra month or so and paying the extra $ for the CR1 is so worth it. Waiting on an EAD is BS!!!!! A wise woman once told me that importing a husband is like adopting a retarded (sorry for the word) toddler. OMG it's soooooooo true!

"Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it all, you just might get it all...and then some you don't want."

I think the grass is always greener, you know? I mean the extra month for the CR1 is spent apart from each other while the EAD is spent with each other. When you're on the other side waiting for him to come you can't bear to think of another month apart yet when you're with each other the frustration of waiting on that EAD is just killer.

Plus it seems like it's way more than just one month for the CR1. Seems like the security checks and AP are just about doubled when the CR1 is applied for. Just how I've seen it anyways.

Has he started volunteering anywhere to keep himself busy or is the transportation thing a big issue?

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Has he had his interview yet?

Nope not even close.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.