MelindaandTarek

Happy Monday

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks, Sara and Laura (F)

I was one of those who said...all I want is to have him here, I don't care how long it takes for him to work, etc. Oh do I ever regret those words. I want so badly to blame him for it but it's not his fault. It's easier to have at him than to call USCIS and yell irrational things into the phone. We had a completely irrational argument over a candy bar last night, ppl! Seriously, who does that???? Hopefully we're at the end of the waiting for the EAD. Moh called last Wed and they told him if he didn't hear anything within a week to call back. But once he has the EAD then what? He still can't drive by himself. I'm not helping myself by being miss doom and gloom, thinking completely negatively. Sorry for the rants today. I'm really frustrated.

Can't he get his learners permit now so that once he gets his EAD he can go right for his license? That must seriously suck not having public transportation available. I would hate being stuck at home all day and I'm sure it makes you feel awful knowing he's sitting there waiting for you. Puts a strain on both of you to be sure. I hope you hear something soon!!!!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Well...we were supposed to go last Saturday to take the written test for the learners permit but didn't make it. Then this Saturday, again didn't make it. He's in a rut right now and doesn't feel like leaving the house (or shaving). :huh: So now I live with Wolfman Jack. Another reason for wanting this EAD asap. I tried to explain the importance of trying to get the learner's permit then getting his license so by the time he does find work he can drive to work. I don't have work on Friday so I plan on making him go take this test. I have 4 days to work on him.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well...we were supposed to go last Saturday to take the written test for the learners permit but didn't make it. Then this Saturday, again didn't make it. He's in a rut right now and doesn't feel like leaving the house (or shaving). :huh: So now I live with Wolfman Jack. Another reason for wanting this EAD asap. I tried to explain the importance of trying to get the learner's permit then getting his license so by the time he does find work he can drive to work. I don't have work on Friday so I plan on making him go take this test. I have 4 days to work on him.

:lol: @ Wolfman Jack. I WISH my husband would grow a beard but the last time he did it for me he was pulled out by the police in a cafe because they thought he was part of the muslim brotherhood. I can't wait till he gets here so he can grow one. He doesn't think it looks good on him but I think it's soooooooooooooooo sexy!!! :wub:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol: @ Wolfman Jack. I WISH my husband would grow a beard but the last time he did it for me he was pulled out by the police in a cafe because they thought he was part of the muslim brotherhood. I can't wait till he gets here so he can grow one. He doesn't think it looks good on him but I think it's soooooooooooooooo sexy!!! :wub:

:lol:

My hubby has a goatee and it just drives me CRAZY!!!!! Makes him look very hot!!!!! :blush:

I doubt that most of our MENA men are "folicly challenged"!!!!! :lol:

Edited by allousa
MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

My hubby has a goatee and it just drives me CRAZY!!!!! Makes him look very hot!!!!! :blush:

ONLY above the ears!!!! :whistle:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol: TRUE THAT!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol: TRUE THAT!!!!

:lol: thanks for making me laughhhhh today! that is SOOO TRUE! :lol:

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Moody -

I know what you mean it is sooooo hard! Seriously for the first two months Youssef was so depressed he didn't get out of bed - for 2 stinking months. He had a "headache" all day and didn't want to do a thing at all. It was so hard and I really started to question why we didn't just do the CR1 visa. At least he would have been able to start life when he got here until just really starting now (almost 2 YEARS later!). It's so hard and no one really understands unless they've done it themselves. Let's just say I've never met anyone who had an easy immigration story!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

They do have the test in arabic for him and they also have a study guide. I'm not quite sure where you can get one at, i just remember the DMV asking if he studied the guide ( i wish we knew there was one ) but fortunately all went well!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mine is also folicly challenged above the ears, i find that attractive too. One time i was in a jealous mood and he told me: "baby, I'm no Tom Cruise, so please stop", and i replied: "well, umm :blush: actually i wasn't thinking of Tom Cruise, if we're going to name actors, i would say you started out as a Nicholas Cage and, over the years, worked your way to Vin Diesle :lol: .....of course he asked me why i said this and i quickly changed the subject :rolleyes:

I do love his beard, and sometimes he cuts it and leaves it gotee style (but i told him, no more gotee until we're together!!, where i can keep an eye on you :luv:

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Moh was doing great until about two weeks ago. He seems depressed and like Youssef, always has a "headache" or is "catching a cold". He's not his usual happy go lucky self. He still has moments of cheerfulness but they don't last. He wants to get out and work and if he can't work he's gonna lay around the house and not leave. He doesn't get dressed, doesn't shave, he moves from the computer to the couch and back all day. I feel bad for him but it's driving me nuts and getting me depressed too.

I'm happy to hear things are looking up for you and Youssef now. It gives me some hope. (F)

Moody -

I know what you mean it is sooooo hard! Seriously for the first two months Youssef was so depressed he didn't get out of bed - for 2 stinking months. He had a "headache" all day and didn't want to do a thing at all. It was so hard and I really started to question why we didn't just do the CR1 visa. At least he would have been able to start life when he got here until just really starting now (almost 2 YEARS later!). It's so hard and no one really understands unless they've done it themselves. Let's just say I've never met anyone who had an easy immigration story!

Maureen...

We got the little study booklet a couple months ago and he's been studying it off and on. I think he's gonna take it in Arabic but I've heard that the dialect it's written in may be hard for him to understand. If so, he'll just take it in English. Has your husband taken his road test yet? If so, how did that go for him?

They do have the test in arabic for him and they also have a study guide. I'm not quite sure where you can get one at, i just remember the DMV asking if he studied the guide ( i wish we knew there was one ) but fortunately all went well!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Youssef tried the test 3 times in English and finally gave up and did it in Arabic (the people at the DMV really razzed him for wanting to take it in Arabic or French so he kept trying). It was sooo hard and frustrating for me when he wouldn't move. I tried getting him into school, getting him involved at the mosque, family events, going to the park, going to the mall, cooking his favorite foods, buying him new things, anything and everything and I don't think it made one bit of difference. I asked him the other day if he remembered and he honestly said he barely remembers the first few months here. I'm not going to say it's not worth doing because they he'll feel just more useless but know that you're not alone. If it would help we could hook the two of them up on a chat sometime to talk about things in general. PM if you need some support or just an ear - or if you want to give me your husband's SN and then they could chat. Hang in there hun!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.