David-Rhosie

VACCINATION REQUIREMENT FOR K-1 VISA APPLICANT

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Just a question for those who have recently completed their medical requirement (vaccinations): I am looking forward to be scheduled for a medical exam hoefully in less than 2 months from now. However, I am curious as to what vaccinations SLEC will give me. I am sure I have been vaccinated when i was small with mumps, measles, polio etc. but the question is; Do i have to be taking all the shots again? I am anticipating for shots of vaccines for hepatatis Type B, influenza type B, Varicella, Pneumoccocal. Just thinking ahead! Oh, I am preparing to deal with so many shots then not to mention that I fear needles. :blush:

AOS TIMELINE

12.08.07 - Got married

03.03.08 - Sent AOS package to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Express Mail

03.04.08 - AOS Package Received by V Bustamante USCIS Chicago IL

03.07.08 - Notice Date on NOAs

03.10.08 - Money order cashed

03.11.08 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765 & I-131

03.14.08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03.16.08 - Case viewed online

03.25.08 - I-485 Application transferred to CSC

03.29.08 - Received Transfer Notice frm USCIS in the mail

04.01.08 - Biometrics Appointment Schedule @ 1:00 PM USCIS-Dallas

04.01.08 - Received CSC receipt notice of I-485 (Case received & pending at CSC)

04.01.08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

04.02.08 - I-485 Touched again

04.29.08 - Received EAD & AP Approval Notice from CRIS

05.05.08 - EAD Touched

05.06.08 - EAD & AP Touched

05.07.08 - Received EAD card & AOS Touched

05.08.08 - Received AP documents & AOS Touched

05.09.08 - AOS Touched (5/12-13, 15,19)

05.29.08 - AOS APPROVED

06.06.08 - Approval Notice & GREEN CARD Received

03.30.10 - Sent I-751 Package to Vermont Service Center

04.01.10 - I-751 received by D. Renaud @ VSC

04.06.10 - Check Cashed

l3ye.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

Vaccination Requirements

All applicants for immigrant visas are required to have the following vaccinations, if appropriate, for age, medical condition, or medical history:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys! Just a question for those who have recently completed their medical requirement (vaccinations): I am looking forward to be scheduled for a medical exam hoefully in less than 2 months from now. However, I am curious as to what vaccinations SLEC will give me. I am sure I have been vaccinated when i was small with mumps, measles, polio etc. but the question is; Do i have to be taking all the shots again? I am anticipating for shots of vaccines for hepatatis Type B, influenza type B, Varicella, Pneumoccocal. Just thinking ahead! Oh, I am preparing to deal with so many shots then not to mention that I fear needles. :blush:

Normally they will give you MMR (Mumps ,Measles and Rubella) they will give you Varicella as well if you havent had chicken pox before. Tetanus and Diptheria (TD) is not available in the philippines so you will get that when you arrive in the USA. Other vaccines aside from these are only given for people below 18 years old.

Edited by spidergirl

I had my wife do the Hepa B and MMR series in the Philippines as it's a lot cheaper there plus it saves the hassle of completing the series in the US.

I've seen where other peeps have had the first MMR shot a couple months prior to the medical at private clinics and got the second free at St'Lukes.

If you can show the surgeon at SLEC chicken pox scars they won't require a vaccination for it.[One less needle to worry about :blink: ]

The other vaccinations required are determined by the surgeon.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I was unsure about what was REQUIRED before the K-1 interview as well. Just to be clear, NO immunizations are required at the time of the interview, but all will need to be completed by the time of the AOS interview after we get married. Correct? So, what exactly are they looking for during the medical exam?

Good Luck everybody! May filers let's keep our fingers crossed- let's hope this is a busy week!

AOS

2/15/08 Married :)

3/3/08 AOS etc application sent

3/14/08 Application packet returned...signed in wrong spot

3/17/08 Corrected packet resubmitted

3/24/08 Called USCIS to learn packet was being returned again due to another error

PACKET NEVER ARRIVED _ LOST AT USCIS....WAITING FOR EXPLANATION/INSTRUCTIONS

5/12/08 Sent a new application with cover letter explaining situation

5/19/08 NOAs

5/20/08 Check cashed...FINALLY

6/10/08 Biometrics

6/20/08 AOS transferred to CSC

6/23/08 AOS touched - again 6/30 (probably received in CA)

7/9/08 AOS touched

7/10/08 AOS touched...come on CSC :)

7/18/08 EAD approved!!!!!! Card prodution ordered (67 days from filing)

7/28/08 Email saying EAD card mailed out today....but it was in the mailbox when I got home!!!!! Finally!!!

8/15/08 Welcome Permanent Resident Email

8/20/08 Email that AOS application is approved!!!! (100 days from time final application sent)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance just had her medical yesterday and she was given 2 shots. She wasn't able to get ahold of her vaccination records and the doctor told her these were the 2 shots she HAD to have in order to come into the US. Sorry don't know which 2 there are right now, but one of them is part of a series because the doctor said she could get the 2nd of the series in the US with no problem.

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
NO immunizations are required at the time of the interview, but all will need to be completed by the time of the AOS interview after we get married. So, what exactly are they looking for during the medical exam?

1) As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

2) They are looking for communicable diseases, drug addicts and/or mental disorders because these thing are visa inadmissibilities:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(1) Health-related grounds.-

(A) In general.-Any alien-

(i) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to have a communicable disease of public health significance, which shall include infection with the etiologic agent for acquired immune deficiency syndrome,

(ii) except as provided in subparagraph © who seeks admission as an immigrant, or who seeks adjustment of status to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, and who has failed to present documentation of having received vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases, which shall include at least the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B and hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices,

(iii) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in consultation with the Attorney General)-

(I) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

(II) to have had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder, which behavior has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others and which behavior is likely to recur or to lead to other harmful behavior, or

(iv) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to be a drug abuser or addict, is inadmissible.

(B Waiver authorized.-For provision authorizing waiver of certain clauses of subparagraph (A), see subsection (g).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance just had her medical yesterday and she was given 2 shots. She wasn't able to get ahold of her vaccination records and the doctor told her these were the 2 shots she HAD to have in order to come into the US. Sorry don't know which 2 there are right now, but one of them is part of a series because the doctor said she could get the 2nd of the series in the US with no problem.

Vaccinations that she is required to have in order to adjust status and stay in the US not to come to the US... Subtle difference.....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey, I'm just quoting what the doctor told her...not that everything a doctor would tell you in Thailand is true though... :blush:

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.