Pinkix

Vacation trip, but can i reenter to the US?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

hey guys!

i came here with my tourist visa, and i got married with an american citizen. Until now, what i have is my NOA of my I-130, and i am taking my biometrics on tuesday!

we have decide to make a trip, a cruise to the bahamas, but i am worried that i canot reenter to the US. Cause i dont have a greeen card or anything besides that document!

Does anybody knows about this subject?

thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Your timeline data confuses me.

The U.S. entry you listed as 2007-March-28 clearly cannot be from an approved I-130 based visa, as you didn't even file the I-130 until 2007-June-01.

My guess is that you entered the U.S. on 2007-March-28, using a B1/B2 Visa.

Then you got married on 2007-April-12 in the U.S.

Then you filed for a I-130 on 2007-June-01.

Then you filed for a I-485 on 2007-June-24.

Is that correct?

And my short answer would be don't leave the U.S. until you know for sure you can return, unless you are ok waiting in Armenia for your IR1/CR1 visa to come out of the I-130 that was filed...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hey guys!

i came here with my tourist visa, and i got married with an american citizen. Until now, what i have is my NOA of my I-130, and i am taking my biometrics on tuesday!

we have decide to make a trip, a cruise to the bahamas, but i am worried that i canot reenter to the US. Cause i dont have a greeen card or anything besides that document!

Does anybody knows about this subject?

thanks!

Did you have marriage plans at the time you entered the US on the tourist visa?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Quick reply... no you cannot re-enter the USA without either a greencard or advance parole.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

That is true. You cannot leave the unless you have received an advance parole travel document or your green card.

I'm afraid you're stuck here for a while.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
That is true. You cannot leave the unless you have received an advance parole travel document or your green card.

I'm afraid you're stuck here for a while.

In all likelyhood that is the cautious route but remember, the OP is here on a tourist visa, so may well be able to reenter. The bigger issues is that she entered on a tourist visa, got married, and filed to adjust status. She's in the US with a biometrics appointment here and could very well be facing the consequences of visa fraud.

It's time to consult a lawyer before this goes to far down a dangerous road.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do not leave the U.S. without advance parole while your case is pending. Don't chance it.

From the I-485 instructions:

Travel outside the United States for adjustment of status applicants under sections 209 and 245 of theAct, and Registry applicants under section 249 of the Act.

Your departure from the United States (including brief visits to Canada or Mexico) constitutes an abandonment of your adjustment of status application, unless you are granted permission to depart and you are inspected upon your return to the United States. Such permission to travel is called ''advance parole.'' To request advance parole, you must file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, with the appropriate fee at the USCIS office where you applied for adjustment of status.

There are exceptions for H, L, V or K3/K4 nonimmigrants as well as refugee and asylum applicants. Looking at your timeline, doesn't look like you fall under any of those.

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

guys! thanks so much for all the advice. I came here to visit my fiance, on march, and in april we decided to get marreid cause our parent were coming to town to meet each other!

i think i will stay hree for a whileeee!

Timeline
guys! thanks so much for all the advice. I came here to visit my fiance, on march, and in april we decided to get marreid cause our parent were coming to town to meet each other!

i think i will stay hree for a whileeee!

Then don't worry about the fraud issue I brought up. Just make sure you build a good case and prepare to show at interview that the decision to marry was made after your arrival in the US. Leaving and re-entry is quite risky at this point, however.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Then don't worry about the fraud issue I brought up. Just make sure you build a good case and prepare to show at interview that the decision to marry was made after your arrival in the US. Leaving and re-entry is quite risky at this point, however.

Thanks, for this tip, cause my husband, really doesnt take all this staff as serious as me. And i sure know that u dont want to screw with immigrations! Do you recomend me to get a lawyer?

Timeline
Thanks, for this tip, cause my husband, really doesnt take all this staff as serious as me. And i sure know that u dont want to screw with immigrations! Do you recomend me to get a lawyer?

I don't recommend it at this point but you could probably benefit from at least an initial consultation. Often those ar free.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
we decided to get marreid cause our parent were coming to town to meet each other!

Congratulations on the marriage! I never get tired of hearing reasons people get married, and you definitely have a reason I have never heard before.

Yeah, sounds like you need to hang tight in the U.S. until you receive your green card or approved advance parole papers.

Timeline
we decided to get marreid cause our parent were coming to town to meet each other!

Congratulations on the marriage! I never get tired of hearing reasons people get married, and you definitely have a reason I have never heard before.

Yeah, sounds like you need to hang tight in the U.S. until you receive your green card or approved advance parole papers.

Thanks fot the congrats!! Obviusly i sound kind of silly now that i am reading it, and we got married just cause we love each other so much that we didnt want to be away from each other longer... and i seem like the perfect time! (L)

thanks for the posts!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.