mendeleev

Photos for visa and medical

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has extra prints of the photo she got when we got photos for the I-130 and I-129F (which we submitted back in February).

Is it OK to use these photos for the medical and Visa interview in September, or does she need newer photos?

I don't see anything on the Moscow embassy website that asks for the photos to be newer than those used in the petition.

Anyone have thoughts or experience on this matter?

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

If it is for K1 she will need one picture for interview sized 5X5cm so eye level is on 28-35mm from down.

and 2 pictures 3X4 also colour for medical test.

If it is not K1 she might need for medical 3 pics.

Nobody said they should be very recent.so dont think it is a problem to Use once you have left.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
If it is for K1 she will need one picture for interview sized 5X5cm so eye level is on 28-35mm from down.

and 2 pictures 3X4 also colour for medical test.

If it is not K1 she might need for medical 3 pics.

Nobody said they should be very recent.so dont think it is a problem to Use once you have left.

The exact rule for photographs - is to provide a new one taken within 30 days (of whatever you're doing - interview/visa/etc.) If you have an observant agent - they'll see you've used the same photo, and then potentially question you. Saving a couple dollars to reuse your old ones, it's just not worth the potential trouble.

For doing your CIS photos, I find it simplest to suggest going to a photographer familiar with passport/ID photos and say:

"We need a picture for an American visa." Usually, they're quite familiar with the requirements - and - there's less room for confusion.

It's always best to have a few extras - so get at least 4-8 as long as they're not too expensive.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You should be fine. We did the same thing. Just make sure the photos still meet the current requirements. It is only a potential problem when they ask for dated photos and you "up" the date to avoid problems.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks guys. I'll ask my wife to follow Kasem's lead but the Russian in her wants to follow Satellite.

I'm concerned about scrutiny, since our journey is a bit odd. A K1, no marriage, then marriage-by-proxy, followed by K3. EVerything is legit, just odd. I don't want a pesky detail to hang us up.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

As long as the girl sitting in front of the agent is the same girl in the picture(s) there should be no problem at all. The reason they say the 30 day thing is sometimes people have immigration photos from their childhood or early adulthood, etc., and now they look a lot different.

A guy I work with has a green card from like eight years ago. He's now 30-something, bearded, big long pony tail, and in his green card, he looks like a school boy. Very funny! But, also very confusing for an interviewing or approving agent.

If her photos are only a year old or so and she hasn't grown a beard (or a few extra chins) she should be just fine!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As long as she looks the same, i.e., hasn't changed much, dyed or changed hair style, you should be just fine! :thumbs:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.