Cassie

Pit bulls suck!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our neighbour's dog got into our yard last night and attacked our dog, leaving him with puncture marks "too numerous to count", many stitches, soft tissue damage to his knees, gouge marks on his face (so close to his eyes it's scary), deep wounds in his neck, and two very angry owners.

Jerry broke an oak walking stick beating on the dog, trying to get him loose and let go of Moses, and the dog didn't even flinch. It was scary. If we hadn't gotten a rope noose around its neck and dragged him off, I am positive Moses would be dead.

The thing that gets me is that this dog has ALREADY killed another dog (belonging to the owner's daughter), and her kids play in the yard with this beast!!!!

Now before pit bull owners flame me, I am sure they are nice and all that, but if it has a history of attacking other dogs and KILLING them, they should be put down. Period.

Now I don't even want to be in my back yard, it makes me sick thinking about it.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
I agree. Pitbulls should be killed without mercy. Hang them in the town square so all the townpeople can see.

indeed.... :wacko:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

I agree--as pitbulls are bred SOLELY for viciousness!

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Timeline

Our previous neighbors had pittbulls. They scared me to death. We live on a gravel road out in the country. My niece and nephews were always outside playing. I was afraid one of those dogs would attack one of the kids. Thank goodness those people moved.

Edited by clmjmm7

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Timeline
Our neighbour's dog got into our yard last night and attacked our dog, leaving him with puncture marks "too numerous to count", many stitches, soft tissue damage to his knees, gouge marks on his face (so close to his eyes it's scary), deep wounds in his neck, and two very angry owners.

Jerry broke an oak walking stick beating on the dog, trying to get him loose and let go of Moses, and the dog didn't even flinch. It was scary. If we hadn't gotten a rope noose around its neck and dragged him off, I am positive Moses would be dead.

The thing that gets me is that this dog has ALREADY killed another dog (belonging to the owner's daughter), and her kids play in the yard with this beast!!!!

Now before pit bull owners flame me, I am sure they are nice and all that, but if it has a history of attacking other dogs and KILLING them, they should be put down. Period.

Now I don't even want to be in my back yard, it makes me sick thinking about it.

Sorry your dog got chewed up, but do you think that a German Shepard or Collie or whatever other breed of dog wouldn't have got into a fight with your dog? If your dog was in your yard the and the Pit Bull came in your yard the owner should be responcible for your dog's medical bills.

Now as far as Pit Bulls being aggressive toward people, that depends on how the owner treats the dog. The only problem is that the pants hanging off the *ss crowd seems to be the only people that take Pit Bulls as "pets." I had a neighbor that had a Pit Bull and a couple other dogs and it was one of the other dogs that bit me. They did have to keep them seperated in the house, since the Pit Bull would chew up the other dogs if they ever got into a fight. I would take the Pit Bull for walks and it was funny how people would clear out of your way when they saw the Pit Bull coming.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sorry this happened to your doggy, this is really scary! Can't you complain to the police about that crazy dog? Maybe they can do something about it and prevent that dog from harming other dogs in the future, or even people.

:(

In the middle of the fight, when it looked like we weren't going to be able to separate the dogs, I called 911 to either get animal control to come or get the cops to come or medical personnel, because I was petrified the dog would turn on Jerry or myself, or the owner's daughter (who is 6 months pregnant). two cops showed up, besically to make sure there wasn't any major disputes between us and the dog owner, and to see if we wanted to make a report / press charges. We agreed to not press charges if the vet bills were covered, which the dog owner agreed to. Jerry plans on going over to visit and to present the first vet bill, and he definitely plans on respectfully asking that the dog be put down, for the safety of us, our dog, the owner's grandkids, etc etc. we'll see how that goes. if there's a dispute, we have pictures, documents, etc if we have to go to small claims court-- I have watched too many Judge Judy episdoes in my day, I know how to be prepared!! :angry:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

You should have shot the dog.

beretta_92fs.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

god forbid it's irresponsible ownership that fosters this type of behavior...nope, they are just evil dogs...wipe 'em all out.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

You should have shot the dog.

beretta_92fs.jpg

I think I'd prefer a SIG-Sauer, or a PPK over the Beretta you showed here.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Sorry to hear about your dog....I had a dog that was also attacked by a Pit Bull and my dog was a Japanese Akita. The owners of this dog in my opinion were not responsible owners of a dog like that, I have known very gentle pit bulls, they need (as do Akitas) careful training by owners who know how to deal with them and not encourage their aggresive nature.

Now as far as Pit Bulls being aggressive toward people, that depends on how the owner treats the dog. The only problem is that the pants hanging off the *ss crowd seems to be the only people that take Pit Bulls as "pets."

Seems to me that any poorly behaved dog is usually the fault of the owner because they can't be bothered to train them what is acceptable behavior and what is not. I have a friend who has a huge black lab. I love my friend dearly, but she has done ####### all to control the lab's behavior. As a result, the dog jumps up on anyone who comes in the house out of excitement. If that anyone is under 5 feet tall, they are pretty much knocked off their feet. I'm not that short, but with an armful of luggage, I nearly got knocked backwards down the porch steps.

There are a lot of responsibilities that come along with being a pet owner besides food and shelter, esp. when the pet in question has the capability to injure or kill another animal or a human.

SA4userbar.jpg