ChinaTourist

Pay money in Guangzhou?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My Chinese fiance and I live in Yunnan Province China.

We just completed packet #3 and sent it in.

Now we must pay money.

There are two different fee to pay:

#1)"Pay Visa Processing Fee (830 Chinese money)PRIOR TO INTERVIEW",and a list of GuangDong and FuJian banks to pay the money to.

Question: Can we pay this fee one day or so before the interview,when we arrive to GuangZhou for the interview,or do they need the money paid NOW to one of the GuangDong/FuJian banks on the list?

#2)"Pay $380USD (3,078 Chinese money) on the appointment date".

Question: Do we just bring the cash (US Dollars or Chinese money no problem)with us to the appointment,or do we need to pay this money at a different location,such as a bank,other than the interview location?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I can't be sure how things work in China- best check with the embassy there.

I'm going through Korea and there are similar instructions.

I believe the second fee you mentioned (380 USD, to be paid at the interview) is for a different type of visa.

If it works like Korea, you pay the fee (before the interview) at one of the banks listed, and you get a receipt which you then bring to the interview as proof of your payment.

But check with your embassy....

Shannon 명철

Timeline

I believe the second fee you mentioned (380 USD, to be paid at the interview) is for a different type of visa.

If it works like Korea, you pay the fee (before the interview) at one of the banks listed, and you get a receipt which you then bring to the interview as proof of your payment.

This question is SPICIFIC TO GUANGZHOU CHINA,K1 FIANCE VISA.

Information about countries other than China is not useful.

There are TWO fees.

#1)Pay 830Yuan (about $104USD) to a bank in GuangZhou or Fujian,from a list of banks.

Question: WHEN do we pay this fee?Pay NOW,or,Pay the day before the interview,when we arrive to GuangZhou?

THIS payment MUST be paid at a bank on the list,but my question is WHEN do we pay?

#2)Pay $380USD "on the appointment date",but WHERE do I bring the cash?

Pay this $380USD fee AT interview location,or,pay at a bank("on the appointment date")?

I am interested in GUANGZHOU CHINA K1 Fiance Visa information.

Timeline

Why don't you check with your embassy? Or maybe someone on here has been through the same embassy and can help you...

Sorry if you didn't find my answer helpful - but I think it is still correct. There is no need to be rude.

Shannon 명철

Timeline
Why don't you check with your embassy? Or maybe someone on here has been through the same embassy and can help you...

Sorry if you didn't find my answer helpful - but I think it is still correct. There is no need to be rude.

Now you are the "rude" police?

Do you mean "rude" in Korea,or in China,or your home country?

Or do you mean "rude" like on a message board?

Would you like to point out in my post/reply the part you have deemed "rude"?

I did not "check with my embassy" because they offer no help with this question,and you must pay money to them just to speak on the phone,so thats why I posted my question here.

Please ONLY THOSE WHO KNOW the answer reply here.

If "maybe" or "Im not sure but..." was acceptable enough,then I would not be here posting a question SPICIFIC to K1 Fiance Visa in GuangZhou China.

Komsomnida.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/how_to_apply.html

Step 2: Pay the non-immigrant visa application fee.

Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee at CITIC bank. After paying this fee, you will receive a receipt that must be included in the visa application and present to the consular officer at the time of the interview. Please contact CITIC bank for questions regarding the application fee amount and payment procedure.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Now you are being offensive, ChinaTourist.

That was pretty rude. Just a "Thanks, do you know if the same applies to my embassy?" would have done.

If "maybe" or "Im not sure but..." was acceptable enough,then I would not be here posting a question SPICIFIC to K1 Fiance Visa in GuangZhou China.

Nobody here owes you an answer. Remember that first and foremost. If we are not sure of what information you need, our general philosophy is that "more is more" - even if it's not directly relevant to your embassy.

I suggest that if you don't like this approach that you pony up the cash to ask your embassy because although you say they offer no help, there must be someone who can tell you SPECIFIC to that embassy - which NOBODY can do BUT that embassy.

Oh, and I see Sriniv found the information online. How strange that you were unable to, ChinaTourist.

Edited by clmarsh

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Timeline

You need to pay ¥830(RMB) before the interview. So I would pay it now instead of the last day before the interview. You will get two receipts, one for your fiancee and one for the American Consulator.

The of $380USD is for other visa, not for K1.

You could get more infor from

http://newbbs.chuguo.cn/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?...t=0&show=0&man=

Andy

Mar 21, 2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Mar 28, 2006 - I-129F NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2006 - Email from USCIS, the RFE received

Aug 31, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Timeline

What was rude was this: I tried to give you an answer the best I could...you could just ignore it if it was not helpful to you, not necessary to say thanks though that's always nice. I would not have posted an answer if I felt the information was irrelevant. I posted the answer because the information you posted (the two different fees, the list of banks) seemed similar to the situation with the embassy I'm dealing with... there are some embassies where you do pay at the interview. Does not seem like China or Korea is one of them.

I suggested you check with the embassy because I learned about the payment method for my embassy by checking their website....I also have called them several times with questions and they were able to help. Sorry if that's not the case for you.

This is a message board, made up of people who are going through this process, to help and support each other. It's not a source of infallible information and sometimes people don't have the exact answer to your question.

And I see that others have offered answers with some of the same information as me...such as the higher fee you mentioned is not for the K-1 visa - so you don't have to worry about it.

Also I see that someone found the information on the website -which you could have done - and it was the same thing I told you - you pay at the bank and bring the receipt.

Shannon 명철

For any questions I would recommend calling the embassy! Good luck :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Perhaps you should go to a region-specific forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=94 . It was not necessary to attack Shannon for being helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That was pretty rude. Just a "Thanks, do you know if the same applies to my embassy?" would have done.

Nobody here owes you an answer. Remember that first and foremost. If we are not sure of what information you need, our general philosophy is that "more is more" - even if it's not directly relevant to your embassy.

I suggest that if you don't like this approach that you pony up the cash to ask your embassy because although you say they offer no help, there must be someone who can tell you SPECIFIC to that embassy - which NOBODY can do BUT that embassy.

Oh, and I see Sriniv found the information online. How strange that you were unable to, ChinaTourist.

Well stated!!!

No one has to answer you and when someone is trying to help out the best way they can, don't be rude to them.

Timeline

I read nothing "rude" there.

Oh,I guess Im not only "rude",but Im stupid too?
You need to pay ¥830(RMB) before the interview. So I would pay it now instead of the last day before the interview. You will get two receipts, one for your fiancee and one for the American Consulator.

The of $380USD is for other visa, not for K1.

You could get more infor from

http://newbbs.chuguo.cn/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?...t=0&show=0&man=

Andy

Thanks,Andy!

You know Im living in China,Im not rich,I dont have a job here,and Im only here to be together with my fiance while she WAITS for her visa.This is not the typical "mail order bride" situation,Im really here waiting WITH her.I have adjusted years ago to life in China,but sometimes its very difficult to find any accurate information about these things doing a Google search,so thank you for the link you have provided.Doing a Google search about "Guangzhou fiance k1 visa",etc,usually just trowels up a bunch of useless info,no matter what order I type in the words.

I will take your advise and go ahead and pay that Y830rmb fee now,just to be on the safe side.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/how_to_apply.html
Step 2: Pay the non-immigrant visa application fee.

Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee at CITIC bank. After paying this fee, you will receive a receipt that must be included in the visa application and present to the consular officer at the time of the interview. Please contact CITIC bank for questions regarding the application fee amount and payment procedure.

Thanks for the link.

Its excellent for the best info,but the spicific info I seek just is not there on that website,thats why I posted my question here.

An example would be that the Guangzhou US Consulate website explains that you must get "english translation" for the Chinese documents,but there is no further info about HOW to get the translations done,or what they consider to be "certified translator".

It is a good website though,and has Chinese instructions too,very helpful for my fiance to read and understand this process.

Timeline
What was rude was this: I tried to give you an answer the best I could...you could just ignore it if it was not helpful to you, not necessary to say thanks though that's always nice. I would not have posted an answer if I felt the information was irrelevant. I posted the answer because the information you posted (the two different fees, the list of banks) seemed similar to the situation with the embassy I'm dealing with... there are some embassies where you do pay at the interview. Does not seem like China or Korea is one of them.

I suggested you check with the embassy because I learned about the payment method for my embassy by checking their website....I also have called them several times with questions and they were able to help. Sorry if that's not the case for you.

This is a message board, made up of people who are going through this process, to help and support each other. It's not a source of infallible information and sometimes people don't have the exact answer to your question.

And I see that others have offered answers with some of the same information as me...such as the higher fee you mentioned is not for the K-1 visa - so you don't have to worry about it.

Also I see that someone found the information on the website -which you could have done - and it was the same thing I told you - you pay at the bank and bring the receipt.

It was kind of you to take your time to reply to my question.

Many other people read this message board,so when you gave me information that I deemed unusable for my situation,I though it was important to reply to you and restate my question,and point out that any other info NOT spicific to Guangzhou,would be useless,so the OTHER people reading this would not continue to reply with similar useless information.

Your participating here is not a useless effort,but I have to pay money to use this crappy kerosine operated computer in this crappy Chinese internet cafe,so when I make my daily trudge to this place to use the computer,this VERY SLOW computer,I dont need to wade through endless replies about the USConsulate in Tuva,or France or Estonia.Thats why I chose to reply TO EVERYBODY that any info about US Consulates other than Guangzhou China is useless to me.

u

Perhaps you should go to a region-specific forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=94 . It was not necessary to attack Shannon for being helpful.

ATTACK!???

Now you say that I have 'attacked" someone?

Kindly "quote" the part of my post where I "attacked" someone.

Well stated!!!

No one has to answer you and when someone is trying to help out the best way they can, don't be rude to them.

It is necessary to RE STATE the question when someone replies with vague info about a consulate in a country other than China when I spicifically asked a question about China.

If someone replies like that then I must point out the REASON why their info is useless,so that other people dont take the thread in to the wrong direction,away from China.

I still do not read anything rude or offensive in my reply.

["Oh,and I see Sriniv found the information online.How strange that you were unable to,ChinaTourist"]

That quote is much more "rude" than anything I have ever posted,and its from a different person.

Go ahead and quote here ALL of the rude things I have posted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I don't care enough to waste my time, ChinaTourist. I have a job; occasionally it requires me to do more than sit in the office looking pretty.

Just remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar and you being rude to me right now is not helping your cause.

(There are also people here who would find the "typical mail-order bride" comment you made to be pretty offensive.)

Oh, and "specific" has a E in it. I didn't actually call you stupid, but the way you're conducting yourself, your spelling and grammar speak volumes.

Have a nice day.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.