Any Atlanta People??

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Mmm, we've driven past The Cheesecake Factory, and Im intrigued..

I should have paid them a visit when I was in binge mode, can't now that Im 'Being Good'..

And I know what you mean about IHOP, I cant resist the fry-up that comes with a strawberry and cream donut thingy..

whats that all about???!!!?? talk about indulgence..

Lucky thing my husband loves me, Im not the woman he married, literally.

He is just pleased to see me enjoying my food (which I really do), but enough is enough.

Wish me luck!

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

And I know what you mean about IHOP, I cant resist the fry-up that comes with a strawberry and cream donut thingy..

My weakness is .... WAFFLE HOUSE :lol: Their coffee is soooo good and all the sauce on waffle you can manage. I (L) that place.

Cheesecake factory is awesome too!

When I went for my biometrics I noticed in most couples in the room, with the exceptions of many Mexicans, one person was overweight. I thought it was probably the non USC who cannot work yet like me! Probably because of places like above :P

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

You know me, Amanda - Rush all the way! :D

Chas and I just got back from seeing them in San Antonio. Sound in the venue was ####### but since I knew what I was listening to, I can tell you that they kicked a$$.

Yah...I know!! But I really like that you guys are fans of Rush!! Makes you cooler! *grin*

So how was San An? Never been there before?

mmmm...foood!

Chris is doing okay in the food department. Although he LOVES mexican food now! So that is our guilty pleasure! mmmm.

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

My weakness is .... WAFFLE HOUSE :lol: Their coffee is soooo good and all the sauce on waffle you can manage. I (L) that place.

Hubby likes the Waffle House okay, but generally finds it greasier than IHOP. (I keep telling him how fabo it is at 3 am after a good drunk. :lol:

You know me, Amanda - Rush all the way! :D

Chas and I just got back from seeing them in San Antonio. Sound in the venue was ####### but since I knew what I was listening to, I can tell you that they kicked a$$.

Yah...I know!! But I really like that you guys are fans of Rush!! Makes you cooler! *grin*

So how was San An? Never been there before?

Hee hee - Rush rules!!!! :D :D

We liked San Antone okay - it was cooler (weather wise) than Tennessee. But I think it was a bit confusing to get around there. Still, we are glad we went and we had a really good time. (we had never been there before.)

Thanks for asking!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Ooh, note about Atlanta Biometrics appt,

There is a British pub called the 'Fox & Hounds' on the same road as the office..

Biometrics @ 1255 Collier Road, GA 30318

Fox & Hounds @ 1193 Collier Road NW GA 30318

Hmm, not that I frequent pubs or anything...ahem..

Just thought that after the traumatic experience of Biometrics, a swift pint may be in order!

All that finger-printing, can make a girl thirsty..lol

x

British Pub Chain in ATL

Poob

in case of link not working...

http://dereklawfordpubs.com/

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Ohh you are awesome!

I used to go to the one in Charlotte..but I am trying to remember what kinda stuff they have!

Thanks girlie!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is a British pub called the 'Fox & Hounds' on the same road as the office..

as you come off I-75 heading towards Collier St it comes up on you very quickly - I think it is the first light after the I-75 interchange (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the exit road!) The road is pretty busy but you do have a left hand turn lane to turn onto Collier St so make sure you get into the turn lane as it doesn't give you much warning. You turn to the left and it is a hilly, single-lane busy road . You travel through a commercial area, a residential area with apartments and then as you start to swoop down the hill in an increasingly industrial area the Biometrics Centre is part way down the hill on your right hand side. (The lane before is for a trucking company). If you go too far you can turn around in an industrial/warehouse parking area at the bottom of the hill and come back.

Try to park as close as you can to the very back since the entrance is at the back of the building. It looks kind of like a big warehouse structure with loading platforms half way down. It is much nicer inside than it appears from the outside.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

as you come off I-75 heading towards Collier St it comes up on you very quickly - I think it is the first light after the I-75 interchange (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the exit road!) The road is pretty busy but you do have a left hand turn lane to turn onto Collier St so make sure you get into the turn lane as it doesn't give you much warning. You turn to the left and it is a hilly, single-lane busy road . You travel through a commercial area, a residential area with apartments and then as you start to swoop down the hill in an increasingly industrial area the Biometrics Centre is part way down the hill on your right hand side. (The lane before is for a trucking company). If you go too far you can turn around in an industrial/warehouse parking area at the bottom of the hill and come back.

Try to park as close as you can to the very back since the entrance is at the back of the building. It looks kind of like a big warehouse structure with loading platforms half way down. It is much nicer inside than it appears from the outside.

Thank you Kathryn! You are fantastic!

I really appreciate it! :)

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We were just up there on Thursday, the 16th.

The exit is for Howell Mill Road--at the top of the ramp, take a right. Like Kathryn said; after you turn on Howell Mill, get in the left lane--Collier Road will be on the left.

Wife's appt. was for noon--we got there around 11:20. They made everybody line up out side until 11:45 or so.

ONLY APPLICANTS WERE ALLOWED IN--NO SPOUSES. NO CELL PHONES; NO PURSES OR BAGS. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR APPOINTMENT LETTER.

The Mrs. was out by 12:30--only bright note of the day---they stamped her appointment letter, and said it would be sufficient proof for Georgia DMV to get her driver's license

We were just up there on Thursday, the 16th.

The exit is for Howell Mill Road--at the top of the ramp, take a right. Like Kathryn said; after you turn on Howell Mill, get in the left lane--Collier Road will be on the left.

Wife's appt. was for noon--we got there around 11:20. They made everybody line up out side until 11:45 or so.

ONLY APPLICANTS WERE ALLOWED IN--NO SPOUSES. NO CELL PHONES; NO PURSES OR BAGS. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR APPOINTMENT LETTER.

The Mrs. was out by 12:30--only bright note of the day---they stamped her appointment letter, and said it would be sufficient proof for Georgia DMV to get her driver's license

That is great about the stamp for the DMV! Bet that doesn't work for North Carolina residents!! :) That would have been perfect! I'll get him to ask anyway!

Great information! I thank you!

This is what I like about this forum! The reassurence that people can give! :star:

but I still like this smilie! :hehe:

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Hey guys! Wanted to thank you all once again for the directions and instructions for our Biometrics which was TODAY!

Easy breezy...in and out in 20 minutes! The building would have been hard to find I think if it wasn't for all your instructions and discriptions! Yay!

On to the next step!!

Chloe: we went to the Fox and Hound for lunch today as we got out of the bio at 11:20...we walked in and it even smelled like a pub to us. (that stale smokey smell) it was great. We both got a pint of tetleys and Chris had Fish and Chips and I had bangers and mash. The guys in the kitchen made them special since they weren't on the menu for sat. brunch. We are happy to report that the fish and chips were pretty darn good, the bangers were lovely....but the gravy (which I had on the side) was not up to par. All in all it was a really good lunch. Specially because you guys had me jonesing for a banger from the food thread on this forum....

Ahh we also went to The World Market and stocked up on Indian curries, some naan bread, and various english biccys.

Has been a lovely day!

Thanks again guys!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.