American Lass

Worried...! Some questions.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My fiance's medical is on April 21st. He's worried that he doesn't have all the injections that are required and isn't even sure that the paper taken from his doctor's is what they want to see as it doesn't look very official.

According to the document, he's had a BCG for tuburculosis, polio vaccine, and a tetanus shot.

Will they just do the immunizations there (for a price) on the day of his Medical if he doesn't have everything? Essentially, could this potentially hold us up in any way?

Thanks!

(Also.... when you make your medical appt date, do you normally get anything back from them? My fiance has not even received any written confirmation yet!)

Edited by American Lass

As I understand it, you don't need the vaccinations until AOS but it helps to have them. I just got a print out from my doctor of the vaccinations they gave me and then at the medical they gave me a sheet saying what I had, which I apparently need for my AOS stage.

I had TB, Hep A, Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, MMR & booster, Td/IPV (whatever that is!) and a flu jab and the best thing was, they were all free!

I got an e mail from the medical centre confirming my appointment and the date and time.

Hope this helps.

Helen

Edited by cheeky^Wolf

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Timeline

Thanks CheekyWolf.

I don't want to sound stupid, but I'm trying to get my facts straight here -- what exactly is AOS (what does it stand for?) Is it just another name for the Medical?

Are you certain they were free at the Medical Centre in London? Because my fiance was told that any jags he was lacking in would cost in the region of £25-£35 each.

Also, we never actually got an email confirmation or letter -- we just did it over the phone. They didn't ask for an email address. Are we still okay? We don't want to get down to London and they tell us they don't know why we're here!

Thanks CheekyWolf.

I don't want to sound stupid, but I'm trying to get my facts straight here -- what exactly is AOS (what does it stand for?) Is it just another name for the Medical?

Are you certain they were free at the Medical Centre in London? Because my fiance was told that any jags he was lacking in would cost in the region of £25-£35 each.

Also, we never actually got an email confirmation or letter -- we just did it over the phone. They didn't ask for an email address. Are we still okay? We don't want to get down to London and they tell us they don't know why we're here!

AOS is Adjustment of Status, the next stage in your visa process after you have your K1 visa in your passport and have entered the US and married.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...tom&page=k1flow shows you the steps to your visa

The jabs aren't free at the medical centre in London, mine were free at my own doctor, I'm not sure if this is normal, I'm diabetic so mine were free. I had mine done a few days before my medical and hadn't had my MMR booster but that has since been added to my list of vaccinations.

If you didn't get an email, you could always call them back and ask for one or ask them to confirm the appointment in writing, I'm sure they'll do this.

Helen

Edited by cheeky^Wolf

Timeline

Thank-you again from both of us.

My fiance shall call the london doctor tommorrow and ask for either a confirmation email or a letter as proff of making the appointment.

This puts our mind more at ease, even although we are very tense and worried about the whole process.

Don't worry, honestly the medical is a breeze, very friendly, very quick and very unobtrusive.

The interview is much the same too.

Take it from a professional panicker and pessimist, afterwards you'll kick yourself for all the sleepless nights and stress you caused yourself. As long as all your paperwork is in order and you haven't got some dread disease, you have nothing to worry about at all.

Good luck :)

Helen

P.S. And yes, it is normal to assume you have a dread disease & will be declined... we all do it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

American Lass - Nigel wasn't up to date on his vaccinations either and they offered to do them at the medical for about 60 pounds a pop. He opted to wait and got them done for free through his doctor and then just sent off the proof. Saves some money if you do it that way.

May 2003 - Met in Vegas

October 2004 - First trip to England to see Nigel

November 24, 2005 - Engaged!

December 13, 2005 - Sent I-129

December 16, 2005 - I-129 received in Vermont

December 19, 2005 - NOA1

January 3, 2005 - NOA2

January 27, 2006 - Packet 3 received

February 9, 2006 - Packet 3 sent back

March 13, 2006 - Medical appointment

March 23, 2006 - Packet 4 received

April 18, 2006 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!

June 21, 2006 - Nigel arrives!

July 12, 2006 - Applied for SSN

July 14, 2006 - Married at courthouse

July 19, 2006 - Received SSN

August 8, 2006 - Filed for AOS and EAD

August 17, 2006 - Received NOA

September 2, 2006 - Received notice that case was transferred to CSC

September 5, 2006 - Biometrics appt

September 30, 2006 - Official wedding with friends and family - woohoo!

October 12, 2006 - Received email that case was approved

October 16, 2006 - GC arrived!

Timeline

Thanks again beaner! We'll look into getting them done for free definitely.

One more thing...

My fiance wants to know the email address of the Medical Centre. Anyone happen to know it?

Thanks again beaner! We'll look into getting them done for free definitely.

One more thing...

My fiance wants to know the email address of the Medical Centre. Anyone happen to know it?

basil.mansions@onetel.net

The e mail I got was from Katie, the receptionist.

Helen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can get the K1 visa without having the vaccinations at all... but you HAVE to prove that you've had them before you can alter your status in the US and get your greencard. It's usually cheaper and less hassle to get them done in your home country... for a healthy adult the shots needed are tetanus, MMR, and varicella/chickenpox. If you can prove to them that you've already had chicken pox you don't need that shot. I had a blood test to check my immunity and they gave me the results to keep... good thing too because I had to show it to the doc here in the US too!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

which medical place is that email address for in London? May I use it?

Btw Good Luck!

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.