edp333

Illinois Budget

15 posts in this topic

I suppose some of you have heard of Illinois's new record for the state congress not setting a budget. The congress is getting paid overtime to argue over the budget and many have ignored the Governor's request for them to work on Saturdays.

Anyway, this means I will be laid off next Tuesday unless a budget is passed. I am a contract worker for a state university and we contract workers are the first to go.

Time to start networking. Any Vjers know of an IT Desk position? Preferably a position in Illinois. :help:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I suppose some of you have heard of Illinois's new record for the state congress not setting a budget. The congress is getting paid overtime to argue over the budget and many have ignored the Governor's request for them to work on Saturdays.

Anyway, this means I will be laid off next Tuesday unless a budget is passed. I am a contract worker for a state university and we contract workers are the first to go.

Time to start networking. Any Vjers know of an IT Desk position? Preferably a position in Illinois. :help:

We have several in Illinois. I like the company, it treats me well.

http://www.advancedtech.com/arccms/careers-available.html

it is poliitcs as usual..nothing out of the norm..every few years illinois goes through this type of sh!t

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

We have several in Illinois. I like the company, it treats me well.

http://www.advancedtech.com/arccms/careers-available.html

Thanks Gary. I had forgotten about ATS. Time to udate my resume with them since I gained another degree.

If all else fails, I could apply to be an ajudicator!! :innocent:

Naturalization

4/4/14 - check cashed

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

it is poliitcs as usual..nothing out of the norm..every few years illinois goes through this type of sh!t

Yes, but they passed the record about a month ago. Too bad they don't take the pay away from the congress and governor first. One would be surprised at how fast they could pass a budget without pay and benefits. :devil:

Naturalization

4/4/14 - check cashed

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Missouri goes through this from time to time. More of a scare tactic then anything else. They usually come through at the last minute and agree to something.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Yes, but they passed the record about a month ago. Too bad they don't take the pay away from the congress and governor first. One would be surprised at how fast they could pass a budget without pay and benefits. :devil:

that is so true...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

There is more news on the budget this morning. The IL Senate and Congress has gone 70 days in overtime for a cost of $250,000 per week. The total is close to $2.5 mil.

Too bad C-SPAN puts me to sleep. I am definately in the wrong profession. :jest:

Naturalization

4/4/14 - check cashed

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Normally, once the new fiscal year starts and a budget hasn't been approved California starts laying state employees of....or puts them on unpaid furlow but nothing so far so maybe they are writing bad checks :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Normally, once the new fiscal year starts and a budget hasn't been approved California starts laying state employees of....or puts them on unpaid furlow but nothing so far so maybe they are writing bad checks :P

maybe, arnuld is digging into his enormous wallet and paying

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Not that guy, he is so tight he has to screw his shoes on in the morning :P

he is so tight brother jim./...when arnold opens his wallet, it is like he is peeling an onion, he breaks out in tears...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

he is so tight brother jim./...when arnold opens his wallet, it is like he is peeling an onion, he breaks out in tears...

:lol::lol: Thats a new one for me

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I was laid off on Tuesday, then got a job offer for $9.50 an hour on Wendesday. :jest: On Thursday I get a phone call asking me if I am still interested in the Graduate Assistantship (GA) I applied for this spring.:thumbs: Next, I get an email the same day asking if I am interested in a different GA position. :D When it rains it poors!!

I wonder if I will get a W2 form for all the tuition the college will pay for my GA? ;) It won't be long before I should have a piece of paper to prove I'm an educated idiot. :P

I have not heard from ATS, but since it is raining I will probably get a call for an interview for the positon I applied for in Peoria. Thanks again Gary.

Naturalization

4/4/14 - check cashed

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony