grouchy

anyone in NY get interview notice recently?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was just wondering if anyone in NYC has gotten their interview notice recently. We have been waiting 2 and a half years for our interview and CIS told our Congressman that prelim processing was done and they are waiting for NY to indicate interview slots available. No idea how often that happens. But after 30 months, getting antsy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should definitely investigate further. We file AOS in May and our interview is March 22, not quite as fast as the previous poster, but not 30 months either!!! only ANTSY after that long??

17 Aug 02 - Met at Dunking Donuts, Bangkok

Nov 04 - my mother and sister visit and meet ning and her family

03 Dec 04 - I move back to NY to find work. (find it!)

20 Jan 05 - I go to BKK for K1 interview

25 Jan 05 - ได้วีสาแล้ว!! Approved!

01 Feb 05 - fly back to NY on Kuwait Airways

18 Feb 05 - apply for SS#

22 Apr 05 - MARRIED!!!!!

28 Apr 05 - Sent Form I-485 to Chicago

01 May 05 - AOS received in Chicago

29 Sep 05 - Biometrics

24 Oct 05 - NOA - March 22 interview!

22 Mar 06 - AOS interview- approved?

22 May 06 - Welcome letter received! (mailed 15 May)

Greencard received

07 Feb 08 - I751 filed

12 Feb 08 - extension letter recieved

waaaaaaaaaaaaiting

Filed: Timeline

It takes alot longer in New York, until very recently 2 years was about average. We have Congressman looking into it, and all NBC/MSC will tell them is that it is in the pile waiting for New York to give interview slots. Congressman's aide keeps writing to both NYC and NBC trying to get them to move their butts. But I'm starting to get really upset/p'd off.

Hello how are you im from NYC my AOS papers was submitted last Sept.26 2005 and my interview will be April 05 this year.Maybe you need an infopass to talk to an immigration officer..

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed in Dec 2004, expecting a 2-3 year wait (which is normal for NYC), but then in Sep 2005

my case got transferred to CSC for faster processing and was approved last week.

Mark

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I filed early August and my interview is end of March.

It seems they're pushing through the newer cases?

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi fellow NYers,

I filed late Oct 05 and am waiting on my interview, hoping for it mid year (AP expires Dec 21 and want to go home for Christmas) or better still transferred to CSC.

Best of luck grouchy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.