Katyaaa

N-400 INA 319(b) May 2024 filing

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! 

I've been an LPR for over 5 years, but me and my U.S. citizen husband have been living overseas for years. I've learnt that INA section 319(b) waives the continuous residency requirements for n-400 applicants with qualifying employment abroad. 

Now, I've prepared all supporting documents and uploaded them to USCIS account and was ready to submit my application. I started to have my doubts if INA 319(b) applications are not allowed to file online, and all documents must be sent through the regular mail (my co-worker has similar case and they just mailed physical documents). 

Does anybody have a successful case of getting U.S. citizenship filing under INA 319(b)? Did you mail your docs to the USCIS office or did you apply online?

Can you please refer me to resources that can help? 

I've read all instructions on the government website, but there's not much info for these specific conditions. 

Your help with this will be much appreciated! :)

Good luck to everyone with their naturalization processes! 💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@R&OC You said you filed by mailing to USCIS. Did you fill in the N-400 PDF form in Adobe Reader? If so did you encounter a glitch where there is a weird dependency between the Yes/No checkboxes of Part 5 Question 4d and Part 10 question 1.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Katyaaa said:

Does anybody have a successful case of getting U.S. citizenship filing under INA 319(b)? Did you mail your docs to the USCIS office or did you apply online?

My wife submitted her application online for citizenship and uploaded all the necessary evidence. It was straight forward.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.