Ryan8325

Super confused on K1 appointment letter

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ok so here's the deal folks. According to CEAC, my fiance's application is marked as READY with the case last updated March 14 2024. 

I've done some research (which confused me further) and have found that some are saying we need to wait for an appointment letter, and others are saying just schedule it anyways without it. Embassy is in Nairobi and she's a Kenyan national, has never lived outside Kenya etc. Pretty cut and dry.

Here's my questions:

1. Do we absolutely need this golden ticket of a letter?

2. If we DON'T, can we just schedule the appointment and proceed with the necessary documents etc?

3. How much longer should we wait before trying to get ahold of someone at the embassy for some kind of update? 

4. Will I (the petitioner) receive the letter for the appointment, or will she?

Thanks for any assistance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is Embassy specific question. Some Embassies get very touchy if you push ahead before they are fully ready, most others do not care. Letter should be sent to address you put for beneficiary on I-129F  IF it will happen at all. Personally, unless you know for a fact Nairobi requires a letter, I would push ahead with DS-160 and MRV, medical and interview. BUT again, this is Embassy specific issue. 

Timeline

So i emailed the embassy and got a canned response, however it basically says to go to this website and make an account. gotta love how it's referenced nowhere else i can find

Thank you for your inquiry to the U.S. Embassy Nairobi immigrant visa unit.  

We know how important it is to you and your family that you be allowed to immigrate as soon as possible. We are working as quickly as possible to schedule additional appointments and resolve the visa applications we have already received. Please allow us to continue to focus our energies on processing these visas by reading the information we provide here and limiting your e-mail queries.  

**** NOTE: This e-mail will likely be the only response you will receive. Please read it carefully and use the links we have provided for additional information **** 

For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), click here.   

For general information about immigrant visas scheduled through the National Visa Center, click here. The U.S. Embassy will not respond to any requests for expedited appointments sent directly to this e-mail box, you must follow the procedures spelled out on the NVC website. 

--- 

If you have received notification that your case was recently transferred to the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, please click here to ensure you have created your account for scheduling and delivery purposes We will contact you through that website when we are ready to schedule your appointment. If you have any issues using that website, please use the “Contact Us” button that appears at the bottom of every page of that website.  

--- 

If a consular officer asked you to upload documents to your CEAC account, click here. 

If a consular officer requested that you send additional documents through DHL, click here.  If you have any issues using that website, please use the “Contact Us” button that appears at the bottom of every page of that website.  

--- 

Please note: We do not send email confirmations when your documents are received. We review documents in the order they are received and notify applicants of required next steps as appropriate. 

--- 

If you do not include the visa applicant’s full name (as it appears in the passport), date of birth, and the Department of State case number, we will not be able to locate your case. 

--- 

For emergency U.S. citizen services, please contact +254 020 363 645.  For any services for U.S. citizens, click here 

--- 

For general nonimmigrant visa information, including how to request an emergency appointment, please contact the visa call center at +254 020 764 0121 or +254 020 764 0799. 

Best regards, 

U.S. Embassy Nairobi  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Ryan8325 said:

any ideas on the Invoice ID #? I'm looking on the CEAC website and it will accept the case number but requires an invoice id number to actually login apparently

You don't need to login or create account on CEAC site. All you will use it is to check status and fill out DS-160

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ryan8325 said:

Ok so here's the deal folks. According to CEAC, my fiance's application is marked as READY with the case last updated March 14 2024. 

I've done some research (which confused me further) and have found that some are saying we need to wait for an appointment letter, and others are saying just schedule it anyways without it. Embassy is in Nairobi and she's a Kenyan national, has never lived outside Kenya etc. Pretty cut and dry.

Here's my questions:

2. If we DON'T, can we just schedule the appointment and proceed with the necessary documents etc?

3. How much longer should we wait before trying to get ahold of someone at the embassy for some kind of update? 

It is embassy specific, but for what it's worth, I reached out to the Lusaka, Zambia embassy through their email contact info. I was was told not submit the DS-160 yet until she receives an email with dropoff date and interview date.  They did confirm that the case was received. We were told that she will submit the DS-160 on a specified date. I see you have been waiting over a year now; we submitted in August and our case was last updated 3/28/24, so I can definitely relate to the frustration of waiting! Hang in there!

From what I understand, the receipt number for payment should be the Invoice ID# you need to schedule an appointment.

Timeline

I spoke to RapidVisa and apparently the best course of action is to fill out the DS-160 then open an account with the embassy based on the link they sent. then it's back to the waiting game

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2024 at 11:24 PM, Ryan8325 said:

Here's my questions:

I hope you got the answer , you don’t need an appointment letter go to the next stage, when your case is ready you can go ahead and as you schedule for an interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Martharobi said:

I hope you got the answer , you don’t need an appointment letter go to the next stage, when your case is ready you can go ahead and as you schedule for an interview. 

How do you schedule an interview? I thought the embassy had to do that for you. Or is that embassy dependent? The embassy we're going through said we have to submit the ds-160, i-134, and other forms first before we can schedule an interview.

1 hour ago, PokuPoku said:

How do you schedule an interview? I thought the embassy had to do that for you. Or is that embassy dependent? The embassy we're going through said we have to submit the ds-160, i-134, and other forms first before we can schedule an interview.

Depends with the embassy, our embassy (Nairobi) you schedule your self.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.