inhale_me

US Medical Question

15 posts in this topic

Timeline

I completed my interview April 4th 2024, then attended my us medical at Andrews April 15, however I was told to wait 2 weeks (29 APRIL 2024) to receive my covid shot then send it to them via email.  .However, I have no idea if my lab results have reached the Embassy and I still have my passport on me, so does anyone know if i should deliver my passport to the document center and have them send it to the embassy? AND does anyone have the embassy email because Andrews Hospital keeps putting me on hold. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, inhale_me said:

I completed my interview April 4th 2024, then attended my us medical at Andrews April 15, however I was told to wait 2 weeks (29 APRIL 2024) to receive my covid shot then send it to them via email.  .However, I have no idea if my lab results have reached the Embassy and I still have my passport on me, so does anyone know if i should deliver my passport to the document center and have them send it to the embassy? AND does anyone have the embassy email because Andrews Hospital keeps putting me on hold. 

I would not risk sending your Passport out. I see there is a Visa Navigator form on the embassies website that can assist you with this. 

https://jm.usembassy.gov/visa-navigator/

K3 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 2024-02-17
I-130 Sent : 2024-03-22
I-130 NOA1 : 2024-03-22
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-129F Sent : 2024-04-24
I-129F NOA1 :  
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 :  
NVC Received :  
NVC Left :  
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date :  
Interview Result :  
Second Interview
(If Required):

Second Interview Result:  
Visa Received :  
US Entry :  
I-130 Approval :  
Comments :

Timeline
2 minutes ago, The_Walters said:

I would not risk sending your Passport out. I see there is a Visa Navigator form on the embassies website that can assist you with this. 

https://jm.usembassy.gov/visa-navigator/

Also have you been checking your status? I believe you will receive a 221G form stating medical is not approved. Once your medical is cleared you will go into AP, until your visa is approved and issued. Which can take 4-6 weeks. 

K3 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 2024-02-17
I-130 Sent : 2024-03-22
I-130 NOA1 : 2024-03-22
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-129F Sent : 2024-04-24
I-129F NOA1 :  
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 :  
NVC Received :  
NVC Left :  
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date :  
Interview Result :  
Second Interview
(If Required):

Second Interview Result:  
Visa Received :  
US Entry :  
I-130 Approval :  
Comments :

I was told that after i completed my medical I should drop off passport at the document service center, there are instructions on the 221G that you would have received at the interview, leading you to a website where you print a barcode to tape on an envelope etc... read instructions on the 221g that you received after interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Send your passport back to the embassy once you have done your medical if u want to. It is completely fine. I did my interview on March 5, my medical on March 15th and on March 18th I dropped my passport back at the document center on March 18th. The embassy didn’t get my medical results till a month after. It’s fine if you want to. My passport with my visa is on its way with DHL to me. 

Edited by Shenniel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Caribbean regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 4/30/2024 at 3:31 PM, inhale_me said:

My dad have the same problem they tell him to email the results, when my sister call they tell her she have to bring the results in and you have to register your passport online with embassy or call and register it the the document center then you bring it in

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/30/2024 at 4:31 PM, inhale_me said:

You can call Andrews and give them your case number and they will tell you if it’s at the embassy or not 

Timeline
On 5/14/2024 at 11:47 AM, kedked said:

My dad have the same problem they tell him to email the results, when my sister call they tell her she have to bring the results in and you have to register your passport online with embassy or call and register it the the document center then you bring it in

Okay understand thank you. 

Timeline
On 5/8/2024 at 5:15 PM, Shenniel said:

Send your passport back to the embassy once you have done your medical if u want to. It is completely fine. I did my interview on March 5, my medical on March 15th and on March 18th I dropped my passport back at the document center on March 18th. The embassy didn’t get my medical results till a month after. It’s fine if you want to. My passport with my visa is on its way with DHL to me. 

Ok thank you 💜

Timeline
On 4/30/2024 at 4:28 PM, The_Walters said:

Also have you been checking your status? I believe you will receive a 221G form stating medical is not approved. Once your medical is cleared you will go into AP, until your visa is approved and issued. Which can take 4-6 weeks. 

Ok I understand thank you for this info. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, inhale_me said:

Ok will do thank you.

Did you also check https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV to see if there’s an update? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Patricewilliamson said:

Did you also check https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV to see if there’s an update? 

Good afternoon yes I did but it's still saying 'refused'.  So I'm guessing they haven't received the medical results as yet.

Timeline
On 5/18/2024 at 6:59 PM, inhale_me said:

Good afternoon yes I did but it's still saying 'refused'.  So I'm guessing they haven't received the medical results as yet.

Trying contacting Andrews. I myself is going to try and reach out to them because it’s been awhile since they have my medical and haven’t send it over. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.