jg121783

Questions about online N400

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

I'd argue that you need to always build the strongest case possible. If it requires 2 inches of evidence - so be it. If it requires less - great.

In my observation, people who bring thick files don't get asked much and their evidence often is not looked at. But folks who bring two pieces of paper or nothing with them get asked a lot of questions and / or issued RFEs.

Strong evidence is an insurance that costs a little more to print. If one can afford - in my opinion is totally worth it

One should be ready for everything, including stokes as you mentioned. Because you were prepared your interview went smooth. But if one takes it easy - that's when one gets hard times by IO.

You should have seen what we sent in for the I-130. We way overdid it but at least we were confident we didnt ommit anything.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

I'd argue that you need to always build the strongest case possible. If it requires 2 inches of evidence - so be it. If it requires less - great.

In my observation, people who bring thick files don't get asked much and their evidence often is not looked at. But folks who bring two pieces of paper or nothing with them get asked a lot of questions and / or issued RFEs.

Strong evidence is an insurance that costs a little more to print. If one can afford - in my opinion is totally worth it

One should be ready for everything, including stokes as you mentioned. Because you were prepared your interview went smooth. But if one takes it easy - that's when one gets hard times by IO.

You should have seen what we sent in for the I-130. We way overdid it but at least we were confident we didnt ommit anything.

So here is the list of documents we plan on submitting. Let me know if I'm missing something or dont need to submit something on the list:

-marriage certificate (for proof of name change)

- children's birth certificates

-wifes birth certificate (is this needed?)

-my birth certificate (is this needed?)

-wifes green card

-court records regarding speeding ticket

-5 years of tax transcripts

-proof of residency

-documentation of our trip to the Philippines last year

Anything I'm missing? As soon as my wife picks up the court documents and our daughters birth certificate we would like to get this submitted.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 4/22/2024 at 6:53 PM, OldUser said:

I don't think there's any overdoing

with USCIS. Overprepared = prepared.

Mine was probably overkill, but you are correct.  We got through it smoothly.  If they had asked for anything, back to our marriage license, I had it.

There's a theory of compliance with USCIS.  They have all of that stuff online, and they don't need to see your printed copies, but bringing in a 2-inch binder all indexed and ready to go shows them that you 1) read the instructions and 2) actually care about what was said.  You are correct.  Once they see the compliance, it's all softball questions and let's-get-you-on-your-way.  They got a lot of case files on their desk.

Regards,
Vicky's Mom

As far as my wifes speeding ticket goes will a printout from the Wisconsin circuit court website showing the details of the case and showing that the fine was paid be sufficient for now or will this result in an RFE requesting certified court records? The courthouse that I would have to go to to get certified records is not close to where we live and I dont think I'm gonna be able to make it there this week. But we want to get the N400 submitted as soon as possible. Should we just submit a printout then have my wife take the certified records to her interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.