SuperG

I-751 — April 2024 Filers Club

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 4/17/2024 at 4:48 PM, USCHQU said:

Hey SuperG - Is there any update yet? My package was sent out on April 2nd (by my attorney) and haven't received any update yet.

Sandiegodan2020 - How were you able to see the status online? I am unable to track mine as I don't receipt number to link my case to the USCIS account.
How did you link your case to the USCIS account without receipt number?

So we have a uscis account set up from before when we filed the I-129f. Snd it still works and we can get updates there. Maybe you can use a receipt number from your last round.

Timeline
On 4/15/2024 at 12:54 PM, OldUser said:

What matters is not a pick up date but post mark date. And it got marked before 04/19, so you're good. I wouldn't worry about this. USCIS comes and empties PO box in batches, not daily from what I understand.

If we are talking I-751. It must be received by uscis prior to your green card expiring. Not postmarked is our understanding.

Timeline
9 hours ago, orionkh said:

Congrats! My app was received by the Tempe lockbox on 4/16 and still haven’t received any text msg. I have an online account number with USCIS. I wonder if the lockbox in the Phoenix location (delivery through USPS) is processing faster. 

We used FedEx. Signed receipt on April 3rd.

Timeline

Ok everyone here our updated timeline.

4-2-24 we sent our package via FedEx overnight.

4-3-24 received and signed by uscis.

4-15-24 got email that action was taken. Uscis website acknowledged receipt of package. Our date is April 3 for receipt.

4-18-24 got an email that action was taken again. Status changed to actively reviewed.

April 19, 2024

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of April 19, 2024, we are actively reviewing your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number IOE0xxx. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you....

I also see in the documents section the copy of the letter. The receipt plus the 48 month extension.

I can also see a separate letter for biometric reuse.

Now to just wait on the hard copy mailed letters.

Start to finish 16 calendar days.

Edited by sandiegodan2020

Hello - My package was sent out on April 3rd. USPS status shows "Delivered to agent for final delivery" on April 6th 2023 Phoenix, AZ. Processing fees hasn't been taken out yet. There hasn't been any update yet. My conditional GC expires on May 2nd 2024.

Can anyone share the timeline for the fees to be taken out?

Looks like I am not going to receive the receipt of notice before my GC expires. I'm concerned about my employer asking me proof work authorization. What can be done here? Any suggestions/information would be helpful.

Anyone else in the similar situation? 
image.png.4fd23a9ec2565b164888dee74d81dd81.png

57 minutes ago, USCHQU said:

Hello - My package was sent out on April 3rd. USPS status shows "Delivered to agent for final delivery" on April 6th 2023 Phoenix, AZ. Processing fees hasn't been taken out yet. There hasn't been any update yet. My conditional GC expires on May 2nd 2024.

Can anyone share the timeline for the fees to be taken out?

Looks like I am not going to receive the receipt of notice before my GC expires. I'm concerned about my employer asking me proof work authorization. What can be done here? Any suggestions/information would be helpful.

Anyone else in the similar situation? 
image.png.4fd23a9ec2565b164888dee74d81dd81.png

Urgent:

1) Go to SSA office tomorrow (while 2 year GC is valid), file form SS-5 for replacement SS card without restrictions on it. The restrictions is wording "Valid for work only with DHS authorization". You'll have to show GC and ID to SSA personnel. If you don't have restrictions on your SS card, see the step 3.

2) In few weeks you will receive unrestricted SS card.

3) Assuming you have state ID or DL card that's valid, all you need to show employer is valid DL and unrestricted social security card for I-9 verification.

Employer by law cannot demand to see your GC.  List B and list C documents are enough to verify your work eligibility.

List B document in your case is state ID or DL. List C document is unrestricted SS card.

More info: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

Do not ever use GC for anything other than:

1) travelling into the US (airlines, CBP) 

2) getting new / replacing ID / DL at DMV / BMV / DSP or whatever agency issues DL in your state

3) Banks when getting a mortgage / loan etc.

This will save you a lot of stress.

Good luck!

Edited by OldUser

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

Urgent:

1) Go to SSA office tomorrow (while 2 year GC is valid), file form SS-5 for replacement SS card without restrictions on it. The restrictions is wording "Valid for work only with DHS authorization". You'll have to show GC and ID to SSA personnel. If you don't have restrictions on your SS card, see the step 3.

2) In few weeks you will receive unrestricted SS card.

3) Assuming you have state ID or DL card that's valid, all you need to show employer is valid DL and unrestricted social security card for I-9 verification.

Employer by law cannot demand to see your GC.  List B and list C documents are enough to verify your work eligibility.

List B document in your case is state ID or DL. List C document is unrestricted SS card.

More info: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

Do not ever use GC for anything other than:

1) travelling into the US (airlines, CBP) 

2) getting new / replacing ID / DL at DMV / BMV / DSP or whatever agency issues DL in your state

3) Banks when getting a mortgage / loan etc.

This will save you a lot of stress.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response.
I have a SS card (social security card) without the wording "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" or any other kind of wording. This is the SS card that I have had ever since arriving in the US.
Is there anything I would need to get done apart from this?

15 minutes ago, USCHQU said:

Thank you for your response.
I have a SS card (social security card) without the wording "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" or any other kind of wording. This is the SS card that I have had ever since arriving in the US.
Is there anything I would need to get done apart from this?

You need to have state ID or Driver's License. Show ID and SS card - that's all you need to prove status when going through I-9 verification. Those are called List B and List C documents. Employer cannot demand by law to show them GC if you have these docs.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.