11 posts in this topic

I applied for my new born son's I-130 late March, and yesterday I received an email about an update for his application. Upon login I found that the estimate time is around 2 Months, is this accurate?
Once I filed his application I tried to speak to an agent about an expedite request and was told that I need to upload an unsolicited evidence which I haven't done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Call back and ask to speak to a Tier 2 and explain that Mom's application has been processing and provide her PD.  Usually the Tier 2's are able to better service your case.  Is Mom's I-130 approved already? Her NOA (and possibly her approval) should serve as a pretty strong reason to expedite.  

There have been some people who've recently had I-130's approved freakishly quickly with no understood explanation.  But, the information on MyUSCIS is horribly inaccurate and a total crapshoot, so stick with what you know from your partner's case and stay skeptical with USCIS!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 4/15/2024 at 9:56 AM, mam521 said:

Call back and ask to speak to a Tier 2 and explain that Mom's application has been processing and provide her PD.  Usually the Tier 2's are able to better service your case.  Is Mom's I-130 approved already? Her NOA (and possibly her approval) should serve as a pretty strong reason to expedite.  

There have been some people who've recently had I-130's approved freakishly quickly with no understood explanation.  But, the information on MyUSCIS is horribly inaccurate and a total crapshoot, so stick with what you know from your partner's case and stay skeptical with USCIS!  

The mother has received her visa in hand and the baby was born like a month and a half before her interview.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Speedy troy said:

The mother has received her visa in hand and the baby was born like a month and a half before her interview.

I'd have delayed her interview, TBH.  But what's done is done.  

Is baby not eligible for CRBA? 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Speedy troy said:

At the time of his birth, I only had 4 and some change being a USC. We were afraid that his application would take 18+ months like his mother so we didn't want to wait.

I'd still call, ask to talk to a Tier 2, explain and see if they will expedite.  Once the I-130 is approved, do the same for NVC and again for the consulate.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I'd still call, ask to talk to a Tier 2, explain and see if they will expedite.  Once the I-130 is approved, do the same for NVC and again for the consulate.  

I'm on the phone with them as we speak. Also she's going to enter the US after our 2nd year anniversary(visa approved before 2nd anniversary), at the POE can the officer issue a 10 years card rather than 2 years?
I've been through the ROC and it was painful hence I'm asking if we can avoid that.

Edited by Speedy troy

Timeline
Just now, Speedy troy said:

I'm on the phone with them as we speak. Also she's going to enter the US after our 2nd year anniversary(visa approved before 2nd anniversary), at the POE can the officer issue a 10 years card rather than 2 years?

The CBP officer won't be able to do anything there.  However, if it's after your 2 year anniversary, it should trigger with USCIS and automatically change.  I know the CBP officer can't change anything because I asked when I did the exact same thing :).  We entered the day after our 2 year anniversary.  

My GC and Kid1's GC came as IR, 10 year GC's.  Kid2's didn't.  I had to file an I-90 to get them to fix it but it was not a big deal and didn't cost us anything other than the time and annoyance to fill out the forms and send the information to them.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

13 minutes ago, mam521 said:

The CBP officer won't be able to do anything there.  However, if it's after your 2 year anniversary, it should trigger with USCIS and automatically change.  I know the CBP officer can't change anything because I asked when I did the exact same thing :).  We entered the day after our 2 year anniversary.  

My GC and Kid1's GC came as IR, 10 year GC's.  Kid2's didn't.  I had to file an I-90 to get them to fix it but it was not a big deal and didn't cost us anything other than the time and annoyance to fill out the forms and send the information to them.  

So there is nothing I can from my end for now?
I just hangup with someone who basically refused to transfer me to a T2,  she said that I need to provide a letter attached with evidence as to why I need to expedite my son's application. This is crazy, she didn't think that separating a two month's old baby from his mother is a enough reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.