6 posts in this topic

My visa type is IR1 and i had my IV interview 3 weeks ago, the consular officer gave white paper need to upload IRS transcript to CEAC of our joint sponsor and he said he’ll send me an email tonight for another requests and until now we didn’t upload the updated transcript (we’re waiting for the joint sponsor to fill out the IRS) and until now we don’t receive any email from the embassy. Knowing that they’re keeping my passport.

Also, during my interview I asked the consular officer if it’s okay to be the validation of the visa is one year due to my pregnancy, he said the validity is 6 months and he will write a note and they will contact me before issuing the visa if I want to issue it or wait until I get deliver my baby and do the medical exam again.

I am so confused about that we didn’t receive an email from them as they said and worried about the note. kindly advise what I should do.

My visa type is IR1 and i had my IV interview 3 weeks ago, the consular officer gave white paper need to upload IRS transcript to CEAC of our joint sponsor and he said he’ll send me an email tonight for another requests and until now we didn’t upload the updated transcript (we’re waiting for the joint sponsor to fill out the IRS) and until now we don’t receive any email from the embassy. Knowing that they’re keeping my passport.

Also, during my interview I asked the consular officer if it’s okay to be the validation of the visa is one year due to my pregnancy, he said the validity is 6 months and he will write a note and they will contact me before issuing the visa if I want to issue it or wait until I get deliver my baby and do the medical exam again.

I am so confused about that we didn’t receive an email from them as they said and worried about the note. kindly advise what I should do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged.  do not create multiple topics on the same subject.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you been keeping an eye on your junk mail for this request?  Was there any mention of what it is, like a DS-5535 form to fill out with your 15 year travel history?  

Your visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of your medical or 6 months from the issuance of your visa, whichever expires first.  Your case will be your medical expires sooner.  The consulate will not extend the validity of this visa.  You will have to try and get it reprinted if you don't enter the US before it expires.  Additionally, your child will require proper documentation to enter the US as well, be it a CRBA and US passport or their own IR-2 visa, if you enter after their birth.  

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

1 hour ago, mam521 said:

Have you been keeping an eye on your junk mail for this request?  Was there any mention of what it is, like a DS-5535 form to fill out with your 15 year travel history?  

Your visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of your medical or 6 months from the issuance of your visa, whichever expires first.  Your case will be your medical expires sooner.  The consulate will not extend the validity of this visa.  You will have to try and get it reprinted if you don't enter the US before it expires.  Additionally, your child will require proper documentation to enter the US as well, be it a CRBA and US passport or their own IR-2 visa, if you enter after their birth.  

thank you for your reply, yes I am checking my junk email daily and there’s nothing. My husband said let’s upload the IRS transcript then maybe they will send it.

Regarding to the visa validity, me and my husband giving back about it and we just want to finish and get the visa done as soon as possible😔.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.